[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why isnt the Korean War as popular or discussed as much

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 152
Thread images: 26

File: IMG_4353.jpg (53KB, 550x390px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4353.jpg
53KB, 550x390px
Why isnt the Korean War as popular or discussed as much as WWII or Vietnam?
>>
File: ranger.png (643KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
ranger.png
643KB, 1024x576px
>>33041748
We didn't have so many hippies and pacifists protesting the Korean War, so we were able to actually win the war and it didn't turn into a meme about how war is terrible like Vietnam did.
>>
>>33041911
>What is MASH
>>
>>33041911
>We didn't have so many hippies and pacifists protesting the Korean War, so we were able to actually win the war

>implying we won that war
>implying we are not technically still at war with NK
>>
Korea had half the casualties of vietnam and not even close to what we and the allies lost in WWII
>>
>>33041921
fuck i love that show
>>
>>33041921
M*A*S*H was just a critique of Vietnam cosplaying as a show about the Korean War.
>>
>>33041748
Korea had less casualties than WWII, wasn't as controversial as Vietnam, and didn't last as long as either. We were still riding the coattails of patriotism after beating the Nazis. Another war, especially against evil commies, was supported.

>>33041921
MASH was a commentary on Vietnam, but actually setting it in Nam would've been to controversial and could've affected ratings.
>>
>>33041748
Dice should have made a battlefield about the korean war instead of the politically correct shit show battlefield 1 was.
>>
I N C H O N
N
C
H
O
N
>>
>>33041921
SUICIDE IS PAINLESS
IT BRINGS ON MANY CHANGES
AND I CAN TAKE OR LEAVE IT IF I PLEASE
>>
>>33041911
>implying Truman didn't leave office with a lower approval rating than Johnson did
>>
It's called the Forgotten War for a reason.
>>
>>33041911
>won
>North Korea still exists
>borders were back to where it started, at the 38th parallel
>South Korea still at war
>won
>>
About damn time /k/ started to notice this.

We haven't had a modern American film about Korea in....how many decades? 3? 4?

Shameful display! Are Korean War Vets less worthy of honor?
>>
>>33042580
They had sub par equipment, training, and were freezing to death while being overrun.

Those guys didn't get enough credit.
>>
>>33042639

Not to mention the casualty count was huge for a "police action".

Screw modern china's butthurt feelings, I want Korean War movies now. We must make amends.
>>
>>33041921
A show made long after the conflict had ended, in an attempt to criticize Vietnam.
>>
File: ridgway.jpg (580KB, 742x1024px) Image search: [Google]
ridgway.jpg
580KB, 742x1024px
>>33041748

Something no one has mentioned; It was the first big action fought by the UN so it was heavily propagandized to exaggerate the roles played by other nations, most famously the Turkish Brigade, which diminished those played by the permanent security council members. As a result, the history of it is muddled and often editorialized.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turkish_Brigade#Clay_Blair.27s_criticism

Also the legacy of Douglas MacArthur takes a significant hit, at a time when we didn't necessarily want to diminish our reputation in Asia. The downside here being that Ridgway is often overlooked when almost all Korean War vets believe him to be one of the greatest military leaders America has ever produced.
>>
>>33042639
Word. I still hate the snow because of my grandfather's stories.
>>
>>33042580

Chinese made one last year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaRAt7gAwW4
>>
>>33045772
What a pile of communist shit.
>>
>>33041748
Because vietnamemes are way fresher

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBciqFwCToY
>>
>>33041748
Because South Korea was baddie in that time. While commies won all elections, SK was straight up dictatorship with purges, political prisoners and Japs going around killing people for fun.
>>
>>33042580
Watched a brutal documentary on it a few months back. Focused on the crossing of a gorge.

I can't for the life of me remember the name, but I imagine another anon probably knows the one I'm talking about. It's definitely worth a watch if anyone can turn it up.

It does a better job of depicting hardship than most do. That shit was really incredible.
>>
>>33042530
>>33041935
The UN objective was to liberate South Korea. Trying to conquer North Korea was just a bonus objective. Saying we lost Korea would be like saying we lost WW1 because Wilson failed to get his 14 points implemented.
>>
>>33045974
Update: I THINK this is it.

