[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /k/ I'm about to buy my first gun (first one that isn't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

File: 1486202634504.jpg (169KB, 1024x682px) Image search: [Google]
1486202634504.jpg
169KB, 1024x682px
Hey /k/ I'm about to buy my first gun (first one that isn't a family hand me down) what should I expect in the way of paperwork and shit? I'm going in soon to make sure its all spic and span and if it is I'll buy it, but ive got no clue what I do after that, I dont want to rely on the shop owner to guide me right.
>>
>>33026746
well that all depends where you live
>>
>>33026797
Florida
>>
>>33026746
>>33026797
yep depends on the state. If its California I can tell you what you need to know. If its anywhere else, there is substantially less to do
>>
>>33026803
you'll probably just fill out a form and walk out with your gun. if you're of age and not a criminal there should be no problems. probably leave with your weapon with in 15 minutes.
>>
>>33026806
not op, but I live in cali and want a handgun. What do I need to know?
>>
>>33026820
Nice thanks man.
>>
>>33026863
no problem. congrats on buying your first gun!
>>
>>33026803
If you have a permit, you just fill out the paperwork and walk out with your gun. If you don't you have to wait the cool down period
>>
>>33026880
What permit? I'm in florida not jew york or cammiefornia.
>>
>>33026895
the concealed weapon license
>>
>>33026901
Ah, I didnt know I needed to wait. Its a rifle, that make a difference?
>>
>>33026911
yes, im pretty sure we dont have a waiting period for rifles and shotguns here.
>>
>>33026932
Thanks m80. If this thread is still up ill post pictures.
>>
There's no state waiting period for long guns in FL. However some counties do ex. Miami Dade
>>
Another thing about guns - I've heard that they're pretty much built to last forever. I understand some maintenance and cleaning go a long way in this process, but generally, guns last forever.

I've heard that because of this, people don't buy "new guns" anymore because they don't break, so gun manufacturers aren't making all that much money, so guns today have "planned obsolescence" so that they're more likely to break and need repurchasing, like most everything in today's overly jewish, capitalistic society.

How true is any of this?
>>
>>33027801
Depends on the firearm in question, unless you are a complete dunce and negligent in maintenance or do something stupid, its hard to destroy a firearm. Some companies are crap though through and through (Remingshit and Taurus come to mind), so avoid at all costs. You'll generally sometimes hear of certain guns being overbuilt (Beretta 92, H&K Mk. 23, etc.), but that just tends to mean that they are extremely durable since they're generally bred out of military contracts/requests.
>>
>>33027801
It's very difficult for capitalism and planned obsolescence to operate concurrently unless every single company managed to arrange to have the same period for it more or less. Whoever did would be trashed for poor quality against competitors, like Taurus. Regardless, it's pretty difficult to build a gun that will stand up to cycling and chamber pressure, but not time. I imagine you might be able to with a kraut space magic action, but you're not going to get anything with one.
>>
>>33026746
for florida you fill out this form, pay the man, receive gun and leave.
https://www.atf.gov/firearms/docs/4473-part-1-firearms-transaction-record-over-counter-atf-form-53009/download
>>33026833
for ca you fill out the same form then you do other bullshit. take a $25 dollar test that only a retard or illiterate would fail to get a firearms safety cerificate, provide 2 forms of id to prove residency example would be drivers license and car insurance. pay the man, wait 10 days, come back receive gun.
ca anon should expect to pay 100 bucks more for the same gun as florida anon.
>>
File: 0217171829_HDR.jpg (3MB, 2976x2976px) Image search: [Google]
0217171829_HDR.jpg
3MB, 2976x2976px
Ok so I just got back and fired a few shots out of my new Saiga. I looked at the round that was chambered but not fired and saw this. What do I do?
>>
>>33028761

That's normal, doesn't hurt anything.
>>
>>33028761
Sell the gun immediately. Something is dangerously wrong. Actually its totally normal, don't worry about it.
>>
>>33028790
>>33028787
Thanks guys <3
>>
File: 0217171901_HDR.jpg (4MB, 2976x2976px) Image search: [Google]
0217171901_HDR.jpg
4MB, 2976x2976px
So I checked it with tapco mags and they dont seat in, it fits in the receiver but doesn't click in the latch. The little tongue there is about twice as thick on the tapco as it is on the Saiga mag in pic. Do surplus mags have a thin tab like that or are they thick like the tapcos? If they're thick what do I need to do to get then to click in?
>>
>>33029068
I had the same problem when I converted my WASR to double stack, you'll likely have to file the inside lip of the mag catch lever.
>>
>>33029102
will that cause the mags to wobble? Will surplus steel mags fit without me filing it? I'd prefer to not fuck up my gun by over filing it and I planned on using surplus mags anyway.
>>
>>33029068
>>33029147
stock saigas are not compatible with ak mags
a bonestock saiga has no bullet guide in the gun
the bullet guide is built into the saigas mags
if you want ak mags you need to modify the gun by adding a bullet guide
if you add a bullet guide the stock saiga mags wont function in your saiga
>>
>>33030690
Yes I'm aware but the mag didn't even sit in the gun because of the locking tab.
>>
>>33026746
google it
>>
>>33033748
Well someone's a little late to the party.
>>
>>33026746
Well if you buy a Hi-Point it will be all spic and no span.
>>
>>33028761
AR's do this too because it has a free floating firing pin. You might not want to charge your rifle over and over again with the same round but I've never heard of a case where it's caused a problem / fired.
>>
>>33036216
Thanks man. I was worried I had an issue since I've never stopped firing before it was empty and looked at the unspent bullet.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.