[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /k/. Got my tax return coming in soon, thinking of getting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1

File: 1486792180791.jpg (111KB, 574x856px) Image search: [Google]
1486792180791.jpg
111KB, 574x856px
Hey /k/. Got my tax return coming in soon, thinking of getting a weapon for home defense. My only issue is that I live in an apartment building. My lease has no rules regarding firearms of any sort, including anything for defending myself on the property, but I still want to be sure I don't blow the neighbor's wall open should I need to defend myself. In your opinion, what would be a good choice? Pic unrelated.
>>
>>33011352
anything that will take hollow points
>>
>>33011365
I was actually thinking of getting a glock. Would hollow points run through a suppressor reliably, and would there be other issues with using a suppressor for self defense?
>>
shameless self bump.
>>
>>33011352
>Got my tax return coming in soon,

>getting more than $30 in a tax return

It's not hard to just read the damn form when you fill it out

You should be putting 1 at the minimum, 2 if you have any deductions like school
>>
>>33011411
don't use a suppressor for HD
If you get charged for any reason even if you end up getting off, the ATF comes and takes your suppressor and destroys it
>>
In apartments you have to be really careful about overpenetration so if you miss you dont kill your neighbor.

Personally i think an ar in 9mm is about the best hd weapon you can get. All the pros of a rifle with the small round of a pistol.
>>
>>33011506
[citation needed]
>>
>>33011502
>>Got my tax return coming in soon,
>>getting more than $30 in a tax return
Do you earn 1$ a week ?
>>
>>33012780
Man I make about 50-55k a year and I got a 2100 dollar tax return back this year. Built a bad ass compute with it. I prefer to get my ass taxed to hell and back because I can afford it, and I don't wanna get into a mix up with the IRS. My parents got audited one year because their tax guy was doing some shady shit and it was the worst thing ever.
>>
Nobody has mentioned this yet, so I'll say it: shotgun.
Use #4 Buckshot and get a decent light.
>>
>>33012776
>muh fuddlore
9mm goes through drywall better than 5.56. Stop spreading uninformed bullshit.
>>
>>33013115
>hasn't read The Box O' Truth

C'mon, son.
>>
Same position as you OP. I have never owned a gun and have a baby on the way.

I'm planning on getting the Ruger LCP or some sort of .22. If you are in close range that is PLENTY to kill or immobilize someone, plus the recoil and noise isn't so terrible that you will be disoriented.
>>
>>33013751

That's a good fit for you, but not so much for OP.
>>
>>33013857
How so? It's plenty to defend yourself on property without blowing your neighbors wall open.
>>
>>33013751
Most people shot with .22 to nonvitals don't realize they've been shot until later.
>>
>>33014211

Because OP likely has less living expenses (more money for ammo) and fewer people in his home, plus has expressed specific interest in Glocks.

Don't get me wrong, I've carried a .22lr, killed a world of shit with one, and my grandmother was killed with one but if you have the liberty of another choice then that will be best.
>>
www.slickguns.com/product/century-arms-tp9sa-striker-fired-9mm-447-2-18-rd-magazines-26499-add-cart?mobile=true

This and gold dot 124gr is about as good as you can get for the least amount of money
>>
>>33014211
Who told you that .22 wont go through drywall?
>>
>>33012789
>I prefer to get my ass taxed to hell and back
Damn I hate you people.
>>
>>33015116
There's nothing wrong with paying taxes and funding social programs. This isnt the 18th century, Mawd.
>>
>>33015138
Paying bailouts more like it you idiot
>>
>>33011352
Pepper spray, a bat, a crossbow with broadheads and a mora for backup.
No worries for th neighbours, greetings from sweden.
>>
>>33015180
If you sent your children to a public school, you have no place to complain.

If you attended a public university of trade school, you have no place to complain.

If you are a veteran and use the VA, you have no place to complain.

I could go on with this list. You know you're wrong.
>>
>>33011352
>>33012776
>In apartments you have to be really careful about overpenetration
Unless your walls are masonry, any choice of gun and caliber is a potential danger to your neighbors. They're bullets. They go fast and zip through things. Get a gun that is comfortable and can shoot decent defensive ammo, and for your neighbors' sake don't have any NDs.
>>
>>33011352
9mm hollow point.
>>
>>33011352
Mosin Nagant. Solves all issues.
>>
>>33012789
made 6.8k payed 500 something in taxes and getting back 1800. . . Think I'll get a CC :D
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.