[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/nogunz/ here. I'm looking for an inexpensive handgun to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

File: josey-wales.jpg (37KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
josey-wales.jpg
37KB, 480x360px
/nogunz/ here. I'm looking for an inexpensive handgun to carry. I'm in Georgia so don't care if it's concealed or open (unless there's a big difference). I was looking at a Glock 17 but I hear some people say Glocks are meme guns. Also, should I attend classes/training courses or just get my practice by visiting the range often?
>>
>>33029445
Fuck off and read the sticky. Come back when you have the most basic understanding of firearms
>>
>>33029445
Just buy a glock for 109$ with ammo.
>>
A glock 17 is too large to carry concealed in most clothing and for most people who aren't the size of Shaq

You also need a CC permit in Georgia to conceal carry

You should do both. Take classes and train on your own
>>
>>33029445
Don't buy inexpensive, costs you more to buy a better one after it explodes or fucks itself in some way.
Get an XDm in 9mm, shortest barrel and full sized grip.
19 round magazine, good safeties for a beginner, cheap-ish ammo, easy to conceal, and solid accuracy
>>
S&W 442 no lock.

Put in pocket when it's 98° and 98% and you are wearing shorts and a t-shirt. Put in jacket pocket in winter.

Then save money and buy bigger gun for fun at range and to satisfy your fantasy of carrying a full size, blocky, double-stack, cocked-and-unlocked pistol on your heavy leather belt.

Get training if you can. Don't shoot you leg off, or anyone else's.

Don't be an OC fag and scare people unnecessarily.
>>
>>33029869
>>^This.

. . . although I personally prefer the 637.

Also, OC fags, aside from scaring the straights, are generally advertising "hey, I got a gun, shoot me first" or "hey, I got a gun, take it from me and kill me with my own weapon," IMO.
>>
>>33029820
Do this one
>>
>>33029445
Just get the glock. There's a reason they're so popular. They set the standard for reliability, have a decent mag capacity, and endless aftermarket options.
>>
>>33032315
>beginner
>hey get a gun with no real safeties!
Nice dude, just get an XDm like others have said.
>inb4 safeties are bad/will get you killed/won't teach you trigger discipline
Literally just practice and none of those are a problem. Carry without the safeties on it if you want, fuck.
>>
>>33029445
Order a surplus 92S and be done with it. On sale for $250. I bought 3 they are so fucking. Go on J&G sales
>>
File: 1430033243076.jpg (963KB, 1405x2227px) Image search: [Google]
1430033243076.jpg
963KB, 1405x2227px
>>33032315
>reliability
>>
>>33032369
>All hot loaded when it's a well known fact glocks hate hot loaded rounds.
>>
File: fde glock 26.jpg (27KB, 520x390px) Image search: [Google]
fde glock 26.jpg
27KB, 520x390px
>>33029445
Glock 19 or Glock 26 is your best bet. Glock is the king of handguns and will probably be forever.
>>
>>33029445
Check this one out, OP
>>33032362
These are very nice for the price. Possible issues with dirt getting in cause that fuck huge slide opening and you need to be particular when you buy extra mags to make sure they'll fit, but great guns otherwise.
>>
File: 1486470903038.jpg (49KB, 520x387px) Image search: [Google]
1486470903038.jpg
49KB, 520x387px
>>33029445
You're not going to like this answer, but you should get a 22 pistol to shoot for a while and get familiar with guns in general before looking for a daily carry
>>
>>33032393
>king of handguns
LMAO
>>
>>33032369
A glock in 9mm will work fine, but yes they have had fuckups with other calibers
>>
>>33032401
Literally at $250, you could buy 3. Break them and still not feel bad about it
>>
>>33029445
Ruger 9e
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.