[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If/when silencers stop requiring a tax stamp, when do you think

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 4

File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (1MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
1MB, 3264x1836px
If/when silencers stop requiring a tax stamp, when do you think supply will catch up with demand?

I'm worried they will be sold out for months/years.
>>
>>33047987
Then buy one now and request a refund on the $200 when/if HPA passes.
>>
Won't I just be able to make one, for myself when that get deregulated. Yes it will not look pritty but I think I can make one that will work.
>>
>>33047987
5-7 years for good name-brand ones, but there'll be shitty fly-by-night popup companies literally everywhere trying to capitalize on it with cheap and not very effective designs.

>>33048197
Yes.

Your design will be loud and heavy unless you have a CNC TIG welder and a lathe and the skills to use them both well.
>>
>>33048012

>actually thinks he'd get it

Naw nigga
>>
I would imagine many more companies to start producing them to capitalize on the increased demand. The same goes for 80% ones, too.
>>
>>33048211
loud probably not, heavy definitely.
>>
>>33048231
Dakota Silencers is currently running a program that if the stamp no longer becomes necessary, they will send you $200 for any suppressor purchased after Nov of 2016.
>>
>>33047987
a month maybe, they are super easy to manufacture
>>
>>33048012
>request a refund

never going to happen
>>
>>33047987
Within 6 months - 1 year. That is generally the time it takes for companies to enter the market and incumbents to acquire capital and labor necessary to increase demand.
>>
>>33047987

imho

within 1 year the supply will be able to keep up with demand. there will be the initial 6+ month surge where suppressors will be double and triple their MSRP due to people purchasing them at MSRP from wholesalers then reselling them for whatever the market demands.

after the initial surge:

"oil traps" that need to have the buffers drilled out will be available in the $100 range

the shitty no name ones that are poorly constructed from fly-by-night companies will be $100-200

the new name brands from decent gun manufactures will be $300-500

the current strong players will be available because a lot of people wont be willing to shell out $500+ when they can have one that works decent enough for $200

the ultra high end boutique suppressors will continue no change due to their cost exceeding $1500+
>>
>>33047987
What's a good, affordable threaded handgun for a silencer? I've been looking at HK, CZ, and Sig Sauer but I'm not sure which is better.
>>
>>33047987
I know of people who've illegally made them in their shops, they destroyed them out of fear after testing though.
They aren't rocket science, nor are they expensive to make. There's no particular reason a TON of people couldn't pick up the slack(locally anyway) or make their own.
>>
>>33048211
>he doesn't just bore the suppressor body out with a boring bar, cutting the tube from one solid piece of stock and turn the baffles.
What are you? Some kinda CNC faggot who can't use a manual lathe?
>>
>>33047987
They aren't hard to make, suppressors from the top manufacturers may be sold out for a long time but I would think a bunch of companies would pop up to fill the demand.
>>
>>33047987
>If/when silencers stop requiring a tax stamp, when do you think supply will catch up with demand?
catch up? never
not be completely bone dry? at least two years
>I'm worried they will be sold out for months/years.
They will be. You can buy the suppressor now and have the FFL hold onto it. You don't have to do the Form 4.
>>
http://www.akfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=236129
Posting to show how oblivious these guys are.
>>
It'll catch up within a year. This shit's not hard to make.

I do wonder what their status will be for importation, though. They're still treated as a firearm as far as the ATF is concerned.
>>
Can you enlighten me about this "silencers tax stamp"?
>>
>>33048475
Where do AAC and KAC fall on this.
>>
>>33047987
Didn't some silencer place just lay off staff do two a lack of sales.
>>
>>33048211

Maglite , washers spaced out for baffles , holes cut in washers for air flow. End cap needs to be made for threads , other end is just a screw cap so you can take the baffle disassembly out.

If you have more skill just look at other baffle design and try to replicate.
>>
>>33048571
this
its not hard to make one
>>
>>33048821

ATF, please stop posting your links.

I don't even have a dog.
>>
>>33048939

USA national firearms act.

