[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

French foregin legion general: thinking about joining. What info

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 13

File: images.jpg (11KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
11KB, 300x168px
French foregin legion general: thinking about joining. What info do you guys have? Should i know anything before doing it? Im also ex mil.
>>
>>33052795
I'm leaving to join around October., i don't think there is any ex or current here on /k/.
>>
>>33052795

Spent a yr in, medical reasons got me out.
I am not joking...I repeat, not joking......A lot of gay sex does happens when you're in. Some thing to do with forming a bond with the ppl you're with.

Also, if you're from the U.S. expect no one to like you.

Give me like ten mins, got some sweet pics on a few flash drives to share from while in...no homo pics btw.
>>
Have fun for the next five years...
>>
>>33053025
Where were you posted?

Also what was the anglo to eastern european/latin rate in castel?
>>
>>33053025
> homosexuals
> french military unit

Gee, who coulda seen it coming
>>
>>33053025
> I know a handful of Legionnaires and none of them have ever said anything about this
> doubt.JPG
>>
>>33053025
Kek. Well i dont care about my life so whatever ill do gay shit. Im not gay but personally i dont care at all. As lomg as they let me put holes in targets im happy. Plus i get a new life. Im not a criminal but i just want a different life. Also im ok with people hating americans. I just want to try.
>>
>>33053658

You have to be 18 to post on this board, kid.
>>
>>33053688
Ex military. US marines. Nice try kiddo.
>>
>>33052830
There was an FFL guy on here a few times before.
>>
>>33053757

No, judging by that post I replied to you're clearly a highschooler going through the "life sucks nobody gets me I'm smarter than literally everyone" phase.
It's okay, I've been there, but in a few years you're going to realize what a dumbass you've been.
>>
>>33053025

>>I am not joking...I repeat, not joking......A lot of gay sex does happens when you're in. Some thing to do with forming a bond with the ppl you're with.

French soldier here, as homosexuality is a kind of a big taboo in our institution, and I'm just speaking about the "régulière", because it's a sexist world, I don't even imagine in FFL...

Dunno for other regiment, but in mine, if someone hear, or see a guy doing homosexual thing, you can expect 1 of those thing happend:

1) The whole regiment will laugh about the guy, which will end in 90% luck of desertion for the guy.

2) The guy is a beastmachine/Crazy dude, and will destroy any fucker that laugh about him, or talk in it's back, and no one will ever bring it back.
>>Give me like ten mins, got some sweet pics on a few flash drives to share from while in...no homo pics btw.

Almost an hour later, and still nothing, so i'll just call for bait.
>>
>>33052795
>Should i know anything before doing it? Im also ex mil.

Learn few french, train hard to be able to do a fuckton number of pull-up, be able to run 3.200 meter in 12 min.

Go straight to Aubagne, don't join in Paris, and keep money so you can head back home if they don't take you.
>>
>>33053757
> marines

If only the 18 limit included mental age..
>>
>>33053837
>keep money so you can head back home if they don't take you.
why pay for your own ticket when you can get deported for free?
>>
>>33053902
Do you really expect the legion to deport you for free? If you bitch and stay around their door, they'll kick you in the ass, and will keep money on the pay you win by working for the legion for few day.
>>
File: happy argentine.png (126KB, 500x562px) Image search: [Google]
happy argentine.png
126KB, 500x562px
>>33053025
>france
>>
>>33053782
What? No i just dont have enough time in or spec ops training to join PMC's
I was stationed in kaneohe bay. I dont think im smarter than anyone except for you. Pointing out or rrying to point out someones intelligence is part of your inferiority complex and thats ok. I just want back into the armed forces.
>>
>>33054035
Yes who could possibly not chuckle at europes largest and best military with the best force projection.
How could you not giggle at a quality of food and culture nearly unrivaled in tge world.
Its crazy how they were first to close borders in eu and are the number 1 target in eu of terrorism because they are so weak toward the mudslimes.....man France is so lame
>>
>>33054256
I dont care about culture or food either. I just want to go back to the military. Also why would they not take anyone? Who doesnt get accepted?
>>
>>33052795
So thats it? This is all i need to know? Do french woman even like the FFL? Do they really have hairy bushes? I want some comprehensive stuff and how likely is it i get combat? Do they take crazy people?
>>
>>33055086
>>I want some comprehensive stuff and how likely is it i get combat?

