[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I take pistol and rifle classes? I mean, I can generally

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: 1484120289405.gif (15KB, 266x400px) Image search: [Google]
1484120289405.gif
15KB, 266x400px
Should I take pistol and rifle classes? I mean, I can generally connect pretty well with handguns and rifles but I was wondering what benefits I can get from structured training, and how much of that can I learn on my own?
>>
Bump for assistance.
>>
One more time. Pls respond
>>
>>33052960
I mean, they're a good way to lose $100+. The internet is free.
>>
>>33052960
No.
>>
>>33052960
Absolutely. More training is always better. Connecting with the target is good, sure, but I used to shoot 4-6" groups with my carry gun because I didn't understand some things like front sight focus and trigger press nearly as well as I thought I did. Its one thing to read up on the concepts and think you understand them. Its wholly different to have an instructor walk you through things, demonstrate, and then hold you accountable for your failures in training.
>>
Learning to move to cover under fire, trigger control, moving firing ect.... I thought I was a pretty good shot but honestly learned alot from a pistol course. If the class is taught by someone in the know for real you will actually learn something you didnt know most likely.
>>
>>33055514
>>33055478
Idk if either of you are in Oregon (Portland here) but are there any classes nearby you'd recommend if you are in this area? I've been looking at several but it's hard to parse through it all and see what's good and what's shit. I'm primarily interested in handgun and carbine training, plus maybe some marksmanship training I guess.
>>
>>33055597
Im in nv, so not even close, well close enough to suggest a day course
>>
File: IMG_2349.jpg (40KB, 375x281px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2349.jpg
40KB, 375x281px
>>33055478
>>33055514
What are you, gay?
>>
You can learn a lot by having someone teach you, even silly shit that you would have not tough of.

I've never taken a class that was not free and required for work but I've learned a lot from videos. shit like what cover is real vs concealment, movement behind cover, as well as using it to your advantage is pretty valuable IMHO. look at training videos and practice on your own if you can, it's better then nothing and will let you practice the great skill that us to discern bull shit from practical stuff.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.