[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just dont understand why people waste their time with glocks.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 166
Thread images: 26

File: IMG_2667.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2667.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
I just dont understand why people waste their time with glocks. The market is saturated with so many better pistols for the money. It just baffles me.
>>
>>33010279
It's like the bud light of beer. It's well established, you can find it anywhere, and it works. Doesn't matter to most that PBR, Coors, or Miller may be similarly price or slightly better.
>>
File: 46edc4517fa1bb136d59488317ae6615.jpg (633KB, 2334x1521px) Image search: [Google]
46edc4517fa1bb136d59488317ae6615.jpg
633KB, 2334x1521px
>>33010279
>>
>>33010323
The bud light of guns*
>>
>>33010279
I feel the same way. Being an HK fanboy is suffering. No one understands.
>>
I have a bunch of "better" guns and I still want a Glock.
>>
>>33010323
I can understand that however i just dont understand the mind set especially for a person who loves guns and other firearms. I dont understand how brainwashed and fixated they are in such a mediocre design and brand. Even the price is unjustified though they claim to be so affordable. IE the fucking glock 43 is so ridiculously over priced and shit compared to a performance center shield (roughly same price) and ppl just cum buckets for it. I just dont understand for the life of me.
>>
>>33010455
Because you got all the good stuff first and then you consider a glock.
>>
>>33010485
Glocks are usually people's first guns before they're really into guns. They know it's going to work and when you start getting into something that's good enough. It's clearly past the fad phase and a proven weapon, so a first time buyer will buy it. Once you get used to something it's easier to just keep using it, and once they're experienced and knowledgeable they recommend it solidly to other first time buyers because it worked well for them.
>>
>>33010553
>they know its going to work

Please name one reputable brand that manufacturers handguns in 2017 that dont work.
>>
>>33010279
Because they just deliver. Your carry gun will get beat on by the holster anyways even if you never pull it. Why not use a flock that just works.
>>
>>33010279
What's up my Px4 bro
>>
>>33010638
Also popular guns are easier to mod.
>>
>>33010553
Question is why is it peoples first gun? Why not a M&P, XDs, PPQ, TP9

I just dont get why they go to glock. I just dont understand.
>>
>>33010279
>bought a PX4
congrats you got shit and are trying to talk shit
>>
>>33010655
.45 acp shoots like butter. The rotating barrel is genius and it does its job and its very noticable reduction in recoil.
>>
>>33010637
>Please name one reputable brand that manufacturers handguns in 2017 that dont work.

Remington, seriously they have managed to fuck up both the R51 and RP9. Even the 870s have gone down in quality, which is pretty much the only product I can imagine keeping that company afloat.
>>
>>33010279

>better guns
glock pistols are the ultimate "no bullshit" fireamrs. they're the gold standard for reliability and are perfectly accurate within reasonable engagement range. Lightweight, no manual safety, nothing to catch or drag, no extra bullshit of any kind.

sure. there are prettier guns, more comfortable guns, more fashionable guns.... but all in all people that hate glocks do it because it makes them feel like cool hipster kids. they're the #1 pistol on the market.

it's okay to buy, carry, or just plink with a gun because you like how it looks and feels, but don't kid yourself. there are no "better" pistols than a glock when it comes to a "combat" pistol.
>>
File: 14721011014_e12207f02a_c.jpg (189KB, 531x800px) Image search: [Google]
14721011014_e12207f02a_c.jpg
189KB, 531x800px
I honestly believe that Glocks are pretty aesthetic despite being completely utilitarian.
They perform every duty that a civilian would ever need done and more with absolutely no problems.
Only minor thing I can see that holds it down is the sprinkler head brass ejection pattern.
>>
>>33010682
Is a far better pistol and design than anything glock has.
>>
>>33010696
Remington isnt reputable anymore only thing keeping them afloat is their ammo.
>>
>>33010279

Holster maker here.

Each of those guns in that picture are a pain in the fucking ass to make a holster for. Glocks are always turn out good. Maybe people just want guns that they can get good fitting holsters for? What do I know. I honestly base my opinions on hand guns based on how easy it is to make a holster for it.

- Jaded holster maker
>>
File: implying.png (117KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
implying.png
117KB, 480x270px
>>33010755

It's not that hard to vacuum Kydex, Anon.
>>
>>33010708
>they're the gold standard for reliability
Just no

They're bog standard, not gold standard. Nothing middle of the road is "gold standard"
>>
>>33010746
Reputable doesn't imply good, I can wager that most Normie McNogunz will know of Remington because Grandpa Fudd has a couple pieces from them back when they weren't a money laundering scheme.
>>
>>33010708
>there are no "better" pistols than a glock when it comes to a "combat" pistol.
Other than a Sig P320, apparently...
>>
>>33010708
This has to be a joke.