If by combat you mean using your fa-mas in combat situation, near 0% unless WW3 happend, or French army goes in another shitty country.
>>
>>33055385
By combat i mean kill people. How likely is it that i get to kill people.
>>
>>33055580

0%.
>>
>>33055651
Fuck
>>
>>33053837
Any lingua franca other than French and English would really help...
>>
File: staypoor.png (271KB, 479x358px) Image search: [Google]
staypoor.png
271KB, 479x358px
>>33053025
>Also, if you're from the U.S. expect no one to like you.

Why?
>>
>>33054330
There are a lot- A LOT- of applicants from eastern Europe/north Africa/anywhere else that's shitty and war torn. They get to pick and choose the best from a fuck huge pool. You'll have a better chance if you have good health and eyesight, and a useful non-combat skill set.
>>
>>33055385
That's bullshit. FFL keeps posts in south america, Africa, and Asia/pacifica. Combat regiments in the field actually do see combat.
>>
>>33055982
Bunch of roids then got it.
>>
>>33055799
Have you watched international news sometime in the last decade
>>
>>33052795
You're country is going to shit
>>
File: kbom.jpg (2MB, 3011x2437px) Image search: [Google]
kbom.jpg
2MB, 3011x2437px
>>33056013
>That's bullshit. FFL keeps posts in south america, Africa, and Asia/pacifica. Combat regiments in the field actually do see combat.

Oh sorry, I suppose you must know more stuff about that than me, after all I'm just a poor french soldier, that know nothing about the army of it's own country.

So let's see at every OPEX you're talking about.

Guyane? FFL keep Kourou and train soldier in the CEFE, for the pursuit against gold miner, each regiment it's turn, and there's not that much of shooting.

Africa? Main théatre are Mali, Niger and Tchad, the hot one being Mali, and the danger aren't bullet but mine and IED, because terrorist don't attack us anymore with light weapon, pic fucking related.

Niger and Tchad? High speed pursuit with pick-up.

Center Africa? we're bailing out

Asia? Were the hell do you want shooting to happend? We just stay on our island.

So, yeah, as I say near 0%, the only good way to use it's weapon would be to be in either 13 RDP or 1 RPIMA, which are SOF, but hey, they don't recruit foreigner legionnaires.
>>
>>33056128
>roids

Yeah, good idea if you don't wanna get in.
>>
File: 1443785036120.jpg (38KB, 600x367px) Image search: [Google]
1443785036120.jpg
38KB, 600x367px
>>33056260
how would they know
>>
>>33056197
Im american and im still in america.
>>
>>33056240
Fine... Then ill get the training anyway.
>>
>>33056260
Why. Just do one cycle then wait it out for a while then join them. Thats it.
>>
What are the more interesting jobs in the legion besides infantry?
>>
File: lucky for you im a fish lover.png (241KB, 372x453px) Image search: [Google]
lucky for you im a fish lover.png
241KB, 372x453px
>>33056914
>literal cannon fodder
>interesting jobs
>>
>>33056930
Well, I mean they have to have something besides infantry. I recalled a documentary where an engineering student went on to get an education in some sort of engineering related job in the FFL.
>>
>>33056930

Oh my, my! Look at this poor cannon fodder guy throw in a meat grinder with it's poor equipment that surely cost only few euros!

>>33056952

There are Infantry regiment, Engineer regiment, cavalry regiment and one para regiment.

If you're good enough during your basics, and end up in the first, you'll be able to choose the regiment you want.
>>
>>33056240
Woah, hey, pardon the hell out of me for trying to stick up for your shit hole country. You're absolutely right, though. France hasn't done a goddamn thing but bend over and take it in the ass from the entire rest of the world since Napoleon. OP'd be more likely to see combat with the JIDF.
>>
File: 1487261393979.jpg (69KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
1487261393979.jpg
69KB, 500x333px
>>33057027
>>
>>33052795
Go to the FFL website, answers a lot of joining questions anyone here might have.

t. Thought about joining a lot and checked out their site
>>
>>33052795
Did that former U.S. Marine who was going to join the Legion a few weeks ago ever post back on here? Or do we have to wait five years to hear from him?
>>
>>33052795
Tried out in august but the only took retards and third worlders..its more of a refugee program desu, huff gasoline before you go..it will increase your chances
>>
I remember a Czech legionnaire who posted on /k/ a few times. Wonder if he is still here.
>>
>>33057212
wrong, they have a lot of people trying to join so they can be picky about who they choose. Your fault retards and third worlders are better choices than (you)
>>
>>33057221
They must have a lot of Marines who leave them because the legion is too hardcore.
>>
File: 1485571295049.jpg (6KB, 299x168px) Image search: [Google]
1485571295049.jpg
6KB, 299x168px
>>33057221
Well if they want Pogs im surely the wrong person for the job just like the royal marine with pmc experience and the other military guys who got taken out with me
>>
>>33057252
No they desert bc theres no combat and thats the main reason they left their comfy 1st world lives for
>>
>>33057274
I'm surprised, there is like a billion different wars going on in Africa and they join the FFL.
>>
>>33057267
>royal marine with once experience
and I'm the Queen the England, who wants to be knighted
>>
>>33052795
My brother-in-law was a legionaire. They left him and 20 other guys stranded on an island and 3 of em starved to death before they came back.

