[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Former Corpsman here. Just got out a few months ago. Anyone have

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: 1b9.jpg (43KB, 640x539px) Image search: [Google]
1b9.jpg
43KB, 640x539px
Former Corpsman here. Just got out a few months ago. Anyone have any questions about being in the Navy specifically or military medicine? I've been drinking, so I've got time to kill
>>
nobody cares welfare faggot
>>
>>33054172

I wish I could qualify for welfare. Sadly, I'm white, able-bodied, and not dumb enough to have kids I can't support.

Guess I'll just have to work for a living
>>
>>33054154
How do I into fixing stab wounds? Had an embarrassing moment when I fell onto a branch and passed out but forgot to ask the first responder what he was doing on account of me fainting.
>>
Since you were in the navy and a corpsman, what is the best way to give first aid in an anal year down to lack of proper water based lubricant?
>>
>>33054154
>hm
Literally only rate more useless is MA.
>hm
Here's Motrin
>>
>>33054154
Greenside or Blueside? Was it worth it? What do you think of doing reserve corpsman?

I was a USMC pog lol jsut got out
>>
>>33054205

How deep was the stab wound and where was it located?

One of the most important things to learn, especially in the case of deep wounds, is how to effectively pack them with gauze. I'm not talking about just stuffing it with gauze, I mean the methodical packing that will both absorb blood and aid the clotting process.

>>33054231

>best way to give first aid in an anal year down to lack of proper water based lubricant

I'm afraid I don't understand your wording, friend.

>>33054242

Don't forget to change your socks and drink water.

>>33054253

I was with CLR-2 for a couple of months before they became CLR-27, so my Greenside time was limited. I went to Bahrain for a year after that, then to a helo squadron that deployed on carriers.

To answer your question, Blueside, mostly.
>>
>>33054205
Not OP but you should just try to keep it still and get help to the hospital. Rolled gauze surrounding the object taped together (not on the object) should do.
>>
>>33054253
You spell like a crayon eater
>>
>>33054280
My favorite flavor of crayon is red

>>33054154
Was it worth it? I'm intending to go into a medical field anyway and figure it might be nice to be a reserve corpsman. Also, was it worth?
>>
>>33054317

I loved it, but I knew that going out on top (E-5 in five years) was the way to go. Corpsmen don't exactly promote quickly, and a lot of them tend to stagnate around the E-4 mark.

I got some civilian certs while I was still in, so I'm using them now while going to school and earning extra cash to throw in with the GI Bill money.

Be warned, though. You WILL meet some real fucking knuckleheads out there, not to mention people who may actually have debilitating mental disorders.

A guy I attended "C" school with actually got medically separated for being, no shit, severely autistic. He slipped through the cracks for four years until someone caught on
>>
>>33054362
What percentage of your peers was satisfied with their lives? What's the quality of life like? When I was in, like only 10% of my entire unit actually didn't hate their life.
>>
>>33054406

While I was in the helo unit, I could say that about 70% of my peers was satisfied with their lives. In a sea duty squadron, hard work DOES get noticed, but if you're a shitbag in your off-time, that will impact you as well.

We had a few hiccups here and there (domestic violence, suicide, uncontrolled alcoholism, etc) but we fared well.

I busted my ass for the squadron, too. I'd get calls at 2 AM about someone's medical concerns and I'd help them out as best as I could. We were supposed to have two Corpsmen, but one retired and the guy who was SUPPOSED to help me out ended up getting discharged for something, so it was just me helping 300 people out for about three years.
>>
>>33054463
Do you get treated like shit like Lance Coolies usually do? Or is it more chill and stuff?

Sorry for so many questions bro
>>
File: 474747474.jpg (45KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
474747474.jpg
45KB, 1280x720px
hey doc can i change my socks now?
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.