M&P shield is a far better carry option in terms of comfort and capacity than anything glock makes.

HK make far better combat ready pistols.

Walther makes far more quality pistols than glock.

And lets cut the shit this "glock is soo reliable" is such a fucking meme. HK, waltger, springfield, canik, smith&wesson.. they are all "reliable" they can all be dumped in mudd and be frozen and be dropped and all that bullshit.

Glock has nothing to offer that other brand dont offer and do better.

Glock is marketed so so heavily and thats the only reason ppl like you say all that you do. Its 2017 the polymer pistol secret is out and known by all they are all reliable they are all tough and all function and perform their duties almost flawlessly. Glock is a meme shit company thats falling behind. They cut deals with law enforcement and movie makers which is how they managed to market so successfully.
>>
>>33010786

It can be when you have to channel / build out alot of it. Shit's tedious brah.
>>
>>33010808
Remington has a rifle reputation not a pistol one.
>>
>>33010755
1. Heat kydex
2. Lay on gun
3. Lay pillow on gun
4. Add weight.
5. Wait to cool and dry.

Repeat.
>>
I have plenty of range toys and funguns, but a Glock 17 is my defensive weapon. I trust it to go bang when I need it to, for as long as I need it to. All other considerations are secondary.
>>
>>33010798

all you did was list lots of manufacturers that put shit you don't need on your pistol. The rest is opinionated drivel and anecdotal shit.

keep trying to justify your purchase. it wont change the fact that the glock is the ultimate no bullshit pistol on the market.
>>
To put it simply there is no reason for anyone to buy a glock as opposed to any other brand other than personal beliefs and preference.

But the question is why do ppl prefer it?

Bc they are fanboys or bc they actually believe glocks "work" and are reliable.. bc of their marketing.

Anon above said ppl buy them bc they know they work. So do they know that a walther PPQ doesnt?

Glock was so smart in their marketing theyve actually made people believe that their competition wasnt reliable at all. Which is ironic as everyone believed glocks would be unreliable when they were first being manufactured. Glock has legitmately brainwashed so many ppl and trivked them knto believing that their weapons can do things other brands cantz which is why ppl think they know that "glocks work".

All these fucking guns work.
>>
>>33010938
What other gun doesnt go bang when you needed it to? Any other one of your guns didnt go bang? Please tell us so we can avoid those guns that didnt go bang.
>>
>>33010878

I guess that will work if you don't mind your holster having shitty fit / definition.
>>
>>33010861
You never prefaced the statement with being reputable for making handguns, you said a reputable brand that manufactures them. Remington is a reputable brand for the most part, most people have heard of Remington in and outside of the firearms community, they just happen to manufacture the most laughable shit-tier handguns is all.
>>
File: 1450480238183.gif (4MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1450480238183.gif
4MB, 480x270px
Software > Hardware

Train on the system most effective for your needs. Ignore everything else.

You guys will get bored just talking about guns, when the talk gets old the hobby goes two ways:

1) hoarder/collector hermit
2) Shooter/Competitor

Most of you are scum hoarders, but you'll never have the money to actualize your instinct, you'll end up the "gun shop local" type, like Tim from MAC - lord of knowledge because you spend 500 round with everything.. Intellectually if you are ok with that god bless you, but jesus christ that's a shallow reality - firearms knowledge is finite and you can hit the ceiling quick.

The sport side however is relative elastic and infinite, I guess my point is real "gun nuts" end up as shoots and the guys who like shiny things and are poor talk shop and gun stores or on boards like /k/ all day.
>>
>>33010994
Well not necessarily depending on what you lay on top will determine it. You can lay a micro bead pillow on top with some weight and that will literally set in every crease curve bend and edge of your gun into the kydex making a very nice holster in minutes.
>>
HK>Glock
>>
>>33010279
>better than Glock
>posts a bunch of Walther toys
Lol
>>
>>33010814
Maybe when the p320s stop having an assload of light striker problems and are a little more resilient to mud....
>>
>>33011005
No one would buy a remington handgun. Lol you cant even find those pieces of shits.

Point is all guns are literally the same. Theyre all reliable all accurate all have slight differences. I mean just experiment a bit or just watch grandpa /k/ he shoots all the fucking pistols that exist and literally none of them have any real malfunctions on his channel and he hits the fucking gong with all of them even the fucking hi point.