Watched it in an Arizona hotel room with my father. We didn't come for those feels but damn we were rapt

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/americanexperience/films/chosin/
>>
>>33045950
>Because South Korea was baddie in that time. While commies won all elections

*50 cents deposited into your account
>>
>>33046012
And why wouldn't they won election after what happened in 1945, bro? Communism was on peak of popularity. Commies won elections in god damned France in same time.
In North there was Kim Il-sung, who actually FOUGHT for Korea and was a real war hero. In South you had administration left from Japanese occupation led by American puppet Syngman Rhee. He was so bad, that Americans wanted to kill him at some point.
>>
>>33046009
Watched this with my dad too, might've been on Netflix.

didn't know what we were getting into, but its easily the best documentary on the Korean war in my books.

>"It don't hurt any more, sir."
>>
>>33046081
Father and I are both history buffs, but we were having drinks and just looking for some lulz before bed. That night took a fucking turn. I don't regret it though.
>>
>>33041748
>WW2
Took 5 years to win
Killed ~50 millions people
Shaped the whole geopolotics of the next 50 years
The front spawn nearly all the planet

>Vietnam
Stretched for decades
Massive pacifist protest

>Korean War
Lasted barely a few months
Very narrow front
NK zerg rushed SK
UN bombed to hell NK
Chinese zerg rushed UN
Peace
>>
>>33041748
It was a boring, pointless war. Also it was a shitshow from start to finish. The only people who cared are those who fought in it.
>>
File: e08.png (366KB, 600x660px) Image search: [Google]
e08.png
366KB, 600x660px
>>33041748
Because it was appropriated by the fuckers at the U.N. Look at the coffins of guys who died in that war.
>>
>>33046211
>lasted barely a few months
It was a 3 year war anon
>>
Dunno. Here, listen to this talk about the guy who saved the day at Chosin. It's a satisfying hour long lecture.

https://youtu.be/sJhjEoxxj1s
>>
>>33046211

>lasted a few months

If the Koran War lasted a few months than the 100 Years War lasted a few decades.
>>
I liked Pork Chop Hill.

The Korean war was indeed special in that it was the first UN war. And it was the first war against the commies. And the first UN forces to arrive were overrun, with great losses on both sides. In the end, all that was achieved was to push the enemy out of the areas they had attacked.
>>
>>33041992
hawkeye is the best.
true master of wit
>>
File: 65464.jpg (80KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
65464.jpg
80KB, 1920x1080px
Gooks don't want to show the world how fucking pathetic and poor they were back then

Even Philippines didn't turn that shit
>>
Well probably mostly because its a fucking embarassment

Communist US government hands North Korea to communism without asking them
Fast forward a decade, tell the North Koreans that you won't defend the South, they invade, almost win

Then you get ambushed by millions of chinks while the communist US government refuses to bomb chink infrastructure

And so now decades onwards there is still a communist North Korea living in squalor

Really goes to show the communist inclinations of the western governments, never once did they ever attack the commies
>>
>>33046044
You have a good point in terms of SK being the bad guys but this was the overriding reason why South Korea held out. South Korea could have collapsed on it's own with some subversion and a little push. North Korea didn't need to launch a full invasion and this gave Rhee the excuse he needed to purge anyone that looked at him wrong plus the worlds support. Kim Sung screwed up. Ho Chi Minh studied this mistake before they launched their own war in South Vietnam.
>>
>>33041748
It doesn't play well on a screen. We supported a dictator against another dictator, pushed the commies back but didn't finish the job. South Korea turned from a hermit kingdom into an economic powerhouse, had a revolt and got a democratic government.
>>
We need a AAA game about Korea.
>>
>>33045982

But everyone lost in ww1.
>>
>>33046211
God damn, this guy should be a professor of history.
>>
Can someone recommend a good book with an overview of the conflict? I've read multiple histories on WW2 and Vietnam at this point, but not much on Korea.
>>
because we won it
>>
>>33049882
"This Kind of War" is generally considered the golden standard for Korean War history. Gets really gritty.
>>
File: jro.png (157KB, 569x390px) Image search: [Google]
jro.png
157KB, 569x390px
>>33041748
>Why isnt the Korean War as popular or discussed as much as WWII or Vietnam?