Any silencer, short barrel rifle, short barrel shotgun, machine gun requires a $200 tax to be paid to transfer ownership along with a wait time currently near one year and also being fingerprinted and photographed.
>>
>>33048980
They did that because people are autistic and think that the HOA is just going to magically pass instantly because trump is in office. People are deciding not to bother buying and opting to wait so company's can't keep afloat.
>>
>>33048960
again, just imho
I'd say AAC somewhere in the low end of current strong players
KAC somewhere in the higher end of current strong players
>>
>>33048821
>>33049026
http://russtock.com/product?id=344
jesus come on now
>>
>>33049161

ATF, plz stahp.
>>
>>33049100
Sounds right. Due to my personal bais these are the only two I'm interested in aside from things like a VSS of course.
>>
>>33047987
There has got to be dozens or hundreds of suppressor makers in countries where it's not illegal. I think they will be able to meet market demand in the short term.
>>
>>33049200
I really think that the places like SilencerCo and AAC and similar manufactures will quickly ramp up production (6-12 months to catch up), but their suppressors wont be in the same demand as the cheap no-name types will be.

One thing that we have to remember is that even if they take the tax stamp away, good brand suppressors are still going to be $600 to $800 MSRP, thats the price of a handgun! A lot of people just cant afford them and dont want to afford them when they can either make their own for >$30 or purchase a decent enough one for $200.
>>
>>33048518
I have a CZ75 P01 Omega and it is tits
>>
>>33048475

Divide these prices by 10 and you'll be close.

Anybody can make one that has access to a home depot and a 1/2x28 tap.
>>
>>33049364
>good brand suppressors are still going to be $600 to $800 MSRP

try $1000 to $1500. Look up how much OSS costs.
>>
>>33051420
>the OSS is better than standard suppressors meme
>>
>>33048211

Hahahahaha... I've made my own suppressors, rather light ones. And they've been quiet as fuck
>>
>>33048012
>Refund
>Federal Government

Lol
>>
Fed laws will not impact some state laws. Fed getting rid of a law will not get rid of a state law, so i doubt the demand will be too drastic. Besides, most people live in blue states.
>>
>>33047987
see >>33048787
>>33048197
Yes
>>33048211
Nigga, you can literally 3D print a 22LR suppressor that will last at least a thousand rounds.
>>
I think you'd have more mom and pop 07's manufacturing suppressors if it passed.

My LGS has an 07 and currently makes AR-15's for the most part. Boutique shit, of course, but he could start churning out suppressors if there was a market for it.
>>
>>33051992
The only states your post apply to are the states with the big 3 cities. Illinois has been going through a relative revolution as of late when it comes to gun laws so it might just become NY and CA that ban silencers absolutely soon.
>>
File: 1477934028040.jpg (59KB, 675x450px) Image search: [Google]
1477934028040.jpg
59KB, 675x450px
>>33048012
>request a refund from the BATFE
>for an item you registered when it legally required a tax stamp
>>
>>33051077
just my opinion, prices will still stay high for those who want to purchase a nice name brand suppressor. home depot brand suppressors will be $20-30 after purchasing all the parts etc

>>33051420
no, see: >>33051833
prices on OSS and other similar branded suppressors wont change much MSRP, street price is going to be a whole different story. OSS isn't a "good brand" suppressor, its higher end than that.

>>33052257
>Nigga, you can literally 3D print a 22LR suppressor that will last at least a thousand rounds.
*citation needed
>>
>>33052574
The original drafts for the HPA noted that anyone that paid for a suppressor stamp since like October 2015 will get a refund. I haven't checked the new drafts but I would expect that would carry over.
>>
>>33052718
You can suppress a .22lr with some steel wool wrapped up in hardware cloth stuffed in some PVC
>>
>>33052551
this guy is right
there is a bill to deregulate suppressors in IL in teh Assembly right now, but last I heard it was stuck in committee
we have shall issue CC, no AWB, no mag cap ban (at least not statewide), state preemption of new local gunlaws, and, if you're a reenactor or have a C&R. legal SBRs

now that we have a Republican governor, some shit might get done
I just wish that we could solve this fuck damn budget crisis and get some funding to our colleges again
my university has already lost several of its best professors because of the budget crisis
>>
Hpa talk actually forced me to get off my ass and start purchasing cans

I, for one, am not counting on it passing, but if It does I fear the glut will take years to get through. In the long run more competition and larger scale manufacture will drive down costs, but for the first few years good suppressors will be in extreme demand.

