[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, I don't know if I'm fucked or not. I got separated

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

File: user27515_pic39412_1275258742.jpg (13KB, 198x162px) Image search: [Google]
user27515_pic39412_1275258742.jpg
13KB, 198x162px
So, I don't know if I'm fucked or not.

I got separated from the Navy a ways back under erroneous enlistment. My re-entry code was RE3E, which means ineligible without a waiver.

Fast forward a few years after deciding not to pursue the military, and I wanted to get into police work. One of the pre-reqs is must be eligible for reenlistment if you have prior military service (how depressingly funny that if I hadn't tried to enlist at all, this problem would not exist). A recruiting officer at my local PD said I would need to get that navy waiver before I'd be considered for the police.

What are my chances of getting a waiver from the Navy for me to pursue a career that has nothing to do with the Navy? And how would I begin the process?
>>
File: 1484150932804.jpg (74KB, 944x593px) Image search: [Google]
1484150932804.jpg
74KB, 944x593px
I'd suggest asking literally any other place than /k/.
Call your local enlistment center and ask.
Call places and ask. Any place connected to your question at all.
You will not find an answer on /k/.
>>
>>33014547
I kind of figured as such. I'm afraid of calling because I feel like I already know the answer.
>>
Exactly what did you do to fuck up your enlistment? Lie about criminal record?
>>
>>33015013
It's an uninteresting story I don't want to get into, but the short of it is I mistakenly divulged I had ADHD.
>>
If you haven't been on ADHD meds for >6months then you should be able to talk to them and likely get a waiver, but it depends on the recruiting office and if they want to be dicks.
>>
>>33014383

get a lawyer and argue language...it's what they do.

>ineligible without waiver
=
>eligible with waiver

so you're eligible for reenlistment..
>>
>>33015160

ADD/ADHD is the most overly diagnosed mental illness.

go to a doc, contol your autism, and ask for a second opinion
>>
>>33015160
so you said you have ADHD and don't?
or you got in then it came out you had ADHD later?

>>33015862
this
lazy parents and teachers will put kids on amphetamines because they don't want to deal with it
really, really, really sucks because now there are shitloads of people who don't think ADD/ADHD is real because they only ever had contact with lazy fucks who abused amphetamines with a prescription
>>
>>33016069
I got in and afterwards my ADHD came to light

>>33015862
Can I really get a second opinion after having previously been on ADHD drugs since 7th grade? I've stopped since 2012, but there would be a record of that.

>>33015838
the language is not "eligible with waiver". "Ineligible without waiver" translates into "eligible ONLY with waiver", so that's a no-gain argument.

>>33015774
If it's this simple, all I have to do is find a recruiting office that will help me out? if one doesn't, I can shop around for another?
>>
>>33016410
>I got in and afterwards my ADHD came to light
So you lied about your medical history when you signed up. It wasn't the medical history that got you in trouble, it was the lie. The way you're dancing around it says you haven't owned up to that yet. Just the kind of personality we need on the police force...
>>
>>33016410

eligible with waiver still means you're eligible, just upon a qualifying factor.

If you're eligible for a driver's license pursuant to a driving test, you aren't ineligible, you just have another criteria to meet.

Either way, you lied about your medical history. If you've been off your meds for years and are doing fine, get a secod opinion on your diagnosis and ask for the waiver. Say you had a clean bill of health and were just embarassed to divulge your past because of the stigma and stereotype of mentall illness, especially after being misdiagnosed...
>>
>>33014575
If you want it bad enough, and aggressively enough, you will get it. Your chances are small, but you work your ass off, and maybe.
>>
>>33014383
They won't give you the waiver. You lied, wasted money, and if thy give you the waiver you could then enlist in the Navy.

We don't need anymore ADHD Sailors or autistic cops. Move on.
>>
>>33016698
this.

i know a kid who loved to hunt and shoot. he was involuntarily committed to a psych ward at age 15 for 2 months, diagnosed as schizo-effective, and pumped full of Haldol.

The haldol almost killed him so he went to a medical hospital. Turns out his symptoms were caused by a tumor. our hospital didnt medically clear him (CT Scan required for schizo).

tumor was removed and he went back to normal, but because he was diagnosed, his info was sent to the SAFE Act office and now he can't own guns...
>>
>>33016608
>>33016698

My recruiter told me to lie about it. I told him the first day I walked into his office, after which he said he didn't hear it and to never mention it again.

I don't do well with lies, so I cracked within two weeks at boot camp under the constant assailment of jail time reminders and being honest within 180 days gets you out of trouble. I'm not happy about it, but that's what happened.
>>
>>33016885

get second opinion and find if that recruiter can help a bro out...he's complicit in your situation as far as I'm concerned.

regardless, wouldnt disproving the diagnosis invalidate the prior diagnosis and therefore the "lie?"
>>
>>33016927
That specific recruiter was transferred to California. I'm in NC. So if I need HIM specifically, I guess I'm fucked.
>>
>>33016945

you dont need him but he could have helped. doubtful he'd admit to telling you to lie anyway.
>>
>>33016945
He wouldn't give a fuck anyway. There was a quota to fill, you're collateral, NEXT!
>>
>>33016969
>>33016927
So, just to be clear, when you're saying second opinion, you're talking about a doctor, right? Not another recruiter? If I get a doctor to say I've grown out of it, that'll help me out?
>>
>>33014575
>>33016721
As the saying goes

"If there's a will, there's a way."
>>
>>33014383
>RE3E
>REEE
wait, this is bait, isn't it?
>>
>>33017047
https://www.navycs.com/military-re-codes.html
>>
File: FABARM-STF12-1.jpg (267KB, 2000x1193px) Image search: [Google]
FABARM-STF12-1.jpg
267KB, 2000x1193px
>>33014383
>My re-entry code was RE3E, which means ineligible without a waiver.
If you have an uncharacterized discharge and didn't complete basic you may not need a waiver for the re-code, go see a doctor and get a note saying you don't have ADHD, depression, or whatever. Then go speak to a recruiter, remember recruiters get guys in with assault charges and shit.
>>
>>33017086
All right then. Got nothing to lose, I suppose.
>>
>>33017356
Just know that they may pressure you into an open contract
>>
>>33017375
Not a chance; just there for the waiver.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.