[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi /k/. I've decided to buy a gun tomorrow, for home invasions

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

Hi /k/. I've decided to buy a gun tomorrow, for home invasions and defense reasons. I'm not sure what I want yet (maybe a shotgun), but I want it to be lethal against 2017 people, so none of those weird and outdated old guns they invented decades ago. What's a good modern gun?
>>
I was unaware scientists had invented a generation of superbabies that are nigh invulnerable to full sized cartridges.
>>
>>33029096
The mortality rate from a typical gunshot wound is only 18% I read. Those 1911 guns just aren't as effective these days, I guess. I imagine guns have made similar progress as planes, cars, and other technology over the last century.
>>
>>33029138
You guessed wrong.
>>
File: is_that_a_weed.png (529KB, 514x696px) Image search: [Google]
is_that_a_weed.png
529KB, 514x696px
>>33029072
>Decided to buy a gun tomorrow
>For home invasions

I'm calling the police.
>>
>>33029169
I just moved to a bad neighborhood. Guess you should read closer. "Home invasion defense reasons".
>>
>>33029185
>I just moved to a bad neighborhood.
So move out of the bad neighborhood and then buy a gun so your gun isn't stolen and used in a crime.
>>
>>33029185
Home invasion AND defense reasons. Two separate thoughts. Misread your own fuckery, you stupid faggot. I recommend a squirt gun so you don't hurt yourself.
>>
>>33029138
Most gunshots are from pistols. Pistols cartridges are smaller than full sized and aren't traveling as fast. Do you want to kill the person or neutralize the threat?

A mag of .308 will kill them, get an SR-25 pattern rifle. I recommend building your own from a MEGA Arms MATEN upper lower combo. It will cost you about 2-3k depending on the exact components you choose. Godspeed.
>>
>>33029072
> buy an AR-15
> buy your optic(s) of choice
> buy two 1k bulk packs of M855
> buy one 20rd box of m855
> use 3 rounds to sight-in your new AR-15
> ???
> profit
>>
>>33029072
>I want it to be lethal against 2017 people
damn son that's a lot of people
sure you don't want to step up your game and use explosives?
>>
>anon buys a gun
>invades a home
>defends invaded home
>>
>>33029330
sounds like the plot of one of my japanese animes
>>
>>33029310
>recommending M855
So you want him to buy ammo that will ice pick through the target?

What a subtle way to tell him to get raped by niggers, anon.
>>
File: 1478061223796.gif (1MB, 480x358px) Image search: [Google]
1478061223796.gif
1MB, 480x358px
>>33029072
compliance
>>
>>33029138
>I imagine guns have made similar progress as planes, cars, and other technology over the last century.

not really

people still use calibers that have been in use for decades and one of the most popular rifle designs today has been in use since the 60s
>>
>>33029362
?
>>
>>33029374

Have there really been any major changes to firearms design aside from a move towards molecularity since the 40's

To the topic, AR-15 works well. If anyone knows of a good carbine in 10mm that would work well too. If you're a poorfag, you can't go wrong with a Maverick 88 or other cheap pump shotgun.
>>
>buy a gun for home invasions

Somebody sell OP a NERF gun or a 9mm or something so he doesn't kill someone.
>>
OP

I have many guns, but my go-to for home invasion right now would be an AK-47. You're going to get an intermediate cartridge, reliable gun, 30 rounds, and it's not going to cost you an arm and a leg.

You can also go with a AR15 (Smith and Wesson M&P15 is a good, cheap one for what you want) which will get you roughly the same everything.
>>
>>33029360
If you use a proper length barrel it will yaw and fragment.
>>
>>33029489
But he wants it for HD, which means he should get a shorter barrel. There's no reason for him to not buy M193.
>>
>>33029072
AR-15
>>33029138
>The mortality rate from a typical gunshot wound is only 18% I read.
That's because most GSW are from handguns, and handguns suck at killing.
>>
>>33029360
> people

if you're shooting niggers, you'll need the extra penetration to get through that thickened brow ridge.
>>
>>33029138
shoot em 6 times then? thats like what 108% mortality rate?
>>
>>33029310
Why M855? probably the least effective .223 round you could use against soft targets. Just use M193 instead. It's cheaper too.
>>
File: 1483849647220.gif (685KB, 500x276px) Image search: [Google]
1483849647220.gif
685KB, 500x276px
>>33029656
I just checked the math. According my calculations it would seem to indicate,...
you're quite a cheeky fellow
>>
>>33029702
source on the .gif?
>>
>>33029138
Good thing nuggets have a 17" bayonet
>>
>>33029072
You can't really go too wrong with a pump shotgun. A Mossberg 500/590/maverick or Remington are all common and will do the trick. Personally, I'd go Mossberg, but that taste.
You could go with a handgun, since thats an option you could carry with you easily if you ever graduate to wanting to be able to defend yourself with a firearm outside of your home. But choosing a handgun is more complicated, youd have to decide on several factors on what would be best for you.
as for thinking a 1911 wont kill someone as dead as something like a Sig p220: 45acp is 45acp, the bullet is what matters more than the tool used to fire it. although maybe you just don't like 1911s because theyre old and what not, which is fine.

You could go the rifle route, in which case any starter AR will do you fine. Learn to use it and eventually youll want to dress it up.

But keep in mind, it doesn't matter if the model is 100 years old or 1 year old, as long as you are comfortable with it and its ergonomics, and it is a caliber that works well and that you can handle fine, then it should do you fine.

but yeah, shotgun.
>>
>>33029750
The Silent City
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.