The french treat legionaires like shit to the point of maliciousness because the french utterly despise foreigners and the public doesnt give two fucks if the "training" happens to kill a couple dozen dirty americans every year.
>>
>>33057286
>>33057284
Believe what you fucking want, unlike your dumbass I actually bothered to go and got to know some legionares, they mainly pick the guys who could use the french passport
>>
Considering how often we have these "im leaving to join up next week"-treads here, i'm impressed that the Legion isnt 200 000 000 strong at this point.
>>
>>33053367
>Yeah bro, I spend time in the Legion. I got to learn french, suck a few dicks, travel the world. Best time of my life

What the fuck do you expect?
>>
File: 20170220_130159.jpg (3MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
20170220_130159.jpg
3MB, 4128x2322px
>>33052795
French ex-mil here. Not Légion tho.

Before you go, just be sure to be fit as hell. Have your MD check up for knees, heart, teeth and vision. If one of these is fucked up, you're fucked up.

Godspeed anon.
>>
File: 1421523406697.jpg (286KB, 1212x812px) Image search: [Google]
1421523406697.jpg
286KB, 1212x812px
>>33057793
>Before you go, just be sure to be fit as hell. Have your MD check up for knees, heart, teeth and vision. If one of these is fucked up, you're fucked up.

FFL runs everywhere. So yeah, learn to run before you even apply. Boot camp will still suck ass, but at least it might suck a tiny bit less.
>>
>>33057793
anon what regiments are posted in paris as site protection atm?
>>
We should make a pastebin for that shit.

>>33056914
Depends, what do you like?
As with most militaries, there a lot of jobs available.
The got very nice underwater sapper commandos.
>>
>>33057822
Im ex US marine so i fit the stupid qualification. They also taught me how to run. I plan on going in august i have to train.
>>
>>33060076
There's more competition in the summer.
>>
>>33053025
yeah I was in Task Force Homosex and was regularly sent to FFL to serve as their fucktoy, usually 3 week deployments at a time.
>>
>>33060263
thank you for your service
>>
>>33057284
>>there is like a billion different wars going on in Africa

See

>>33056240

>>33057304
>>My brother-in-law was a legionaire. They left him and 20 other guys stranded on an island and 3 of em starved to death before they came back.

>>The french treat legionaires like shit to the point of maliciousness because the french utterly despise foreigners and the public doesnt give two fucks if the "training" happens to kill a couple dozen dirty americans every year.

Hey, I know that brother in law! He told me that you goes with him on that island, and you had to suck everyone cock so you don't starve to death, he also told me did that you were able to trhow bullshit through your mouth at the speed of the light.

>>anon what regiments are posted in paris as site protection atm?

No him, but regiment change everytime, also this is Secret Défense Louis, and you are not in the secret!
>>
>>33057141
He didn't get in, I think
>>
>>33060796
>>33057141
The legion is super picky when it comes to Americans.

High desertion rate.
>>
>>33060154
It sucks more in the winter. So what should i do?
>>
>>33060926
Go in the autumn imo
>>
>>33060822
Well i would rather die than desert. I dont have anything left to live for. If they let me in ill complete my contract no matter what. I just want them to let me in. I would do anything.
>>
>>33060932
Then autmn is it then.
>>
>>33060822
Im obviously not doing it for the money and i dont care about the money. I want the training. I want to work with them. All i want to do is do a contract with them for 5 years
>>
>>33060276
Dont thank him, thank his butthole. Its the one who did all the heavy lifting
>>
File: aaaaa.jpg (79KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
aaaaa.jpg
79KB, 800x450px
>>33060822
>>33060955

Fucking Sentinel is a devastating thing for most soldier.

Walking, or staying in the same place all the day within a town in which you know no one, with your gun, ammo, helmet and bullet proof vest, where people and foreigner think you're a tourist guide, and sleeping in shitty place ( pic related, got a real bed when you're luck, less lucky you've got a military bed, no luck at all, you're on the ground ), and not being able to see your family for 2 month, when you are in your country.

