[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

https://www.britannica.com/event/Sr ebrenica-massacre So...

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 6

File: download.jpg (7KB, 200x111px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
7KB, 200x111px
https://www.britannica.com/event/Srebrenica-massacre

So...why was this not covered in the west?
>>
Because the USSR was gone, and wasnt there shit going down in Kosovo at the time that required our attention?
>>
>>33026562
psssh don't wake up the teens who take the remover memes serious

Oh and because it doesn't fit their agenda. Goys should hate other goys.
>>
What the fuck were the Dutch thinking. And yes they were involved.

https://www.rnw.org/archive/dark-side-dutch-history
>>
Who says it wasn't covered in the west? I managed to hear about it just fine and I was 2 years old at the time.
>>
>>33026562

I don't know. Dead Muslims is usually good news.
>>
>>33026562
It was.
>>
>>33026605
*Arabs
>>
It was. You're starting your argument from a false premise.
>>
>>33026620

Maybe it's just me then, because growing up, I was never tought about this. It was never mentioned, and for being that deadly I would think they'd teach about it. IDK. I was reading into Dutch history and came across it.
>>
>>33026641
No, muslims
>>
>>33026653

Just because you never heard about something doesn't mean it wasn't covered in the entire western world. Way to project.
>>
http://www.gendercide.org/case_srebrenica.html
>>
>>33026562
if your older than 12 years or slightly educated you know about this.
>>
Tbh, the rampany advocacy journalism makes me doubtful of some of the claims, considering how they whitewashed Bosnian and Albanian war crimes.
>>
File: 1480511918795.jpg (31KB, 228x250px) Image search: [Google]
1480511918795.jpg
31KB, 228x250px
>>33026653
>I personally have never heard about something

>Therefore it MUST have been covered up by an international conspiracy
>>
>>33026679
I admit a tad bit of projection.
>>33026705
Must've been all that silver.

Either way now I know about it.
>>
>>33026662
*arabs
>>
>>33026684
>The international community partially disarmed thousands of men, promised them they would be safeguarded and then delivered them to their sworn enemies.
And this is why you don't voluntarily surrender your arms
>>
>>33026807
Weapons win wars. It's too bad they didn't get that memo.
>>
>>33026562

>muslims getting killed

Because nobody notices good things
>>
Did a big report on this in college, Dutch war planners are retarded desu
>>
File: mudzahedini.jpg (98KB, 690x387px) Image search: [Google]
mudzahedini.jpg
98KB, 690x387px
>>33026562
>So...why was this not covered in the west?

It was covered. 6k dead jihadists.
>>
It was thoroughly covered here in Norway, and pretty much killed what was left of goodwill for the Serbs. Keep in mind that we had Norwegian forces down there as part of the UN presence.
>>
>>33026562
Because it doesn't sell like other headlines would. I survived that war, ask me anything.
>>
>>33028304

Yeah, I got one. Back when the old Yugoslavia fragmented the old army used to be all over the place, with every male organized into either the army or something like the Home Guard. Largely soviet or home manufactured gear iirc. How did all of that get distributed when the fracture started? I seem to recollect that the Serbs were a lot better equipped once the shooting started. How did that happen?
>>
>>33028361

Slovenes strike first they grab most of everything whats available in the Slovenian JNA bases.
Belgrade starts to pull out equipment from Croatia, the Croats strike before most of it is gone this was known as the Battle of the Barracks.
Meanwhile in Bosnia LMAOO DUDE THERE'S NOT GOING TO BE A WAR most of everything gets shipped out and when the war starts what's left was bottom barrel tier Territorial Defense Forces equipment. Good job Bosnian presidency
>>
>>33028361
>How did all of that get distributed when the fracture started?
Well the Croats were able to inherit a decent amount from the JNA but they had a huge open coastline to import arms from so even though they didn't get very much they were able to start importing very quickly. The reason why the Serbs were able to inherit so much is because the tensions were rising and people saw what was going on. Not only did they have a lot of the arms depots and bases on their land but they were also the last ethnic group(of the three main warring parties) to still recognize and occupy parts of JNA land. They also controlled many police stations so it was very natural for them to inherit the majority of the JNA stockpiles. Also many Serbs were already fighting at this point because they were fighting the Croats so they were able to acquire everything before many people even thought of it. Even prior to the Croat war they were in combat with the Slovenes so they had a fairly well established plan when it came to war in Bosnia. Many Bosnians formed their own militias and were equipped with whatever guns they had because issued weapons needed to be turned in(if you were a conscript you couldn't just take a gun with you unless the base you served at was majority your ethnicity) so many were forming groups with hunting rifles only.
>>
What? They hardly shut up about it for 20 years
>>
And the T-55 tanks of which there were a great many, and the other rolling material - and planes, now I think of it?
>>
>>33028597

