[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So what's /k/'s opinion on the Leatherman Surge multitool?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: big-surge-2013-fanned.jpg (48KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
big-surge-2013-fanned.jpg
48KB, 800x800px
So what's /k/'s opinion on the Leatherman Surge multitool?

Is it worth the $100+ price?
>>
yes, its huge though
>>
File: 4e56457567.jpg (17KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
4e56457567.jpg
17KB, 450x450px
>>33031437
Fuck it, I'll get it next payday.
That way I can get the bits and the bit driver with it.
>>
I have the old version, it's pretty good but if you intend to carry it around on you get the wave
>>
>>33031143
Ive had one of these for several years, a Swisstool victorinox. Apparently its about $100-$150 for the newest fanciest ones. but this one has done me very well. Ive had two other cheapo, big5 discount multi tools in my life. Both of the cheap ones have either rusted out easily or have fallen apart.
I can tell you, from my experience, the pricetag from a good brand is worth it. And everyone who i've spoken to who has a leatherman seems to like it.
>>
File: 20160920_153454-1200x1201.jpg (446KB, 1200x1201px) Image search: [Google]
20160920_153454-1200x1201.jpg
446KB, 1200x1201px
>>33031143
Absolutely. I've carried mine for 7 years now.
>>
i have a leatherman charge which seems to be very similar. its been a great tool
>>
the original was better
>>
I don't understand big bulky multitools like that

You will never need to ever use that many tools, let alone often enough to necessitate a multitool that big. If you do, you already have the separate tools that work a lot better than sheet stamped shit.

All you should look for in a multitool is
>non serrated blade around 3" long
>maybe a second non serrated blade like 1" for boxes or shit under your finger nails
>needle nose pliers
>one dedicated philips bit
>one dedicated flat head bit
>bottle opener

If you think you want anything else you either need actual tools or you really want to cosplay secretly and spill your spaghetti trying to find situations to pull out your 15 ounce multitool from your 48x30 kohls jeans and show off
>>
>>33031455
>>33031487
I have both, get the victorinox.
>>
>>33031143
It's not bad, but it's overpriced for what you get. I advise picking up a used Super Tool. It's the best piece of kit they've ever made, though they refuse to service it anymore, despite the 'lifetime warranty'.
>>
Get a Leatherman Wave.
The surge is just bigger, and in my opinion, not as good.
>>
>>33033884
I'm a mechanic, I need most of them. Your opinions seem like pure projection. Go away.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.