Fan boyism is a fucking plague in this industry and its stupid as all mighty fuck bc it leads ppl to say stupid shit like

"People know glocks work" as if smith&wessons didnt..

Or the famous

"As reliable as a glock"

As if no glock ever FTF, FTE etc.

Like fucking lay it to rest. Glocks are mehh now but fan boyism keeps ppl from really exploring due to the amount of bullshit they believe about glocks. And other gun companies suffer bc of this very fucking thing. This misinformation that glcoj and glock famboys spread. That other pistols are just unreliable or they will fail or they dont work. Its getting fucking old and i camt wait for it to be over with.
>>
>>33010279
Because the glock 20 is to my knowledge the only double stack, polymer frame, striker fired 10mm on the market with an affordable price point and good aftermarket. If youre going to buy a glock, get it in 10mm.
>>
>>33011075
>walther toys
>walther

I feel bad for you. Walther makes the best polymer ergos and trigger. Youre fuckimg out of your mind to dismiss such a great company.
>>
>>33011145
That and the .357 sig are the only glocks i would consider purchasing
>>
>>33011075
walther P99 >> any glock with any mod
>>
File: 20170110_161517.jpg (3MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20170110_161517.jpg
3MB, 5312x2988px
I bought a Glock 34 for two reasons, simplicity and the sheer number of customization options. I did give other full-sized striker-fired handguns a chance, but the Glock's aftermarket sealed the deal for me.
>>
Everyone is so mad and confused because a lot of people like glocks. I'm just wondering why everyone is so mad and confused that people like glocks. Are you some hipster emo kid that wants people to agree with your opinion and discard their own?

> The gun I have is better than a glock in every way and I am not influenced by other peoples opinions
> RRRREEEEEEE WHY DOES EVERYONE BUY A GLOCK INSTEAD OF WHAT I LIKE, MOM IM SAD
>>
>>33010279
Because between the vp9, the fns-9, the p320, PPQ, the cz po-7, and the g19, I liked the way the glock shot, carried, and felt better by far.
>>
>>33010665
>M&P
shit trigger
>XDs
Idk why they're not more popular. except maybe theyre a Croatian design and made by springfield?
>PPQ
tried it and thought the trigger was shitty. also don't like the way it looks.
>TP9
lol turkshit
>>
>>33010279
I was never a Glock guy, I knew they were well respected for a reason, but I just wasn't interested. I've owned Sigs, S&Ws, CZs, Berettas, Walthers...

But Glock is the only manufacturer I've never had a malfunction of some kind from. Now I'm carrying a 43, and I have a 17 in my nightstand. I'm kicking myself for not buying them sooner, because I'd have saved a lot of money.
>>
>>33010970
>To put it simply there is no reason for anyone to buy a glock as opposed to any other brand other than personal beliefs and preference.

there's no reason other than personal beliefs and preferences not to get a glock.
>>
>>33011053
vp9 sucks dick though :(
>>
>>33010279
Name a better 10mm for the price then?
glocks are the best way to get 10mm without going with a overpriced 1911.
>>
>>33011414
Glock trigger is lowest of low tier... soo how is the mp or ppq trigger bad.?
>>
>>33010279
Glocks aren't bad pistols and you get access to the amazing aftermarket for them.
>>
File: 1485740032536.png (3MB, 2300x2014px) Image search: [Google]
1485740032536.png
3MB, 2300x2014px
>>33010279
Siiiince this is the thread

Glock 19 MOS with night sight front only gen 4 with 5x15 magazines with 600 rounds put through it in good condition

What is a fair price? Assuming I am selling. I have other carry pistols. I don't need it but I don't really need the money either.
>>
>>33011414
PPQ shitty trigger
Are you fucking high??? The PPQ has the finest out of the box trigger of all striker fired handguns. It's better than the VP9's, better than the M&P's, and much better than the Glock's.
>>
Fucking call me when ANY if these manufacturers make a 10mm pistol that can last 100,000 rounds. This thread is shit.
>>
File: 1486690494582.jpg (1MB, 1413x3666px) Image search: [Google]
1486690494582.jpg
1MB, 1413x3666px
>>33010655
>Px4 bro
you guys are weird
>>
>>33011535
Thats what i said.. the guy is talking out of his ass or typing with ass either or.. PPQ has a great trigger
>>
>>33011539
>>33011486
Okay they make a cheap 10mm great.
>>
>>33011132
Calm yourself, never said I was a glawk fanboy, but people buy them for the same reason those who don't give a shit about cars buy a Toyota Corolla, they're inexpensive, reliable, and the maintenance on it is limited at best. People buy Glocks because they're either new to firearms or don't care as long as they point the gun and it shoots bullets that can wound or kill the bad guy. Most people know about Glock because they know LEO/Military carry them and/or their buddy that has guns first bought a Glock.
>>
>>33011527
Theyre not bad at all my question is why so much senpai boyism. They are mid tier desu with an inflated price. A tanik is cheaper and quite frankly could out perform a glock.
>>
>>33011580
Thats the thing man wer talking gun collecters and gun enthusiasts. Youre not gonna find a car enthusiast collecting corollas lol..
>>
>>33011582
Umm wtf... i didnt type senpai nor did i type desu..

