[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I bought a Cold Steel Trail Master and a Kabar and ended up returning

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: boar hunter.jpg (32KB, 550x427px) Image search: [Google]
boar hunter.jpg
32KB, 550x427px
I bought a Cold Steel Trail Master and a Kabar and ended up returning both because of poor factory edges. I'm considering getting a Knives of Alaska. Will I be disappointed?
>>
>>33010954

Yes because you're a stupid fucking cuck that can't figure out to sharpen a fucking knife.

That is literally caveman tier shit.

Kill yourself
>>
>>33010954
>Poor factory edges
>What is sharpening
Could you be more of a flintstone?
>>
Knives of Alaska generally have excellent factory edges. They're quality blades. Cold Steel knives often come with shit factory edges, but are easy to sharpen. Kabar-branded knives nowadays are generally cheaply-made, and their rat tail tang makes them unsuitable for outdoor use. They're budget brands, and Knives of Alaska is a league above them. If you really want an excellent knife that won't let you down, get a TOPS or a Benchmade. I love the Benchmade Bushcrafter and have some great knives from TOPS (High Desert Harpoon, ALRT XL03, and Kodiak Jac). If you're on a serious budget, just get a Mora Companion and roll with it.
>>
>>33010954
The trail master is a great tier knife but I can understand returning a Kabar. What are you going to do when you buy an overpriced knife that comes razor sharp and use it and it dulls? Throw it away and buy a new one? Fucking retard op.
>>
File: marie money.png (2MB, 1253x1073px) Image search: [Google]
marie money.png
2MB, 1253x1073px
>he wants a field knife to shave hair
>>
>>33011100
>>33011136
If I pay good money for a knife, it better damn well be razor sharp right out of the box, especially if it is advertised as such. If I want a dull chunk of steel which I have to sharpen myself, I'll go to a scrapyard.
>>33011332
Unless it is made of poor steel, a good factory edge should last for a long time, but when it eventually does go dull, I will find a professional to sharpen it, and you can bet your boots I will insist that he make it razor sharp.
>>33011362
You're goddamn right.
>>
>>33010954
Yeah... it's time to learn to sharpen... I've gotten $240 knives with less than ideal edges from factory.
>>
>>33011456
i can ruin any knifes edge in 2-4 weeks at my work , easy
any super steel i can dull it up right quick
>>
>>33011362
>He can't get any bladed object he sharpens to shave hair

You suck. Kill yourself.
>>
>>33010954
>ended up returning both because of poor factory edges

what
>>
>>33016474
Op is a faggot mall ninja who would rather pay for some overpriced knife than learn to sharpen a perfectly fine one.
>>
>>33010954
The only knives I ever bought online that had decent edges were Fallkniven pxl and the forest knife.
I guess the only way to know for sure what you're buying is to go to a shop and see it for yourself before buying.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.