It kinda make people goes crazy, there's no problem to live like this when going on theatre operations, but in your own country? That utterly suck.
>>
>>33061531

Forget to say, that's why French native and western people in the legion desert, cause they find it utterly ridiculous, but thrid tiers country guys still find it better than their past life.
>>
>>33061531
Im 100% ok with that. I dont mind being far away im still ex mil. I was ok then ill be ok but i do apprechiate your input.
>>
>>33061531
Are you in the french army? If so what do you do?
>>
>>33061554
Exactly, westerners in general have become to used to our lives where everything is accessible, living in excess. Not our fault or anything.

I think the majority of westerners who make it in either have prior military background or have got in trouble with the law so they have no choice but to stay.

The legion's majority is eastern europeans and latinos because for 'most' of them life in the legion is a step up from where they came from.

I think Asians were meant to have a high desertion rate due to language and cultural problems or something, i may have heard wrong though.
>>
File: 333333-1.jpg (185KB, 589x540px) Image search: [Google]
333333-1.jpg
185KB, 589x540px
>>33061585

Yes I'am, VAB pilot, in a combat engineer regiment, here's what I drive for the last 4 month.
>>
>>33062311
Nice.
How would you describe your experience in the french army?
What was boot camp like? What's your daily life like?
Overall, would you recommend it?
>>
>>33054256
They aren't the larget, dont have the biggest budget and dont have the best force projection.

They are very profesional though.
>>
>>33062421

>>How would you describe your experience in the french army?

As I alway grew up in the military world, I alway wanted to go in, I love my job, I love this world, but, how to say it... There are people, like me, that love everything's that military,and respect every aspect of the army, then, there are the guys that come only to get a job... And most of them just don't care about what their task... So it's kinda pain in the ass for me.

Also, the word that would apply the must to French army is System D, every time, everywhere, system D, I received my vab with nothing on it, I had to scrap and steal pieces of other VAB that where going in France.

That say since few years, equpiment and gear are less and less a problem.

>>What was boot camp like?

Meh, in last years, there were not enough recruit, boot camp being too hard, and some NCO and officiers did stupid shit, so boot camp isn't hard anymore, anyone can go through, also because we need more recruits.

>>What's your daily life like?

Too much random to say it, on paper, it should be wake up at 6 AM, 8 AM roll call, then Sport and instruction during the morning, more instruction in the afternoon, maintenance of weapon and equipment, 17 PM roll call, end of the day.

In reality? Not enough time to do that and everything else, we're always packing and preparing our stuff and equipment for the next training/opex/sentinel/exam.

>Overall, would you recommend it?

If you know what you are going into, yes, definitly, even more if you're single, but if you have a girlfriend, or love too much your family, forget it, you won't see them often, unless you're in a regiment not far away from home.
>>
>>33063011
>the military world
How different is it for a civilian who's never known anything else?
>There are people
Overall, are there a lot of assholes, or is it easy to get along with most people (in your regiment, at least)?
>anyone can go through
Is it really that easy? Not even challenging?
>If you know what you are going into, yes, definitly
I can't see myself anywhere else than in the army, it's not a childhood dream or anything but I hate office jobs and the military just sounds like a good environment.
I'm still not exactly sure what to expect. I'll probably do it anyway though.
>>
>>33063138
>How different is it for a civilian who's never known anything else?

Wellp, that depend, some guys love it en embrace it, other guys don't like it, and the last one don't care at all.

>Overall, are there a lot of assholes, or is it easy to get along with most people (in your regiment, at least)?

It's easy to get along, but there's alway one or two assholes, but most of the time, they do shit one time, and when they get their ass kicked by everyone, they stop.

>>Is it really that easy? Not even challenging?

Well, if you don't physically prepare yourself before, yeah it'll be hard. It also depend of your supervisory staff, if it's full of guys that will soon quit the army, they won't really bother that much, if you get new to middle career NCO, yeah, they'll make you suffer more or less, personally, I didn't find it hard.

>>I can't see myself anywhere else than in the army, it's not a childhood dream or anything but I hate office jobs and the military just sounds like a good environment.
I'm still not exactly sure what to expect. I'll probably do it anyway though.

Don't know about your country army, but in France, you have a trial period of 6 month, so if you don't like it.

But after those 6 month, oh oh oh! You can't resign! Nope! If Pierre doesn't come back to it's regiment, he is a deserter! Jacques the Gendarmes will come at your home, and ask you to come back to regiment, and if you don't want... Wellp they'll just say ok, and it will go to court of law.
>>
>>33053367
don't ask don't tell
Thread posts: 88
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.