the korean war is called the unknown war for more than a few reasons. most americans want to forget this ever happened.
less than 5 years after the greatest military power the world has ever seen, the american military was just a shadow of its former self.
all the branches(with the exception of the newly born air force) were totally gutted and most equipment surplussed off. we had our attention focused on the soviet union and made the mistake of letting it be known that korea was out of our field of influence.
also during this time the nuremberg trials had happened and with all the legal ramifications that brought to the fore.
notice how we went from fighting wars to police actions and america has had its hands tied ever since.
>>
>>33045772
>those Pershings fucking shit up after being ambushed
At least they didn't try to hide the fact that they lost 10 guys for every American they killed.
>>
File: yiul.png (208KB, 532x326px) Image search: [Google]
yiul.png
208KB, 532x326px
>>
File: hg.png (277KB, 534x410px) Image search: [Google]
hg.png
277KB, 534x410px
>>
File: er.png (338KB, 514x642px) Image search: [Google]
er.png
338KB, 514x642px
two chinese walk into a BAR
>>
>>33041748
Because no decisive victory.
>>
>>33042580
The Bridges at Toki-Ri, 1976, is the only one that I can think of. Like you said - 40yrs
>>
File: marines in korea.jpg (52KB, 305x450px) Image search: [Google]
marines in korea.jpg
52KB, 305x450px
>>33042639
They should make a movie about Marines "losing" at the Chosin Reservoir.

Thing s got medieval there
>>
>>33041748
Because it wasn't nearly as all encompassing to American life as WWII was and didn't involve the Baby Boomers or Millennials who dominate our culture.
>>
>>33041748

It was overshadowed by more perilous events before and after it. World war 2 from before and shit like the Cuban missile crisis and Vietnam after. Those had wide ranging changes to the world while the Korean war was more akin to a draw to the publics eye even if it had massive implications on the UN, USA, USSR, China, and asia as a whole.

It's also fairly relative. to Europe and the USA it's forgotten but to both koreas they are stuck around that war.
>>
File: 1481328910048.jpg (15KB, 500x378px) Image search: [Google]
1481328910048.jpg
15KB, 500x378px
>>33047715

There was a Battlefield game on WW1. Prepare for another weird setting.
>>
>>33041748
Korean war was lame, that's why there's no interest.
South korea were helpless evil douchebags having U.S. do 99% of the actual work, north korea were helpless evil douchebags having China do 99% of the actual work because norks are even more subhuman than chinks.

The "battles" were largely waiting for the military to not be around then zerg rush a location and temporarily capture it.

United States literally captured the state capital of Pyong-yang and had units all the way to the very top of korea touching the Chinese border river.

China counter-invades and U.N. can't stop them since they're right next to a billion chinks.

The korean war isn't at all satisfying, because it's US vs. China with US not allowed to actually use its weapons to go bomb china into the stone age.
That's the one and only situation where the number of shitty chink infantry is unstoppable.

Had we hit chink infrastructure like we did to Germany, that population size would've just meant Chinese starving and breaking out into civil wars, becoming another Africa.

Instead, we left their manufacturing untouched and played in some fucking grass-village in an unimportant country with no profit to be made.
>>
>>33052111
oh, and it's funny, they edited the wiki article to say that Norks capital was "briefly occupied", when it was in enemy hands for 49 days.

Imagine the laughs if Berlin had been ruled by Americans for 49 days without the war being over.

Korea is a fucking joke.
>>
>>33052111
>South korea were helpless evil douchebags having U.S. do 99% of the actual work, north korea were helpless evil douchebags having China do 99% of the actual work because norks are even more subhuman than chinks.

It's called a proxy war that turned ugly.
>>
>>33041748
my dad talked about his time there only twice. it sucked balls
>>
>>33052077
Battlefield One was about some alternate universe steampunk WWI.
Which is perfectly fine
>>
>>33044163
I hear only good things about Ridgway except being a general with a grenade on his chest. It's like he expected to use it
>>
>the US never got to BTFO the arrogant Chinese

Truly a shame
>>
>>33045950
>and Japs going around killing people for fun
It was Koreans going around killing and robbing evacuating Japs
>>
File: 9780786888627_p0_v1_s192x300.jpg (20KB, 192x275px) Image search: [Google]
9780786888627_p0_v1_s192x300.jpg
20KB, 192x275px
>>33052111

>Korean War was lame

Read "The Coldest Winter".
>>
>>33052517
They left the French out as dlc
>>
>>33051616
Not an American movie but there's a Korean movie called "Taegukgi," that's pretty good.

I was stationed in Korea in 2005 and watched it while hiding out downtown street curfew. They had these little shops with a big tv and couches and shit you could rent and lounge with friends. I had no idea what it was and the chick working in this little place turned it on.
>>
>>33041748
Uncle was a combat medic. Didn't speak one word of it
>>
>>33041748

Because Nazis are interesting. Nobody cares about Korea.
>>
>>33053401
They killed a bunch that went over in human waves.