Wtf ...
>>
>>33010714
>slide mounted safety
>better
OK gramps
>>
>>33011541
/r/ing the thread about the guy who shoved an 870 barrel up his ass since you have this.
>>
>>33010279
>I just dont understand why people waste their time with glocks. The market is saturated with so many better pistols for the money. It just baffles me.
They're everywhere and they work good for babby's first handgun. Same thing with Honda Civics and jobs at fast food joints; it's just supposed to get your feet wet.

>Px4
Patrician taste.
>>
>>33011594
Ok well that's different, I guess the only argument I could mount there is they're like the 92F/FS since they make a good cheap workhorse that you don't want to blow a bunch of rounds through.
>>
>>33011600
Oh nooo a safety!?!?! What will i ever do!?! It impairs all of my abilities and just breaks all of reality and my perception of this dimension?!?!?? Ooohhh nooooo??!??
>>
>>33011612
I can appreciate that argument
>>
>>33011606
I want my pussy to be wet and glocks just dry my shit up like powedered milk and graham crackers
>>
>>33011598
Lol newfag
>>
>>33011462
The vp9 was a mistake yes, but would you judge the entire brand based on their poor people gun? Also, the vp9 does what it's intended for very well.
>volkspistol
It was never intended to be a military weapon in military environments.
Also
>striker fired a shit
>>
>>33011624
>implying the problem is the saftey and not...
>slide mounted
better change up your grip to take that off.
>b-but carry it in double action w/ the safety off
why even have it then?
>>
>>33011669
All major companies have made mistakes
>>
>>33010506
Pretty much. There's something about "hurp a derp glock is ugly and functional" that my CZ, HK, 1911, Sigs, cannot match. I got a PPQ and I still want a Glock.
>>
>>33011673
Wuite honestly the grip change is minimal. Basically same as a 1911.

Also it doubles as a decocker.

And why does that mentallity exist. Why have medical insurance if youre not using it atm..? thats a shitty argument and hold little to no water.
>>
>>33011700
I mean i can see that for sure. But my point stands you got the good shit first.
>>
>>33011673
Why not carry cocked and unlocked? I fail to see a difference between that and a glock.
>>
>>33011721
This guy knows
>>
>>33011717
I think part of it is that I'm willing to beat the crap out of the glock when I buy it. Like who gives a shit, it's just another glock. I may well end up shooting it more than the others because of that.
>>
File: 1474676109380.png (679KB, 934x388px) Image search: [Google]
1474676109380.png
679KB, 934x388px
>>33011624
>Oh nooo a safety!?!?! What will i ever do!?! It impairs all of my abilities and just breaks all of reality and my perception of this dimension?!?!?? Ooohhh nooooo??!??

YOU FORGOT. THE PX4 CAN HAVE ITS SAFETY/DECOCKER CONVERTED TO A DECOCKER ONLY IN UNDER TEN MINUTES WITH NO GUNSMITHING SHORT OF CHUCKING A BALL BEARING AND SPRING OUT OF THE GUN OH NOOOOOOO.

NOOOOOOOOOOO IT ALSO HAS LAWYER PROOF WORDS ON THE FRAME OH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. THAT ROTATING BARREL WILL ALSO TORQUE YOUR WRIST AND BREAK IT, RENDERING YOU USELESS AS A BAD GUY GUNS YOUR HELPLESS ASS DOWN NOOOOOOO
>>
>>33011673
When you buy a car do you only buy it with features you use every single time you drive..

So im assuming you dont have electric windows or can even roll them down at all since you probably dont rollthem down each time.

It probably doesnt have heating either since thats not used each time.

Also why have windshield wipers since youre mot using those each time either.

Why have the emergency lights too lets just take those off.

Oh might as well strip off the high beams while youre at it.

Oh whats that? You dont use the wiper fluid either? Lets take that off too.

Ohh my goodness and that spare lets take that out.

That cruise controll.. youre gonna have to change your grip to turn that on lets just take that too.

