[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My school's campus is going to be forced to allow concealed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 6

File: blondie.jpg (599KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
blondie.jpg
599KB, 1920x1080px
My school's campus is going to be forced to allow concealed carry this upcoming summer. However, there are certain stipulations attached to it:
"policy requires handguns to be secured in a holster that completely covers the trigger guard area. Handguns with an external hammer must be secured in an un-cocked position through the use of a strap or others means. The safety must be on. Semiautomatic handguns must be carried without a chambered round of ammunition. Revolvers must be carried with the hammer resting on an empty cylinder."

Normally I carry a semi-auto, but according to these rules, would I be better off carrying a revolver, so I can fire immediately upon draw without having to chamber a round? I've only ever dealt with semiauto handguns and originally only planned on getting a revolver sometime down the road as a range toy? What should I be looking for when shopping for one meant for serious self-defense? Does /k/ have any recommendations? I'm leaning towards one chambered in .357, so I can share ammo with my levergun, and one that is not a snubbie, and for where I live, buying used is generally a bad idea. My budget is $1000 for the gun itself, not including holster, night sights, ammo, taxes, FFL fee, shipping, etc.
>>
>>33028196
Just go with semiauto. It really isnt that big of a deal to pull the slide right after taking it out. Id rather 10 in the mag and have to rack the slide than 5 in the cylinders
>>
>>33028196
In the event of a rampage shooter your first step should be to get to the ground as quickly as fucking possible and human shield the moslem girl in your class while you THEN draw your pistol.
>>
>>33028196
Jesus what state is this
>>
>>33028236
I was planning on keeping my semiauto in an exterior pocket in my backpack as a NY reload/lots of ammo backup if I have time to access it if need be.
>>
>>33028196
>Semiautomatic handguns must be carried without a chambered round of ammunition. Revolvers must be carried with the hammer resting on an empty cylinder."
this is some bullshit that nobody will follow and campus security are too retarded to understand/check
>>
>>33028258
/K/ansas. I got to KU, which is the mecca for all liberal cucks who live here.
>>
>>33028196
just cock your fucking gun. youre not going to be in a quick draw showdown, and i hope you dont try to put yourself in a quickdraw situation, because your ass is going to get holed like whole milk
>>
>>33028289
I'm not risking that. I take a lot of night classes and usually walk through most of campus to get to them, which means I get stopped and questioned by security about once a month. If I'm breaking that rule, I'm certain they'll expel me and that means I'll have wasted 3years and $40K on tuition. I'm under no qualms that I'd most likely lose and avoid any situation involving guns, but I want to give myself any advantage I can.
>>
>>33028196

I believe your best option -- in terms of quickly deploying your weapon -- would be to get a revolver with a shrouded hammer. You can then carry it in a regular pocket holster, no strap, while being ready to fire simply by drawing the gun and pulling the trigger.

I know a 5 or 6 shot revolver with no single action mode and one empty chamber isn't ideal, but it is your best option under these stupid rules.
>>
>>33028196
>DA pistol with safety on
that's fucking retarded.
>>
>>33028196

Who the fuck is going to check? Are the campus police going to magically know you're carrying and stop you and demand you hand over your weapon so they can check its condition?

Carry however the fuck you want to.
>>
>>33028196

Just carry with one in the chamber with a striker fire anyway. No one's going to fucking know. If you do have to use your handgun there's going to be bigger issues than if you had one in the pipe or not.

These rules are fucking retarded.
>>
>>33028196

what about a revolver with a bobbed or encased hammer?

shouldnt have to follow the strap rule.
>>
>>33028288
Jesus, I'm going there next semester after community college. Are things really that bad?
>>
>>33028196
By a break action revolver and carry it open.
>>
>>33028196
>would I be better off carrying a revolver,
No you wouldn't, that's a stupid and pointless rule to have it on an empty chamber since most revolvers have a transfer bar which comes up and BLOCKS the firing pin. So even if the hammer came back slightly and fell it would hit the bar blocking the firing pin.
Honestly I'd consider changing colleges since they have no technical knowledge about firearms. If anyone finds out you actually have one they'll probably try to make an example out of you with persecution.

A revolver will be heavy, and bulky, on top of losing a round with a limited starting capacity. Terrible idea otherwise.
>>
>>33028196
You want to carry a revolver for conceal carry but not a snubby? For fucks sake why not? Normally I'd say get a LCR/LCR .357 or a S&W 442/642 because; A) short and concealable B) Most conceal carry revolvers you'd want something hammer-less for pocket carry and to avoid snagging the hammer, hence a snub-nosed revolver.