Croatia managed to smuggle what some think was either Egyptian,Iraqi or Syrian MiG 21's
>>
>>33028610

About the ONLY thing I can recall of the air part of that war, was that the Serbs were deploying microwave ovens to fuck with NATO radar systems. I do not remember how effective it was.
>>
>>33028597
Some tanks were left but since a lot were already in combat it wasn't easy to acquire them. Bosnians often had to risk many lives to capture vehicles instead of outright destroying them. Same applies with the airfields, the Serbs already controlled them and the ones they weren't able to were damaged or abandoned. There was also a nofly zone so if we were able to capture any aircraft we weren't able to fly them, but I don't know if any were even captured.
>>33028610
The Croatians were able to smuggle anything they wanted. The embargo that was placed on all ex-yugo countries only effected Bosnia. We were able to receive help from Iranians and Pakis though, however that didn't come in real numbers until 1993.
>>33028665
Probably not effective but that's my guess.
>>
>>33028665
The JRV remnant was tremendously crippled after Slovenia,Croatia and Bosnia had seceded massive lack of pilots as Croatians dominated in that field.
>>
>>33026562
You must be 18yo to post here
>>
>>33028814
Funnily enough, I'm over the legal drinking age in America. Perhaps it's my own ignorance or lack of historical research that has prevented me from hearing about this event.
>>
>>33028840
The Serbs also tried to cover it up so there was a lot of confusion in the aftermath. Even to this day they try to rewrite events.
>>
>>33028304
How is Tito/the Tito era remembered today in the former Yugoslavia?

Was the general conduct of the Serbs as bad as the stories you hear?

What's your general opinion of people from the other states of the former Yugoslavia?
>>
Part of the genetic cleansing, in addition to all the killing, was large scale raping. How did Bosnia deal with the aftermath of that?

Note: Norway had a lot of children with german fathers - dead or alive - at the end of ww2. How we dealt with that is a pretty dark chapter of our history.
>>
File: 1394471166.jpg (157KB, 1000x653px) Image search: [Google]
1394471166.jpg
157KB, 1000x653px
>>33028898
My stance would be why would they cover up something like that if, from what I've read, it seemed like a proud moment? Maybe I've read the info wrong?

Pic unrelated.
>>
>>33028961
How did your country deal with that?
>>
>>33028935
>How is Tito/the Tito era remembered today in the former Yugoslavia?
Very well, Tito is the fucking man.
>Was the general conduct of the Serbs as bad as the stories you hear?
Well my family got to experience this shit first hand. A lot of shit happened that you won't find on the internet. A lot of people will never speak about some of the things they saw.
>What's your general opinion of people from the other states of the former Yugoslavia?
Fairly well actually. I don't mind any of the other peoples, even Serbs as long as they aren't turbo nationalists.
>>33028961
A lot of women killed themselves after they were raped.
>>33028963
Because they slaughtered tons of old men and children. Most of the people they killed weren't fit to fight because as the enclave fell the soldiers pulled out. In my region we fought to the death and soldiers would have never pulled out and left civilians to die like that.
>>
>retarded UN saying you could only bring 450 men with light weapons and light vehicles
>Serbians lay siege upon the enclave with 2000 men with tanks, mortars, artillery and other heavy weapons
>communication with their superiors in the government is terrible
>American, French and British forces refuse to provide air support because they were assholes
>Dutchbat gets the full blame for everything

A literal unwinnable scenario from the start.
>>
>>33026562
Looking at it from an objective point of law, basically because the West was able to, but didn't stop it for whatever reason. It is the same reason why Serbia was charged with "not intervening to stop the genocide" instead of being charged with planing and executing it; as that would also make the West responsible for not intervening with literal genocide happening on European soil.
>>
>>33028991
Yeah it was a total clusterfuck, Bosnians weren't allowed to defend themselves in that "safe area" which is why we didn't want the UN interfering at all. It wasn't just the Dutch that failed there, honestly the whole of UN should have just stayed out.
>>
Remove Kebab
>>
>>33028963