Ohh the defrost isnt being used either today? Lets rip that right out too.
>>
>>33011743
What the fuck are you talking about you dumb fuck? My comment really flew over your head.
>>
File: firing pin saftey.jpg (260KB, 1280x615px) Image search: [Google]
firing pin saftey.jpg
260KB, 1280x615px
>>33011712
>just like a 1911
The mental gymnastics that you had to go through to reach this conclusion are absurd.
>>33011721
pic related
Drop a Beretta onto the hammer, safety off. See what happens
>>
File: image.jpg (177KB, 1280x660px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
177KB, 1280x660px
>>33011782
>>
>>33011782
It has internal safeties like every other gun on the fucking market. Firing pin wont reach the primer.

Nice try tho.
>>
>>33011773
this just in, berettafags are retarded. his comment went over your head too
>>
>>33011814
You still haven't come up with a real reason not to carry cocked and unlocked.
>>
>>33011814
Oh no i understood his very well.

Its just fucking stupid bc having the safety doesnt impair the weapon or its performance in any way. And making an issue out of a non issue for sake of arguing proves my point that glock fanboys have no real opinions on other weapons and adhere to their shit beliefs for no real reason other than to further the spread of misinformation
>>
>>33011814
And you still have yet to come up with a reason as to why having a safety is in any way a negative
>>
>>33011825
if you are going to carry cocked and unlocked, why carry a hammer fired gun in the first place? why have a safety that you won't use?
see, LA police and their 92 issues

>>33011848
my mistake, carry on.
>>
>>33011883
Again that makes no sense. Bc the platform is nice. Bc you have the option to use the safety. Bc you have the option to have double or single action. See
>>33011770

That just highlights this mentality.
>>
>>33011858
no issues with frame mounted safeties. I have owned several firearms with and without safties including the one Beretta handgun I like.
Slide mounted safeties are abortions
>>
>>33011883
Why even carry a gun at all if youre not going to use it that day.
>>
>>33011924
That does not explain what is wrong with slide mounted safeties?
>>
>>33010279
Is the PPS any easier to carry than the P99c? I'm thinking of getting one of them as a CCW if a full size P99 ends up being uncomfortable to work with.
>>
>>33011825

The only rational reason is "because it wasn't designed that way". You take on risks like getting Glock leg that might have been avoided if you use the handgun as designed.

In a practical sense, the advantage of a DA/SA handgun in this day and age is that by indexing a decocked hammer while reholstering, you have a tacticle indicator that something is caught in the trigger guard. You get to feel the resistance from the hammer, giving you a chance to unfuck your shirt from your holster.

DA/SA with decocked is just an added level of safety over a striker fired handgun. There isn't any inherent problem in not using the decocker, but if you're not using that added level of safety, it begs the question why you aren't just using a design that is more simple to operate to begin with.
>>
>>33011941
The issue with P99 and P99c (i have both but full size i loaned it to a friend for a while) is their thickness about the same as a glock but the pps is just such a thin gun if im not mistaken its the thinnest of the single stack 9mms and it shoots very well great trigger and handles recoil like a full sized. But good luck finding any new gen1 in 9mm theyre very hard to find now.
>>
>>33011968
Bc the platform is nice and i can atest that it handles recoil very very well especially .45 acp
>>
>>33011968
bingo!
>>33011938
hard to utilize, interferes with racking. on the PX4 it's sharp as a motherfucker and I have seen people cut themselves while trying to clear malfunctions via powerstroking
>>
>>33011970
Yeah, I was thinking of getting a P99 as something I could hopefully use for both home and carry, and if the size is comparable to the PPQ I don't think it'd be awful for me carrying it. Worst case I'd try to stick it in a shoulder holster since I wear jackets a lot anyway. Does that 0.2" make that much of a difference?
Also even though I love the looks of the Gen 1 I'd probably end up getting a Gen 3 since it has an actually usable rail if I wanted to stick a light on it for nightstand duty.
>>
File: 1482251570091.jpg (45KB, 960x610px) Image search: [Google]
1482251570091.jpg
45KB, 960x610px
>>33011968
>>33011825
>why have layers of safety and redundancy when it comes to firearm safety?
>everyone knows if you simply don't forget to follow this single safety step you will never ever ever have a ND
You know have 4 rules of firearm safety is just silly. You really just need 1. If the gun is unloaded it doesn't matter what you are pointing at or where your finger is resting. The gun is unloaded right? We only need to have that single barrier between unfired and fired since any moron can obviously safely handle an unloaded firearm.