Surprising how well it worked actually.
>>
>>33041748
Only one of those was a war.
>>
test
>>
>>33041748
Because it was kind of lame
Vietnam minus the napalm and helicopters
>>
>>33056449
>extensive use of flamethrowers
>first helicopter medivac
Kill yourself you worthless retarded fucking tool.
>>
>>33041911
Why can't 'Nam supporters accept responsibility for anything? They can't accept that they lost and when they do they blame in on >muh hippies

It was a stupid war, fought for stupid reasons and was all in all just a massive waste of taxpayer dollars and human life.
>>
>>33056449
Except there was both you fucking idiot.
>>
>>33056449
They used napalm and helicopters extensively in Korea you mongoloid.
>>
Also,
> lotta WWII vets served in Korea.
> lotta Korea vets served in Vietnam.
>>
File: fortunate.jpg (91KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
fortunate.jpg
91KB, 1024x576px
>>33056480
Who said I was a 'Nam supporter? There's a difference between supporting a war, and acknowledging the reasons that you lost that war.
>>
>>33042530
The UN objective was to free south korea.

Pre-war borders is a victory
>>
File: sdgghhh.jpg (47KB, 600x320px) Image search: [Google]
sdgghhh.jpg
47KB, 600x320px
Korean War was an odd conflict. The most common weapon used by Chinese forces after the PPsh were Japanese Arisaka Type 38's that the Soviets took during Operation August Storm. PLA received nearly 1.2 million Arisaka's 1945-1946.
>>
>>33057376
tell us more
>>
>>33045974
probably the Chosin Reservoir

US soldiers freezing to death trying to hold a meaningless outpost from chinese hordes. One of the most BTFO "battles" the US ever fought.
>>
>>33052111
>Had we hit chink infrastructure like we did to Germany, that population size would've just meant Chinese starving and breaking out into civil wars, becoming another Africa

You think we could have done worse than they did to themselves with Communism?
>>
>>33041911
Anon...
>>
>>33052111
The south Korean army lost millions compared to the Americans
>>
>>33053346
>I hear only good things about Ridgway except being a general with a grenade on his chest. It's like he expected to use it

He wouldn't have been the first US General in that war to kill Norks with a grenade.
>>
File: tanktakesadrink.jpg (156KB, 950x1236px) Image search: [Google]
tanktakesadrink.jpg
156KB, 950x1236px
It was a localised conflict that occurred in a period where World War II still casted a long shadow.

It was uncompromising in it's brutality that's for sure, as you would expect from an exceptionally political war. It was basically the worst aspects of the Eastern Front mixed with worst aspects of the Pacific War.
>>
File: front line poster.jpg (250KB, 1396x1000px) Image search: [Google]
front line poster.jpg
250KB, 1396x1000px
>>33041748
South Koreans made a couple of movies about it
Watch The Front Line if you interested its bretty gud
>>
>>33050156
'Greatest millitary power the world has ever seen'

Where do ameriboos get this? Sure the US is powerful but their not that far above anyone else.
>>
>>33057354
>those planes
>that tank
>everything else

what did they mean by this?

Also, does anyone have a good pic dump of the Korean war?
>>
You don't hear about the Korean War because jews have no way to propagandize it.

World War 2 had the six million chosen and the evils of nationalism being firebombed out of existence.

Vietnam had the waves of 'counterculture' association, drug use, race issues, etc. This is why every vietnam movie is like some kind of stupid fucking fairy tail where people call each other "animal mother" and wear thirty peace sign buttons like they're japanese high school girls.

Korea was just a little test bed for their hilarious proto-globalist pretend army and the US stamping out gommunism at a time where they'd still be lynched in small town USA if they tried to spin it like the communists were victims.
>>
>>33057501
The USA was very involved in helping the communists in the Chinese Civil War
>>
>>33041748
Because it has ended with an unequivocal defeat and no one wants to remember that, let alone a superpower.
>>
>>33057603
Higher military budget than the next eleven countries combined and the ability to have bases in almost every country in the world. The US navy has more carriers than the rest of the world combined. Make no mistake, the US army is literally the most powerful ever to exist on the planet. That doesn't mean they're as good as they could be, but that's another issue
>>
>>33045772
Less than 2min in and there is already a qt unit

the chinks know whats up

truly a world superpower
>>
File: laughingchaos.jpg (124KB, 900x563px) Image search: [Google]
laughingchaos.jpg
124KB, 900x563px
>>33045772
"People's Volunteer Army"