The battle for Srebrenica was one thing. But at the end of it the separated all the men and all the boys of teen or older, and massacred them. 6000+. Afterwards they dug a number of mass graves, shoveled the bodies into the ground and camouflaged the grave sites afterwards. It took advanced aerial surveillance and a large number of prisoner and refugee interrogations to even find out what exactly had happened.
>>
>>33029033
A lot of the graves were moved which made the process harder. They were dug up and taken to other places, and they are still finding graves regularly in that area.
>>
>>33026807
Look up the town of Bihac, was under siege for most of the war, and its citizens were also ordered to put down their arms as to be protected by international forces, yet they never did. And unlike Srebrenica it actually worked all the way up to starting a successful offensive with allied forces by the end of the war.
>>
>>33029048
That's funny, I'm like 30 mins from Bihac. I think we are a little different from other Bosnians, we have always had a fight or die mentality. If you look back to WW2 my region was one of the strongest areas for partizans. That whole area was pretty incredible in their defense because they were fighting against Croats and their paramilitary groups, Serbs and their paramilitary groups, and also against the APZB.
>>
>>33028972

Let's see.
- the orphans, of which there were thousands, were partly put in state orphan homes and given a far rougher time than in other orphan houses. Partly they were spread out on farms and treated like shit by farmers who were bent on beating the 'nazi' out of the ten year olds.
- Some women and their children were put on a plane for almost leveled 1945/6 Berlin, with a one way ticket and a revoked passport.
- in tens of thousands of families the children were either raised with a new dad or by a single mom. Many were not told who their real dad was until the 1980s. In most of these families the dad was a well kept secret even within the closest family. You are going to search for a good while before you find German last names in your average phone book here.
>>
>>33029106
Yeah I ran into you on here maybe a year or 2 ago, remember you said something about being near Kljuc. I was born and raised in Bihac. Basically all of Krajina has been nothing but warriors throughout history. Blindly fighting for the land, and getting nothing from it but freedom and pride.
>>
>>33029153
Yeah, my village is right outside of Kljuc. Well we fought for ours which is why it's mainly Bosnian right now, look at other areas that gave up. Shit in my village there were only a few people with guns at the onset of the war, so everyone was kicked out, well they all came back when the 5th corps and Croats attacked. Some of our houses were burned down but many weren't as the Serbs tried to move into them. They were all kicked out and it's pretty much all my family there in the village now.
>>
>>33029186
I know the history pretty well. It is truly amazing how this part of Bosnia survived the war, but it saddens me that you can never really tell the story to someone from an objective viewpoint before they start throwing out their own subjective ones into the story. And I have nothing but the utmost respect for the people in Kljuc, one of my great friends is from there and a lot of his family was taken to Manjaca, his father died in the war. There was way too much suffering there, yet somehow the people managed to not get broken all the way up to being liberated, and even then instead of taking the time to rest from the whole insanity the men just joined the fight insantly. I honestly can not describe to you how I feel about all of the sacrifices our people made, but you probably know it better than I do.
>>
>>33029248
My dad was also at Manjaca. In fact everyone of my male family members was there at one point. My dad spent 8 months there starving and eating grass and bugs to stay alive. Dude lost over half of his body weight by the time he came out, like my mom barely recognized him he looked like a totally different person.
>I honestly can not describe to you how I feel about all of the sacrifices our people made
I feel the same way man, everyone in my family fought or tried to help in some way. My mom and the women prepared food for the men, the kids ran it to the front lines, the men were obviously fighting whether they had a gun or not they were on the front lines. Everyone in my family that could walk was helping the effort.
>>
>>33029290
I can't say that I understand you or what any of your lives were like, as everyones destiny was really different back then. I was lucky to not lose any close family members and to live through it as i was born in '96. My mom and brother who was a kid back then spent the war in the family house in Bihac until the Serbs started moving in, then they spent some time in Cazin and later got back. My dad fought at a certain unit, and he never told me anything about it unless I specifically asked. Most of what I know is from what other people told me. On one occasion he fought for 28 days straight when both the Serbs and APZB were attacking, so he was switching between the frontlines as his unit was a special intervention kind, on the 28th day he got injured (one of at least 3 injuries, a shot in the arm) and sent to the hospital but left within a few days to join back the fight as at the time the Serbs were at their closest point to the town (about 1km from the hospital in Bihac).
>>
>>33029399
Pic related for people to have some background on. That's pretty fucking crazy but also unheard of to be serving on the front lines that long. My uncle before he was captured spent two months on the front lines because he was a radio operator, and being the only one in the area he couldn't be relieved. He kept in contact with Sarajevo until he was captured. Was your dad still serving as the war came to an end? You should ask your dad if he served with the 5th corps, that was a really popular group that kicked a lot of ass in that region.
>>
File: Western_Bosnia_1994.png (89KB, 942x1422px) Image search: [Google]
Western_Bosnia_1994.png
89KB, 942x1422px
>>33029424
captcha ate my image
>>
>>33029434
Yup, imagine being completely surrounded in that pocket for years and having no access to food and ammo, only what you could smuggle.