>>33011989
>cut themselves while trying to clear malfunctions
Px4 is a powerful and hungry goddess that time to time demands blood. If you will not supply it she will take it from you.
>>
>>33012026
>Px4 is a powerful and hungry goddess that time to time demands blood. If you will not supply it she will take it from you.
My fucking sides.
>>
>>33012038
It is a cute way of saying "these fucking spaghetti chugging fucks cut their safely levers to a razor finish" without directly complaining about it.

Also
>look at my and my trip I am so important and my posts are really special so pay attention to me
Can you stop sucking dick for a moment and remove your special snowflake title when it doesn't apply? I know it will be a challenge to drag your face away from trayvons dick long enough to back space that but I have faith in you.
>>
File: 20170216_005615.jpg (4MB, 1758x3052px) Image search: [Google]
20170216_005615.jpg
4MB, 1758x3052px
>>33010349
I love hk but they don't have a factory 33 rd mag for there 9mm's or a 25 round mag for their 45acp pistols and that brakes my heart.

Why can't I have a super extendo mag for my usp 45 or my Vp9 why did I have to pick up a g26 for a pocket carry gat that allows for 33 rounds of just in case goodness.
>>
>>33010279
Like it or not Block is an iconic gun.

Even my 75 year old grandma knows what glock is while she doesn't even know that you have to pull trigger to shoot (mind you we live in virtualy nogun country)
>>
>>33012018
Oh i was talking about gen 1 pps

And the difference in thickness of the p99 to the pps is very very significant
>>
File: 20170216_010230.jpg (4MB, 1603x3430px) Image search: [Google]
20170216_010230.jpg
4MB, 1603x3430px
>>33012104
Please excuse the autism, I'm currently trying to drink away the sadness
>>
File: meme feels.png (156KB, 655x600px) Image search: [Google]
meme feels.png
156KB, 655x600px
>>33012064
that post count though.
also I was doing it for the first few posts, then I fucked up and forgot, damage already done, figured why not
>>
>>33012026
Any moron cannot simply handle a firearm which is why the 4 rules exist. They apply to the morons.. i thought that that was clear..
>>
>>33010279
Take a look at what competition shooters use, then take a look at your special snowflake collection.
>>
Cause for one better 9mm gun, you can buy two glocks.

And two is one, one is none.
>>
>>33011512
>>33011535

>Reeeee ppq trigger a good!!!

No. It's long and squishy and doesn't have as clear of a stage. Keep on spouting walther memes though, shills.
>>
>>33010553

>people buy glocks because someone else told them to buy glocks and then tell others to buy them because it was their first gun and they don't know anything else

exactly
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>33011145
>not geting the longslide
>>
sold my G19 and bought a G20. very happy.
>>
File: 1481688883489-tg.jpg (70KB, 500x545px) Image search: [Google]
1481688883489-tg.jpg
70KB, 500x545px
>>33010279
Because 10mm doesn't get much of a market.
>>
File: 20160723_183747_resized.jpg (1MB, 1725x969px) Image search: [Google]
20160723_183747_resized.jpg
1MB, 1725x969px
>>33010279
Because I like my Glock? I also like my Sig P226 and my HK P2000. I like my 1911 as well. Hell there are a lot of guns I like. But my 19 is always going to be my go-to.
>>
File: FullSizeRender (1).jpg (646KB, 1632x1224px) Image search: [Google]
FullSizeRender (1).jpg
646KB, 1632x1224px
>>33011535
I disagree. The trigger breaks too far back and I was never able to get a good grip on it, even with the large back straps. It just didn't work for my hand. I really don't have any regrets selling it and switching to a Glock 19.

I also had feeding issues with my PPQ. I'd insert the magazine and rack the slide but the round would occasionally pop straight up and stovepipe, unfired.

The one nice thing I'll give the PPQ is how easy it is to install night sights without any special tools.
>>
>>33011740
That's honestly my mentality on them too. I want one for a beater gun that I don't care what happens to.
>>
>>33011773
I don't think it went over his head, you just don't seem to understand that a slide mounted safety does not bother some people.
>>
File: 1437071972340.jpg (214KB, 746x718px) Image search: [Google]
1437071972340.jpg
214KB, 746x718px
>>33010714
>old rehashed garbage

What's with the cult of personality around the CX4 compact? Is that metrosexual from luckygunner that good at convincing these noguns what to buy?
>>
>>33013673
Haven't been on /k/ long, but it is interesting how frequently the PX4 is mentioned. I have barely sold any over the last year, but lately have had several customers show interest in them. Go figure.
>>
>>33013711
Because snowflakes want to be different.
>>
>>33012253
Lol oh you mean the competition teams? Bc SW has had the best team for a while.

