[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

O/K/ here me out. A submarine is unable to defend itself against

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

O/K/ here me out. A submarine is unable to defend itself against anything but a ship while submerged. So why do we not have torpedoes capable of housing a team of seals? In fleet actions they could deploy an entire seal company below the enemy fleet armed with explosive charges
>>
>>33041255
something something depth, something something pressure
>>
they already do

http://foxtrotalpha.jalopnik.com/is-this-semi-autonomous-mini-submarine-the-seals-next-s-1720675827
>>
>>33041255
Somebody played too much MW3
>>
>>33041297
> if something like it happened in a vg it don't real
fuck how can I recover from that...
>>
Torpedo tube dimensions kind of limit that.

Midget submarines to attack ships in port behind torpedo defences were used successfully in WW2, and special forces deployed from submarines with powered mobility are used by the USA and probably other major powers.

If you can get a torpedo up to the enemy fleet, you might as well fill it with explosives, cheaper and more effective than sending a heavily trained guy on a suicide mission.
>>
>>33041331
if we can send tiny torpedos with seals why not send, you know a fucking submarine
also see >>33041280
>>
File: 1433256724486.jpg (75KB, 300x220px) Image search: [Google]
1433256724486.jpg
75KB, 300x220px
Okay retard. Find a SEAL who can swim at 30kn at a depth of 800 feet.

I'm not even going to go into other reasons why that is beyond retarded. Please just leave. I'm having a bad day and I can't deal with any more teenagers right now.

And before you try saying "hurr they don't swim they'd be in the torpedo" please realize the stupidity of what you're saying. You would need a "torpedo" capable of going like 40-60kn, and getting close enough to the target for an explosive charge to be planted.

That almost sounds... kinda like... a torpedo..........
>>
File: 1487243020975.png (87KB, 274x278px) Image search: [Google]
1487243020975.png
87KB, 274x278px
>>33041255

>A submarine is unable to defend itself against anything but a ship while submerged.
>>
>>33041548
> quoting a fact with an angered animeme
>>
>>33041675
They carry Tomahawks too ya know
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.