[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I dont know shit about guns, but I live in Chicago and I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: bby.jpg (24KB, 300x321px) Image search: [Google]
bby.jpg
24KB, 300x321px
I dont know shit about guns, but I live in Chicago and I'm certainly considering it.

I was considering a 9mm for home defense

and a .22 for target practice.

Is that recommended?

Are there any guns between the 2 ammo types that feel similar enough to where it wouldn't feel that different when interchanging? I'd just prefer the cheaper ammo over the long run for practice, and having actual self defense ammo loaded in, and safely stored in my room at all times, while my target practice gun would simply be locked in my car in the trunk or something.
>>
>I live in Chicago

no guns for you
>>
>>33046638
>I live in Chicago
Ha ha ha ha ha
You get a pointy stick
>>
>>33046648
Pretty sure handguns are openly sold, considering there are at least 2 gun shops within my area.

only "assault" weapons are banned from what I understand, whatever that means.
>>
/r/ing pic of revolver with a one shot cylinder
>>
>>33046664
Nope i think its just low cap long arms. You cant even walk into a gun without a foid car
>>
You know in IL you have to apply for a permit to get a gun
>>
>>33046694
Yeah I was already checking it out.

It's not that big of a deal, I was planning on doing the shit for concealed carry as well.

I've got the next 3 months off of work so I've got nothing but free time.
>>
>>33046638
If you're concerned with self defense, you should probably just get a good 9mm and practice with that. 9mm is more expensive than 22 LR, but is still one of the cheaper cartridges on the market.
>>
Not really related but is five seven a meme gun or is it truly worth a grand?
>>
>>33047354
^ this

I'm broke constantly, but I still have boxes of 9mm to shoot.
>>
>>33046638
Both calibers are good to own, but you should at least regularly practice with the caliber you want to actually use to defend yourself.
>>
>>33046700
>I was planning on doing the shit for concealed carry as well.

Kek. Don't get your hopes up.
>>
File: IMG_9432.jpg (37KB, 336x330px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9432.jpg
37KB, 336x330px
I fucking hate this board, whi can't I ever leave.
>>
>>33047482
Don't forget your here forever
>>
Start by getting a Ruger 22/45 mark 4 (the orange one).

Then get a Glock 19.

Now you are done buying pistols forever.
>>
>>33046638

Buy a Glock in 9mm.

Then buy a 22lr conversion kit for it.

You'll be able to practice shooting with the same grip, same draw, same trigger, for pennies.
>>
>>33046638
Get both, and a shotgun as well for home defense.
>>
>>33047530

The conversion kits are pretty ammo-sensitive.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.