>>33029424
Yeah back then if you had a specific skill like your uncle you were vital to the military. As you said anyone did what they could to help.
Everyone here was in the 5th Core, it's this part of Bosnia's core. So yes, but specifically my father was in the Batallion of Military Police of the 5th Core ARBiH. Confuses most foreigners as what the military police did in the war is nothing like what a regular MP does. Basically their job was fast response, and they were always the first ones to be sent to where the fight started to keep it under control before the regular troops came. Also to run between frontlines to close any possible collapses in the lines, and sometimes special work as I heard they were on a few rescue missions, scouting missions and such.
>>
>>33029497
That's pretty cool to hear. If you dad truly was in the 5th corp then he did a lot of shit and saw a lot of shit too. I know the 5th corps was the main corp in our area but there were people in the TO's that weren't officially in the 5th corps. Although I believe the TO's were eventually brought in. Did he ever do anything with Hamze and Gazije?
>>
>>33026562
>http://www.gendercide.org/case_srebrenica.html
How fucking old are you?
>>
>>33029434
thats fucking crazy
>>
>>33029526
Nothing that I know of, as I said he never talks about it so I mostly know what people fighting alongside him or close family friends told me. Don't know of any storied including the Buzim area. I know that he was there during the liberation of Sanski Most and during both of the times they entered Velika Kladusa. What he did tell me was that it was hilarious how fucking expensive Fikret Abdic's castle looked and what kind of exotic shit people found in there such as exotic fruit, all kinds of meat and whatnot. And the soldiers were so pissed that they didn't take shit from the castle for themselves, they flat out destroyed the thing from the inside. And yeah you're right, TOs existed as well, I just counted them in for whatever reason.
>>
>>33026653
>Maybe it's just me then, because growing up, I was never tought about this.

It's not just you. All young people are piles of hormones driven by stupidity, horniness, and horny stupidity. Unformed brains are real, and knowing trivia like massacres isn't USEFUL, it's just a statistic. X number of kebab dying early doesn't mean anything important long term, it's just entertainment.

If you knew or didn't know, your life would not have been any different.
>>
>>33029596
Fikret was a proper fucker and I'm glad we fucking shrekd him and his supporters. Honestly your dad is a hero, sounds like he was everywhere in Krajina.
>>
>>33029626
Iirc you live in the US so you may not be up to date. Fikret fucking won the local elections in Kladusa even tho he's a convicted war criminal. It's insane how backwards and crazy the people there are. They respect him like a deity because before he started his businesses they lived like animals, and those are not my words but those of old people from Kladusa. However he wanted to come to Bihac for a press conference but decided not to in the last minute because of "security measures", aka many many people waiting for him.
Thank you, I feel so myself and am extremely proud of being his son. He is extremely modest and works his ass off even today, it's just that pure no giving up way of looking at life. However it's not just him that's the hero; all of the people living here at the time are heroes, no matter what their positions were.
>>
>>33029664
I follow along with events even though I don't live there. Yeah I know he recently got elected and he did do good things for the people of Kladusa no doubt. It was probably a good idea not to go to Bihac, I'm sure something would have happened as there are a lot of people still pissed off about what happened. His election just speaks about the state of affairs there, nothing has changed.
>>
In a full k though 12 and two years of college I've been taught about a single Holocaust and a single slave trade.