Secondly pro shooters usually only use glocks bc of after market mods in the 9mm category but if we look at .45 acp choices they mostly use a 1911 over any glock.. hmm why is that? Bc if theres anither option they will go for it just turns out the after market mods are just plentiful. So your point is made irrelevent in terms of out of the box civi pistols.
>>
>>33012619
Oh you mean a 600$ g19 NIB..?

Geez i didnt know all other 9mm pistols we 1200$
>>
>>33013631
What are you talking about please reread his sarcastic ass comment after he bitches about the safety..so clearly he doesnt like them.
>>
>>33010708
Drank the Kool-Aid.
They aren't bad; the hate comes from goobs like this who insists they are better than everything (they must be because I paid a lot of money!)
>>
>>33011015
Thank you for deigning to talk to us, O lofty one.
>>
>>33010279
those are all literally worse. 10mm glock is the only gun you ever need.
>>
>>33010970
>So do they know that a walther PPQ doesnt?
You're giving them too much credit. A first time gun buyer that has done no research for their first handgun has probably never even heard of Walther.
>>
File: Untitled.png (764KB, 1200x782px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
764KB, 1200x782px
>>33011414
>>XDs
>Idk why they're not more popular. except maybe theyre a Croatian design and made by springfield?

I don't know about others, but when I was researching for my first handgun last month, I wrote off Springfield after one image search without even researching the brand.

I absolutely cannot tolerate this faggot ass shit in pic related. Ruins the whole otherwise awesome looking weapon.
>>
>>33010637
I'm going to say Taurus here, even though on /k/ it's a well-known joke. Look around your local gun show or even store - they're everywhere and seem to be fairly popular. A noob would have no inkling that they have QC problems, they don't outwardly look like shit.

My first CCW back when I was young and stupid was a Taurus Ultralite .38. One in five times, the hammer "sticks" halfway through being pulled back, and must be returned to rest and pulled again, an absolute dealbreaker for a carry gun. I suppose I could get it fixed, but I have much better options now and don't care to. I could also use the two-mile-long double action trigger pull, but fuck that shit.

Glock might get a lot of unnecessary fanboyism, but I don't get the hate either, aside from standard internet contrarianism. They're a solid, ugly, functional workhorse; a great option when you can get them at used prices.
>>
>>33010279
>insert mediocre design meme
>insert glocknade meme
>insert "tons of other guns" meme

Glocks are actually really great guns. They are reliable as hell and always work and those are the things that matter. Yeah there are tons of other options, but when you think like a normal, reasonable person and say "hey I want a reliable firearm that isn't going to bankrupt me" then Glocks make sense. There also really aren't many better guns for the money. M&P's are an inferior pistol with the exception of the grip so those are out, especially those horrific hooked triggers that they have. HK's are good but they generally don't conceal as well (fun fact, people like to conceal guns). That doesn't leave you with many better options in the price range. There is nothing wrong with Glocks. Get over yourself.

>>33010485
are you on crack? 43's are a far superior gun to the Shield you nogunz noob.
>>
>>33015457
My first gun was a PT-140 Millennium Pro as my first pistol like 9 years ago and it's actually been a great pistol and I've never had an issue with it after 5k+ rounds through it. Yeah, Taurus makes garbage and I CC a G17 now, but that gun has actually been great.
>>
>>33015113
Did a grip safety steal your gf anon?
>>
>>33014452

CZ has completely dominated the production field.

Glock is super popular in Limited.

Open is COMPLETELY dominated by the 2011(1911) platform.

Again, where are your special snokeflake guns?
>>
Kill yourself.
>>
>>33015672
They're like Remington nowadays, or like any product with QC issues. You might get a gem or a lemon. It's a coin toss. Me and my dad both lost that coin toss with different Taurus models bought years apart, unfortunately.
>>
File: IMG_4052.jpg (67KB, 576x1024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4052.jpg
67KB, 576x1024px
>get a job at a gunstore two years ago to help pay for college
>75% of guys carrying some sort of glock (usually a 19)
>I really like beretta but to be honest I didn't have much handgun experience
>get constantly shit on by everyone because I bought a 92fs as my first handgun
>loathe the glock fanboys I work with
>day after day they erode my will to never purchase a glock
>finally snap and buy a 19 that will be my conceal carry gun
>hate it at first, grip is weird compared to 92fs but it was 200$ cheaper and came with three mags
>realize the FUCK huge aftermarket
>shoot more and more and get better with it until it becomes a second nature to drop the ball in the cup and rip one ragged hole through the target every time
>almost always start with recommending glock to people when they look for a first gun because they have no knowledge and then move onto something different if or when they decide there's something about them they don't like
>almost every anti glock person is a straight up troglodyte who has nothing else to live for then espousing the merits of cz, sig, or beretta

