[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>hey /k/ I'm a first time gun buyer >thinking about

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: pepe~39.png (86KB, 247x239px) Image search: [Google]
pepe~39.png
86KB, 247x239px
>hey /k/ I'm a first time gun buyer
>thinking about getting this 2000 dollar gun
>>
>>33045567
Yea, so? High end ARs are about that, SCARs are more. You can easily dump that into an O/U shotgun.
>>
File: stop.jpg (14KB, 600x384px) Image search: [Google]
stop.jpg
14KB, 600x384px
>>this isnt /k/ related
>>
ok
>>
File: 1456621229409.png (459KB, 1188x894px) Image search: [Google]
1456621229409.png
459KB, 1188x894px
>first time gun buyer
>buys a custom $1,000 gun instead of buying the base model and using the rest of the money attending a class
>doesn't want to be that guy that can shoot a near stock gun outshooting people with custom equivalents

I see this shit all the time at the range.
>>
>>33045913
>attending a class
Biggest meme ever. Want to shoot well? Get a father that gives a shit about you that will teach you how to shoot at 8 years old. Plan B? Read up guides and information online and find a range buddy. You can find literally everyone a competition shooter could teach you for free online, only difference is them literally holding your fucking hands while doing it. This isn't med school, you get better by practice, not by dropping a thousand dollars on a fucking waste of time.

Also
>Dad teaches his kid to shoot since little kid
>Hey /k/ buying first gun of my own
>Thinking about getting this 2000 gun I like
>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Sage.
>>
>>33045969
You can find literally everything a competition shooter could teach your for free online*
>>
>>33045913
What's wrong with people wanting to have nice shit? And you're assuming because he is spending a large amount on a rifle means he has no money left over for other things. Not everyone is poor like you.
Buy once cry once.
>>
File: image.jpg (109KB, 850x565px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
109KB, 850x565px
>>33045969
>shooting at a high skill level=/=paw paw teaching you how to load a gun and pull the trigger

I understand this is astounding information to you so I'll let you sit with it for a while.
>>
>hey /k/ it's my $550 WALMART-15 with UTG accessories and an air soft reflex do you like it? I also have a Taurus
>>
>>33045999
Its poorfag tears. Their pathetic impoverished hands have never felt high end rifles and those who dared to taint them deny they feel and look better than their latest DPMS poo rifles. Some claim it doesn't feel any different and either they are lying or severely stupid. Either way their crying is like console peasants berating Desktop computers. Topkek.
>>
>>33045969
My dad taught me how to shoot, but he never really shot. He just figured I should learn. Years later, I'm an exponentially better shot than he is. A dad may help to learn the most basic of basics, but I didn't really learn to shoot til I actually got some sort of training.

That said, I've taught all my friends to shoot, so I guess training isn't totally needed. But I didn't have the luxury of having hasgunz friends.
>>
>>33046080
I've shot pretty much every common high-end rifle you can think of, moreso with shotguns.

The real thing you shouldn't cheap out on is optics, hooooooly fuck good glass is so nice. Other than that, a SCAR-L isn't really that much, if at all better than your average mid-range AR.

Same with whatever the FN 9mm is vs. CZ75

Same with entry level Beretta over unders and custom trap guns

You don't really get that much more, in my opinion it's better to get a cheap gun, find out what you like about it and what you don't like about it, then drop money on something expensive after you've figured out your preferences.
>>
>>33046071
It depends on the father teaching. Mine was in the army, so he taught me basic shooting drills, clearing drills (both rooms and f2fs)... He was also a competition shooter, so he taught me a lot about holdover, trigger control and sight picture re-attainment, etc. That's not hard to come by, many people have a parent or grandparent that can teach them more than fudd shit. Those that don't can look up literally everything I just said and more and practice it themselves.

>shooting at high skill level
>I'm as good as marine or special forces! I took a 5 day $1,000 class! Guys! I'm so operator!
>>
>>33045567
Guys who post pictures of Pepe don't have $2000. They don't even have 2000 big boy points.
>>
>>33049343
Yep, my dad wasn't in the military but he was a very active shooter and hunter back in his teens and twenties, less so nowadays but he's still a good shot. He also got really big into reloading and has multiple presses, dies for all cartridges he shoots, dies and lead pot for casting lead bullets, etc. He's taught me a lot of really useful stuff about guns and shooting.

That said, he doesn't know anything about tactical shooting or semi-auto handgun shooting. Handgun shooting in particular is something that I believe a lot of people can benefit from taking a course on or at least having a knowledgeable shooter work with you for 30 minutes or so to make sure you have the proper grip, shooting stance, trigger technique, etc.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.