You're not alone op, sure these things aren't covered up, but they're far from learned materials.
>>
>>33029698
Yeah you've got it completely right there. Everything's the same. It's like fucking groundhog day. You go to Kladusa for whatever reason, it's dirty as fuck and the people are crazy, 90% unemployment rate and 70% of all crime in Unsko-Sanski kanton happens there, yet the most expensive cars and richest people are there, and they still love Babo. You go to Banja Luka and you can have a civilized conversation with most people that have a higher education, but there are Serbian flags and kokarde being sold on the streets, Serb separatist graffitis everywhere. In fact I recently talked to a 60 year old guy who left Bihac to join the Serb forces during the war and he lives in Banja Luka now, and we both agree on one thing - there will more than likely be another war. Sad that people are so naive but sometimes there's just no reasoning
>>
>>33029735
same, I'm 23 and never heard of this
>>
>>33029767
Oh there will 100% be another war, its just a matter of time. Everyone in my village now has an AK because of what happened during the last war, and we are also really close to RS so chances are we would be a front line. I really have no worries about our people. If the last war wasn't able to defeat us, then the next won't be nearly as bad considering we don't have to fight against so many groups.
>>
>>33029797
Yeah the way I see it - the Serbs are arming them selves every day, but at least now we have SOME weapons. We also have less enemies and we also have an official state and army, so no weapons trade embargo hopefuly? Either way people are smarter than they were, but still trust me serb civilians (in RS) are way more armed than ours. It's just up to how the West decides to let it play out. There could be sanctions towards them, or trade embargos toward us, they could pull any card they want - they just need to pick between having a pro-Russian orthodox nation, or a predominantly muslim pro-western democratic one.
>>
>>33029836
Not only that but we also have NATO troops stationed there too. I doubt Serbia proper would be involved in the war, they have way too much to risk. I know there are a lot of them that are armed too, but that doesn't matter at all. We were able to defend with much much less than we do now. We have a fighting spirit that they just can't match.
>>
>>33029887
All fair points right there as well. I guess what I'm trying to say is that I'm not really that conviced that NATO would be helping in any way other than in a verbal manner, hell look at Ukraine. Keep in mind we are still not members of NATO either. I'm just not sure Europe wants Bosnian muslims to have the biggest say in things, they like this status quo of 3 presidents, 3 constitutive peoples instead of being a normal country with multiple peoples like for instance Switzerland or Belgium. But maybe I'm just being too sceptical, we'll see if the Sejdic-Finci and Pilav cases actually finally get implemented as that would be a game changer for this country.
>>
>>33029949
We don't need anyones help, they are just an extra security blanket to protect from Russia. Europe didn't really help us last time either, the issue was that we accepted the Serbs coming to the table for a treaty. We should have never done that because we were in a much better position to end the war properly than any other group had ever been. This next war will guarantee the destruction of RS, they not only have more economic issues but less population than the federation, and that says a lot.
>>
>>33029971
Hm you're right again. I just think Serbia as you said would have to be more careful this time, so it would be more of a local war with exterior help unlike last time. And yes, while people are also leaving FBiH, way more are leaving RS. The one thing I have an issue with, and I don't know if you know this but in '95. after freeing everything up to Prijedor the 5th Core was on the way to Banja Luka but was ordered to halt by international troops under threat of being bombed if we advance. That's the main reason we didn't enter Banja Luka and everyone was exhausted by the war.
>>
>>33030025
I don't think Serbia would step in. They will provide materials though for sure. I had heard that but I don't know how accurate that information is. I'm not really sure if they would have bombed them or not, but I think that would have been counter intuitive because they were feeding us supplies at this point. Really only time will tell what will happen, Krajina will still be there though.
>>
>>33030064
I find it oddly interesting thinking about this subject, which is kinda fucked up if you really think about it. But that's just the way we've become, it's our reality. Alongside with going to work or college you're also thinking about the possibility of a war happening. Yeah we'll just hsve to wait and see what happens. Anyway thanks for the input, I'm leaving for bed now. Really enjoyed hearing what you had to say, I hope we engage in another conversation sometime in the future. Take care and best of luck to you.
>>
>>33030143
Same haha. You as well brother, take care.
Thread posts: 79
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.