[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Be from NJ. >Not the worst but still very much nogunz.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: museum.jpg (66KB, 358x640px) Image search: [Google]
museum.jpg
66KB, 358x640px
>Be from NJ.
>Not the worst but still very much nogunz.
>Go to upstate NY for college.
>Take a class on museums.
>Have to visit a museum and write a report.
>Visit a cool Military History Museum.
>Real mom and pop style, everything (ranging from Civil War to today) is out in the open.
>"Some of this stuff is 200 years old and has been handled a bunch of times. I don't think it will do much harm."
>Cool dioramas, informative displays (a shit ton of different types of Civil War cannon rounds), local military history (what the area produced during WWI and WWII), but my favorite part had to be the wide collection of firearms.
>Muskets, 1873s, 1903s, Garands, M1 Carbines, M14s, and so on up to today.
>Handguns, grenade launchers, rocket launchers, aircraft and vehicle mounted weaponry.
>They're even looking at picking up a Johnson Rifle for a Marine Corps room (as they have an Army and Air Force room, but the Navy and Marine Corps currently share a room).
>Not to mention the small collection of weaponry from around the world, really all to much to describe here.
>Had drafting drawer cabinets just filled with different variations of guns he had on display.
>Would hand them to me as we talked about him, encouraged questions and could talk for hours.
>Ask if he would take a photo of me with my phone, as I need to prove I actually went there.
>He smiles and brings me back to the room with the most rifles in it.
>"Choose your weapon."
>Pic related.

I know it might seem unimpressive to you, but today was the first time I've ever held a firearm, and it felt amazing.

Support your local museums friendos, not only can they be filled with cool things, but the people running them are pretty cool too.
>>
>>33021210
my local American Legion has a pretty baller museum stuffed full of weapons and artifacts, I've been to war museums all over the world but this one is pretty special in its own right.
>>
>>33021359
The best part was the 'hometown heroes' section, which had things and items from local soldiers. They weren't really 'of note,' but it really helps make it stick that regular people, from the Civil War to today are a big part of it.

I asked him what item had an interesting history, and he showed me a small case that had a very small item inside. He said, "Not many of these came back from Europe after the war." It took me forever to read the writing, but eventually I read, "prophylactic."

We had a good laugh after that. He also showed me an M1 Carbine that was used against US forces in Vietnam (most likely sold to them by South Vietnamese soldiers).
>>
>>33021210
Where in NJ are you from OP? There are a handful of hasgun NJfags around. If you are lucky, maybe one of them may take you shooting sometime.
>>
>>33021210
What school/museum? I'm in NY too so maybe I'll make a trip to check it out
>>
>>33021772
Near Asbury Park, the land of Bruce.

>>33021795
Military History Society of Rochester
>>
>>33021210
Does RITchie the Tiger mean anything to you?
>>
>>33021980
I know that's the RIT mascot, but I go to U of R.
>>
Good for you OP. If you were closer to Syracuse and not from /k/ I'd invite you shooting with me. If you get the chance Rochester has some cool abandoned subway tunnels that are fun to explore.
>>
>>33022062
>If you were closer to Syracuse and not from /k/

I understand. I like all you fuckers, but I'm afraid of meeting the one guy who'd go, "Oh, you know 4chan too!"
>>
Shoulda opted to hold that sweet MG34 behind you instead of the Springfield OP
>>
>>33022178
It was a casted replica. Yes my disappointment was the same as yours is now.

The MP40 was interesting, it was a 1960s Japanese made toy that fired wooden bullets. Apparently a lot of the parts are interchangeable with a real one (but it's made of pot iron so you'd probably die if you tried to make it fire able).
>>
>>33021875
We should hang
>>
>>33022148
Heyo! Hasguns NJer (from the Atlantic city area) here.

You seem like an outstanding, willing to learn /k/ommando. All I have is a customized Beretta 92A1 but drop me a line if you ever want to give it a whirl.
>>
>>33021210
So.... what you're saying is that there is something worth visiting New York for?
>>
>>33022348
And of course my phone botches the email copy/paste

phasmaticnexus2(at)gmail.com
>>
>>33022348
>>33022417
Thanks, I'll certainly hold onto it. I actually have a few friends up hear that want to teach me on their nuggets.

I guess if I'm gonna start, better start with a broken shoulder.

>>33022399
NYC has it's time and places for me, but so does upstate. It's pretty cool. Every time I've driven to visit a nearby town, I got through a weird mix of suburbs and farmland I'd never dream of seeing anywhere in NJ (at least my extremely dense area).

There's a few places here I'd just fuck off to if I ever needed to.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.