fuck the haters they're missing out and they can justify it to themselves however they want
>>
>>33011528
I'd pay $400 easily. Try $550.
>>
>>33014648
You're welcome poorfag noguns
>>
>>33015707
Grip safeties just looks super tacky to me.
>>
File: haters gonna hate.jpg (90KB, 570x743px) Image search: [Google]
haters gonna hate.jpg
90KB, 570x743px
>>33015847
>Pretty much pic related
Glock 19 master race
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRPCQ6rH8-M
>>
>>33010279
You have to be very autistic to seriously not understand the appeal of a Glock to the average person. And I'm not using autistic as a joke because I'm on 4chan, I mean it literally. The average person doesn't care about +/- $100 for a pistol they know is going to work. They see a bunch on police officers, etc carrying them every day and know if professionals are carrying it, it's good enough for them as well. Not everyone spends a ton of time weighing the pros and cons of every aspect of every firearm. Not everyone considers the beurocracy that may or may not surround a certain departments choice of one firearm over the other. It is a simple to operate, well known, reliable brand that is very affordable to anyone with a half decent job. If you can't wrap your head around that then there is nothing else I can tell you.
>>
File: 1402208299939.jpg (115KB, 678x800px) Image search: [Google]
1402208299939.jpg
115KB, 678x800px
>>33010279
God damn P99's are so aesthetic, they scratch that cyberpunk-ish itch so damn well.
>>
File: Walther_P99_9x19mm.png (1MB, 1740x1321px) Image search: [Google]
Walther_P99_9x19mm.png
1MB, 1740x1321px
>all the Walther love ITT

My niggas
>>
>>33018522
Do they make rail adapters for gen 1s or am I SOL for putting a decent light on it?
>>
>>33018581
You might be SoL. Hell, even finding a Gen1 is hard in and of itself.

Just buy a Gen2 and enjoy the same visuals with some modernized features.
>>
>>33011015
Seriously this.

Do you think well trained people argue over the pedantic stuff you hillbilly untrained NDing fucks do?
>>
>>33010485
>an autist on /k/ makes better gun buying decisions than SOCOM units around the world who have free reign on their sidearm loadout

Okay buddy.
>>
>>33011541
I'm so happy to see my cap making its rounds
>>
>>33020117
To be fair. That was odd enough to not only deserve a cap, but make its rounds.
>>
>>33016600
good, then recognizing shitty firearm devices comes natural to you
>>
>>33010485

It combines all the ideal features of a modern combat pistol into one design. So many of the "superior alternatives" have something stupid about them to set them apart. S&W and their shitty hinge trigger, XD grip safety, thumb safeties, gigantic chamber indicators, etc etc. Glock has stuck to the bare bones and been rewarded for it.

Then you have to consider that a lot of the alternatives to Glock are snowflakes by comparison - Glock has been around since the early 80s with no drastic changes. If I want a pistol for no-fun purposes, why would I seek out something with less mags, less parts, less guarantee of future availability?

Your question could be reworded as "why aren't people going out of their way to be different, when it's inconvenient to do so and you tuck the gun under your clothing anyways."
>>
>>33020497
I like em cause they're super simple and I don't need tools to take the whole thing apart. Plus I can go to any store in America and find parts. Plus, like you said, no fuss. The safety's on the trigger, how straight forward is that? It's as easy as a revolver now. Except like I said, easier to repair.
>>
>>33013111
YO (smacks lips) Is dat one of dem (grabs crotch) GLAWK (chimps out)FOTAYS?
>>
so should I get a USP or a 1911
>>
>>33010279
I'll probably get a Glock at some point just because they have an unfair advantage in shooting competitions over any DA/SA gun.
>>
>>33011989
Slide mounted safeties aren't hard to utilize. I love the position of it. Also on the PX4 you can install 92 levers or Stealth levers and then the bat wings are gone.

Also quit being a fag Colion Noir, no one cares about you power stroking your gun. You can power stroke a Beretta no problem, if you're not a nancy faggot.
>>
>>33010279
probably the same reason you keep making these threads.
>>
>>33022047
yes
>>
>>33022047
My first auto loader was a 1911, my next will be a USP. Still no glock, I wish I got a USP first.
Thread posts: 166
Thread images: 26

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.