Holy fuck, my sides
>>
>>33044163
Why is he dressed like a soviet commissar?
>>33045982
>conquer North Korea was just a bonus objective
At which you failed miserably even if you had the entire support of all the western world and occupied Japan

But what i really enjoy in this war is that it has made US fund it's own economical annihilation.
>>
>>33053467
started reading this last night.
>>
>>33057603
well who would be your pick then????
>>
>>33057593
yes i saw this, and even though it was pretty good, and i'm more knowledgeable about the korean war than most (that's not saying much). i still was confused by much of the movie.
>>
>>33052111
What chink infrastructure you shart-in-mart? They had nothing then, all was supplied by URSS and a hit on them would have menat a nuclear war that you had no chance of winning.
Why do you think they sent McArthur to the loony bin?
>>
File: frhyj.jpg (590KB, 2048x1483px) Image search: [Google]
frhyj.jpg
590KB, 2048x1483px
>>33050156
>also during this time the nuremberg trials had happened and with all the legal ramifications that brought to the fore
>>
>>33057865
they are as good as you can make ignorant angsty teenagers fight for honor. but if there was total war we'd git gud pretty fucking fast too though.
>>
>>33057904
>occupied Japan

No. The JSDF did not commit to the Korean War

>you had the entire support of all the western world

No. West Germany did not commit to the War, the US did not use it's atomic arsenal that could have easily vaporized the Chinese military, as well as the US Air Force not committing it's strategic bombers.

The Korean war was won in that ROK is still a sovereign nation as was it's stated objective of the war. Flash forward to today the West was right for it's actions as the ROK is a model nation while the DPRK is a dump and a waste.
>>
Korean here.

Want thank America and war is not forgot here, I can go store and buy food with money I make at job and not have painting of crazy fat man in every room.
>>
>>33058005
Also if America ever need help I come help even if my country will not.

America best, thank you for freedom.
>>
>>33044163
Wow Anthony Hopkins is looking great.
>>
>>33041911
>win the war
>got pushed away by chinks
>had not the balls to nuke ching chongs
I dont know mate
>>
File: [FF]NenEmpress.png (272KB, 414x504px) Image search: [Google]
[FF]NenEmpress.png
272KB, 414x504px
>>33058007
Thank you for DFO
>>
>>33058005
>>33058007

ROK has a great group of people living in it. Koreans are the definition of an ally to the United States.
>>
>>33057984
>The JSDF did not commit to the Korean War
>West Germany did not commit to the War
You do know that there more ways of supporting a war than sending soldiers, right?

>the US did not use it's atomic arsenal that could have easily vaporized the Chinese military
and that would have started a nuclear war with USSR which would have ended with the complete annihilation of USA - remember what happened to McArthur when he tried to start this nuclear war?

>US Air Force not committing it's strategic bombers.
You really believe that we are all uneducated shart-in-marters like you, that we can't read the historical documents your government has published on the war? Don't you know that the only strategic bombers allowed to fly there were the B-47's and that because the rest were deemed as nothing more than target practice with no chances of surviving even a single mission?
>>
>>33058015
>stop North Korea
>Preserve the Republic of Korea
>commie on /k/ thinks this equals a loss

Delete yourself
>>
>>33058031
The USSR didn't have atomic weapons in 1950 you idiot also Japan's support wasn't game changing in 1950 as it amounted to non military supplies such as food and clothing.
>>
>>33041911
How the fuck did you win the war if North Korear is still here?
What the fuck are you even talking about
>>
File: Chinese Relief Soldiers Korea.jpg (90KB, 500x782px) Image search: [Google]
Chinese Relief Soldiers Korea.jpg
90KB, 500x782px
>>33041748
It was an embarassment.

Vietnam happily turned out to be a bigger one.

That said in China, it was a big fucking deal in the PRC's historical narrative because for the first time in recent history, westerners retreated in the face of a Chinky Army. No matter how many of them died.
>>
>>33041963
>Vietnam: 55k US dead, 15 year long war

>Korea: 36k US dead, 3.5 year long war

Per year there were a fuck ton more American lives lost in Korea.
>>
>>33058041
>The USSR didn't have atomic weapons in 1950
>food and clothing don't count as military supplies, neither does repair and manufacturing of damaged military equipment and resupply bases
You're either a good troll or the biggest cretin, i really can't decide.
>>
>>33058007
>>33058005

Korea is bretty gud.

Thank for pretty ladies.
>>
>>33058058
>It was an embarassment.