You could try something like a SP-101 but now you're back to the "hammer resting on an empty cylinder" thing. Honestly, I would get an LCR .357 and enjoy my purchase. My .38 LCR is light, perfect for pocket carry, and shots surprisingly well.
>>
File: SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED.jpg (136KB, 500x633px) Image search: [Google]
SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED.jpg
136KB, 500x633px
>>33028288
Indeed. Pretty much every professor has mentioned it in my classes, as if it will make the campus any less safer. Campus is right in the middle of the city, how does having signs saying DON'T BRING IN GUNS make the place safer? And they don't even consider the second amendment when talking about it usually, like they don't understand SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED

>>33028662
More so in the social sciences and humanities classes, but the city of Lawrence is the most liberal place in the state, and it's not just the students. I hope you're bringing friends or have friends there
>>
File: Ruger LCR with Laser.jpg (35KB, 800x559px) Image search: [Google]
Ruger LCR with Laser.jpg
35KB, 800x559px
>>33028196

>but according to these rules, would I be better off carrying a revolver,

I'd say so. Racking the slide
to chamber a round is no bueno.

Get yourself an LCR.
>>
File: IMG_4876.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4876.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Get a Glock 20 and keep it loaded and ready to fire at all times and stop being a fag.
>>
>>33028844

>stop being a fag.

But you just told him to buy a Glock..
>>
>>33028196
Those rules are illegal, anon. Carry a chambered semi auto. They can write whatever they want, but it's not actionable.
>>
>>33028196
>must not be cocked
>safety on
what if you have a 1911?
>>
>>33028196

I guess another option would be to get a striker-fired gun with sights that are very easy to belt-rack if you had to. Maybe get that belt accessory to make it easier. That way you can still deploy one handed and have the larger capacity of a semi auto.
>>
>>33028973
>browning foresaw this faggotry and designed the 1911 to not allow the safety to be on with the hammer down.
Checkmate atheists!
>>
>>33028196
revolver would be better since less action, puling a trigger (especially if you got it smithed down so even the DA was light) is far superior to racking the slide.

just get a 686, bonus points if you could get the barrel shortened a little to make it easier to carry.
>>
>>33029311
Nigga it takes half a second to rack a slide. Fuck off.
>>
>>33028196
>Revolvers must be carried with the hammer resting on an empty cylinder.

Fucking fuddlore.

This was an issue in the days of the SAA, but shit has advanced since then.
>>
>>33029324
less time not shooting is better
>>
>>33029276
PRAISE HIM WITH MANY PRAISES
>>
>>33028196
>semiautos must have empty chambers
>revolvers must rest on empty cylinders

What kind of fudd state is that?

>>33028288
>Kansas

There it is.
>>
>>33029346

I doubt they even know that history. They justhave the belief that guns in general are liable to go off on their own.
>>
>>33028973
Miss the part about the empty chamber huh. Guess what happens when you chamber a round
>>
>>33029372
>What kind of fudd state is that?

The kinda that's forcing a school to allow CC on campus....
Look at how the military teaches "trained" soldiers to carry and they still ND constantly
>>
>>33028196
Just buy a Mk 23 and carry it loaded. No one will know.
>>
>>33029324
and two hands which is a bigger problem
>>
File: come on boy.jpg (25KB, 355x369px) Image search: [Google]
come on boy.jpg
25KB, 355x369px
>>33028196
>no round in chamber, safety on
>Revolvers must be carried with the hammer resting on an empty cylinder
consider ignore the rules.
>>
>>33029551
youre supposed to put it on safe AFTER you chamber a round implying youre actively using it? how does that make sense
>>
>>33028236
This. Israeli draw.
>>
>>33028196
time to get familiar with either speed loaders or moon clips?
>>
>>33028844
my Glock 17 is a bit big to carry EDC.

OP should start with a single stack, probably.
>>
>>33029630
Holy fuck how thick is your head?
There is no round chambered and the hammer is down, safety on.
In the event of us, the safety is swiped off at literally any point of draw and the slide is racked to chamber a round, thus cocking the hammer.

Deactivating both safeties on a 1911 is part of getting a proper grip on the gun.
>>
>>33028261
Then you'd better be wearing that pack all the time or the weapon isn't under your control.

Smart way would be having one pistol plus mags on you at all times. Your reload in the pack may not be accessible if you are under fire.
>>
>>33028196
Fuck their rules and carry what you want. If you actually need to use it what are they going to do? Throw you out for not wanting to get shot to death? And if they challenge it call the NRA. There was an anon here who said he had trouble about guns on his campus awhile ago and the nra told his college to fuck off or get sued up the asshole.
>>
>>33028196

follow their rules but get a Trump Make America Great Again duracoat job and carry half a dozen 30 round stendo clips just to piss off the anti-guns
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.