[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the general consensus on 10mm. I'm thinking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: GetImage-copy.jpg (171KB, 900x598px) Image search: [Google]
GetImage-copy.jpg
171KB, 900x598px
What's the general consensus on 10mm. I'm thinking of dropping 700 for one of these beauties.
>>
>>33047378
It's a great bullet, but isn't very popular. It can be hard to fund and expensive to shoot.
>>
>>33047393
Shit, gotta see if these rural Kentucky asshole shops got any around.
>>
>>33047378
Do it
10mm is kinda a niche but its a great hunting round. If you want a powerful semi auto handgun (yes i know 10mm revolvers were made but whats the point?) you dont plan to surpress its the ticket.
>>
>>33047378
go for 45 acp for stopping powah
>>
>>33047378

10mm auto is a meme cartridge
>>
>>33047433
Op here. I was looking and a sig 10 mm round can outclass a 45 and is close to 41 Magnum. May be wrong not sure
>>
>>33047479
1st of all where are you finding xse deltas for $700

Second it is NOT close to .41 magnum and I can't believe the Wikipedia page hasn't been fixed yet. It's runs neck and neck with .357 magnum for the most part. .41 mag can shit all over both of them

Maximum loads for one touching tips with the reduced loads of another isn't close
>>
>>33047685
>>33047685
Thank you. In East Kentucky.
>>
>>33047753
One more thing. If you do get one there are aimed things you need to be aware of. Stay on top of recoil spring changes, and accept that the guide rod and buffer system are sacrificial parts so if you shoot a lot they will wear out, but they they save the gun in the process. Something nobody on /k/ will tell you about 10mm is that a lot of the off the shelf ammo being loaded close to .40S&W isn't a bad think. That means you have access to 10mm that is loaded with proven bullets at velocities they are designed to work at which will offer less recoil than the full retard loads everyone thinks you have to have. Think of it as .38 special +p loads for a .357 mag
>>
File: 975281289204.jpg (49KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
975281289204.jpg
49KB, 800x600px
>>33047404
There's a chance that they might, but even if they did, it's probably the commercial light loads from some Wal-mart brand that aren't much better than a standard .40 load. If you want 10mm to be worth it, you're going to want the Underwood and Double-Tap stuff. Anything less is just plinking ammo.
>>
I'd like 10mm more if it was easier to get into. Finding any ammo in 10mm locally is very difficult, and the stores in my area only rarely carry any 10mm guns. There's also the problem that the Glock 20 is, as far as I know, the only 10mm that will actually hold up under hard use.

Between all of these issues, I'd rather go with .357 Magnum, .44 Magnum, or .454 Casull if I wanted a big bore pistol.
>>
>>33047378
10mm is amazing, but it isn't a mainstream cartridge.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.