[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why haven't any PMC tried invading Somalia yet? Would it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 6

File: Somalian Pirates we.jpg (74KB, 720x528px) Image search: [Google]
Somalian Pirates we.jpg
74KB, 720x528px
Why haven't any PMC tried invading Somalia yet? Would it really be that hard?
>>
PMCd are generally regarded as defensive organizations for the most part, even if a PMC or multiple invaded Somalia, it was pretty much ensure bankruptcy, since it would be seen as a violation of the legal constraints they abide by.
>>
>>33055129
Why would they?
>>
>>33055129
>Why haven't any PMC tried invading Somalia yet?
Because real life isn't the movies or videogames.
>>
File: 1487476752040.jpg (53KB, 545x720px) Image search: [Google]
1487476752040.jpg
53KB, 545x720px
>>33055129
Sure they could do it, but why?

No point in expending resources (both human and financial) on an endeavor that is unlikely to ever yield significant returns. Even if you DO manage to somehow stabilize the region, the costs of laying down and then maintaining(defending) the infrastructure required to extract resources and get them to market is going to make the whole thing a 20 year ROI at best.
>>
>>33055129
I mean Kurtz-ing IRL sounds fun and all, but I'd rather invest in the Zimbabwean Government before wanting to be associated with Somalia.
>>
>>33055129

>be pmc
>invade Somalia
>win because it's just Somalia
>congratulations, the prize for all of your hard work and investment is control of Somalia

The question is the answer.
>>
>>33055129
Invading a failed state is fuck easy.
Hard part is paying anyone you could afford in the first place in a nation with no real industry.
>>
>>33055129
Because you severely misunderstand what a PMC is and what they do.
>>
>>33055129
why would a defence contracting agency invade a nation
>>
>>33055286
But CoD tells me PMCs are global superpowers
>>
>>33055319
no, that was MGS4. where PMC's are global superpowers under a mother company Outer Haven.
>>
>>33055255
A monopoly on the Black gf trade is invaluable
>>
>>33055454
there are no decent black woman coming from americas ghetto's why would there be any good ones coming from fucking somalia
>>
Somali insurgencies are a real bitch and no PMC has the resources to deal with that.
>>
>>33055129
War hasn't changed yet. PMCs are still outlawed
>>
File: 51.jpg (265KB, 2304x1296px) Image search: [Google]
51.jpg
265KB, 2304x1296px
The illegal French DGSE mercenaries already tried to invade Somalia. And fail. HARD.
>>
No resources.
>>
remember that somalia is the perfect spot for space launch, space port investment is legit
>>
the world wont even gain if we outright nuked them.

is there a reason why we are talking about Niggeria?
>>
File: 1486110285598.gif (991KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1486110285598.gif
991KB, 500x281px
>>33055416
>>
>>33057510
Got anymore on this?
>>
>>33057510
that looksvlike the picture of that French SF killed by IS a while ago, the equipment looks the same
>>
Much of it is a matter of funding and political will.

Executive Outcomes on $1.8 million a month intervened successfully in the Sierra Leone Civil War. However, they had access to former South African veterans of years of bush-wars, as well as an enemy that was almost solely interested in money rather than an ideology/religion.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sierra_Leone_Civil_War#Executive_Outcomes

As it is, I doubt a PMC could do any better than the international effort in Somalia at the moment. The African Union's AMISOM numbers over 20,000 personnel, and they are training a new Somali army, while western special forces provide support as well. I doubt there is a PMC that could do better than this, particularly due to the issue of legitimacy.
>>
>>33057626
Somebody call up Elon
>>
Because the USA has been ruled by anti-white communists since WW2 and destroyed all colonialist countries.

Obviously you can't take over a black country, you would need to ethnically cleanse/displace then population with your own people

Thats the ONLY way successful colonialism happens
>>
>>33057680
>killed by IS
these were french sf killed by al-shabbab
>>
>>33058416
my bad then
>>
>>33055129
>conquer somalia
>your reward is a failed state with warring tribes and warlord rivalries buttfucking each other

really gets the neurons going
>>
>>33058604
Then just start offering skinny shooting safari, get rid of the locals and make money at the same time.
>>
>Why haven't any PMC
Why can't you speak English?

Somalia is a shithole, what's the merit in invading it?
>>
>>33055416
No the Kevin Spacey CoD with Atlas.
>>
>>33055129
I've got it /k/
Somalia is just the staging point. You capture it with ease and wipe out anyone who will not submit allegiance. Once you gather enough men and resources you move on to Zimbabwe. Steamroll it with your new pirate army and once New Rhodesia is yours you waste every last one of the fuckers. From there you pave your way down to South Africa and do the same. We're going to make Africa great again.
>>
>>33058741
become supreme ruler of that shit hole.
t. big boss
>>
File: b36.png (7KB, 420x420px) Image search: [Google]
b36.png
7KB, 420x420px
>>33058749
Fund it.
We might have to get /pol/ involved to govern the land and be the occupation force.
After we take the land, we contact ol Elon for >>33057626 and>>33058355 to fund the launch pad and begin launching asteroid mining operations.

After we have operations up and running, we begin taking heavily vetted normies to populate the region and further increase economic power.

Make Africa great Again
>>
>>33057626
>perfect spot for launches

Uh, source?
>>
>>33055129
Invade a CIA base. What could go wrong?
>>
>>33055129
why would anyone let alone PMCs invade somalia
>>
>>33058840
I call position of "Minister of Black GF (De)Normalization"
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.