Not really. UN forces were gaining ground at the end of the war.
>>
>>33041911
>we were able to actually win the war

What is North Korea?
>>
>>33046009
American Experience truly is one of the most underappreciated programs of the modern era.
>>
File: 1485512953920.jpg (22KB, 484x484px) Image search: [Google]
1485512953920.jpg
22KB, 484x484px
>a stalemate is a victory
Fucking 'Muricans, I swear.
>>
>>33058112
Actually they were starting to lose ground again thru sheer attrition - the chinese were drowning them in bodies.
>>
>>33058074
>the USSR had atomic weapons in 1950

You might want look that up bud
>>
>>33052077
>france as DLC

Still mad about it
>>
>>33058136
Well, otherwise their only victories would be Panama and Granada, not a very high score for a superpower.
>>33058151
Yes, you should look that up, it will stop you in the future from looking like a shart-in-marter.
>>
>>33053526

Speaking of Korean movies about the war, The Front Line is also a good watch.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Front_Line_(2011_film)
>>
>>33058150
Objectively false. One only needs to look at the furthest extent of Chinese forces that was reached in '51 and see that fighting had pushed back up into North Korea proper by the time of the armistice with the retaking of Seoul and and fighting around Panmunjom.
>>
>>33058176
>shart-in-marter

That's so fucking stupid but it made me laugh
>>
>>33044163

I have that coat. Its GI sateen and a bit heavy compared to other coats of the same kind.

Dad was in Korea. Came in through Inchon. He told me that he could smell the country from the ship. First building he saw was the blown up movie theater on the top of the hill with a marquis - people were on the marquis but he didn't pay attention to the detail of the marquis. Dads in his mid 80's now. He has photos.

Will post next week. I need to convert them to e format.
You will see asthetic...
>>
>>33058151
you....you do know that they had nukes since 1949, right?
>>
>>33058136
Bait harder, commie.
>>
>>33057950
it really dosen't matter if that hill really existed or it truly changed owner day by day, it just shows how pointless it was.
People dying for a hill that dosen't really have strategic purpose or any revelancy in peace time.
>>
File: 1487282793619.jpg (23KB, 336x330px) Image search: [Google]
1487282793619.jpg
23KB, 336x330px
>>33057904
This was the US invading a country across the world, whereas China only had to go next door.

It's the equivalent of the China invading Mexico, and the US being right there to defend it.
>>
>>33057932
In 1950? Soviet Union. Even if their nuclear program and their navy weren't exceptional at the time.
>>
>>33056480
Yeah but look how many dank memes came of it. You can call it a loss if you want, though.
>>
>>33058031
>and that would have started a nuclear war with USSR

Hardly.

>which would have ended with the complete annihilation of USA

The USSR had neither the warheads or delivery methods available in the '51-'53 timeframe to realistically strike at CONUS whereas the US did. How are you this ignorant of history?

> Don't you know that the only strategic bombers allowed to fly there were the B-47's and that because the rest were deemed as nothing more than target practice with no chances of surviving even a single mission?

Where do you get this nonsense? The B-36 flew recon, old B-29s flew more than 20,000 sorties and North Korea's strategic and logistic targets were destroyed within the first year of fighting.
>>
>>33059367
>In 1950?
the original reference was for 1945 BEFORE america systematically dismantled its military at the end of hostility's.
so like the original said
>the greatest military power the world has ever seen.
still applies.

in 1945 russia had been bled dry and was picking up troops ANYWHERE they could find them with many asians under arms.
america's 12 million plus military was just hitting full stride with the industrial complex to fully support it at that time.
>>
>>33042094
>Incheon
>>
>>33042084

WE WUZ GERMANS EN SHIET
>>
>>33052517
No its not it was a god awful attempt at a realistic yet exciting ww1 fps.
>>
>>33057624
Go back to /pol/
>>
you can thank the korean war for the lack of certain types of WW2 equipment being available today.

mothballed...emergency reacquisition...supercedure..elimination.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170220-122052.png (3MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170220-122052.png
3MB, 2560x1440px
>>33045772
That was actually a really good movie.
>>
File: A-hill-in-korea-500x554.jpg (75KB, 500x554px) Image search: [Google]
A-hill-in-korea-500x554.jpg
75KB, 500x554px
one of Michael Caine's first movies
>>
>>33041748
Because America wasnt as full of hippies or even bored with war. Most of the guys fighting were hard ass ww2 vets who didnt give a fuck
>>
>>33046918
The Koran war has been going on for 1500 years, anon
Thread posts: 152
Thread images: 26

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.