I still hope the hpa passes, and I don't give a shit about losing my tax stamp money. Well Worth not having to wait an extra 2 years.
>>
>>33054824
My answer to everything that ills this state is the same -- hang the Madigans from the highest lamppost. I AM MAKING A SARDONIC COMMENT AND HAVE NO INTENTION OF COMMITTING A CRIME MISTER PARTY VAN MAN
>>
>>33047987
Just buy a solvent trap adapter and attach a fuel filter to it.

Works great on .22's from what I've heard.
>>
File: ATFDogger.jpg (330KB, 624x609px) Image search: [Google]
ATFDogger.jpg
330KB, 624x609px
>>33055342
>>
>>33055368
The ATF can't do shit if there's no stamp involved.
>>
>>33055509
As soon as you tell anyone you have that the ATF will send you a single bullet in the mail with "doggo" etched into the brass.
>>
>>33047987
>silencers
gb2/v/
>>
>>33055368
has the ATF developed cloning technology?
>>
>>33055575
The only thing worse than being pedantic is being wrong in your pedantry.
>>
Are NFA wait times short now if everyone thinks the HPA will pass?
>>
>>33055596
No, they're longish because there's like 2 ATF officers processing everything, and everyone and their mother tried to get in before Obama fucked up the trusts system
>>
>>33055611
Fucking god damn government fucks up everything. Why the fuck didn't Ron Paul win. Fuck this gay earth.
>>
>>33055581
Yes, maximum dogger shooting efficiency
>>
File: 20170219_212754.jpg (4MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20170219_212754.jpg
4MB, 4032x3024px
>>33047987
Hey i just bought that gun! Well the mkiv. Waiting for the HPA to pass so i can get a sweet can for it.
>>
>>33055798
All I got is my Mark III :(
>>
>>33055803
Regular or lite? Still a great pistol im sure but i'm in love with how stupid simple it is to field strip with
>one button takedown
>>
>>33051833
you used one? Because my SCAR16s has one on there. I also own an Omega and a Surge 762.

OSS is, by far, the best suppressor I own from a usability perspective.
>>
>>33055591
You don't know what pedantic means
>>
>>33055821
Post your meme gun with meme suppressor. Since you know it's sitting right next to you.
>>
>>33055819
Regular bull barrel
>>
>>33055575
The original patent said "silencer", and considering the operational principles haven't changed, it's safe to say the term is reasonable interchangeable.

https://www.google.com/patents/US916885
>>
>>33048518
CZ P09
SIG P320
HK USP Tactical
>>
>>33055994
The original patent didn't say "car" or "dildo" either, but here we are.
>>
>>33055952
Niceeeee. I'll get one of those eventually but i needed to scratch my tacticool plinker itch.
>>
>>33047987
Suppressors aren't hard to make, so any shortage will be artificial.

Then again, the HPA is also basically not going to happen, so I'm not sure that matters.
>>
>>33054824
> just wish that we could solve this fuck damn budget crisis and get some funding to our colleges again
my university has already lost several of its best professors because of the budget crisis

Lmao you stupid fucking commie. You sound like every middle class unionist I know. "we need to spend more tax dollars on services I use, redistribute more money towards people like me! Cut my tax rate and tax the rich more to pay for it That's the answer to our problems!"

You aren't entitled to shit. Be prepared to pay more for college or study somewhere within your means. Literally robbing people would be more ethical than demanding big papa government borrow more and more money that your grandchildren will still be paying interest on.
>>
>>33048980

silencerco
>>
>>33055803
only got the mk 2 here :c
Thread posts: 76
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.