[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MARTIAL ARTS TIER RANKING: Help me pick something to accompany

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 146
Thread images: 15

File: sword waifu.webm (1MB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
sword waifu.webm
1MB, 640x640px
MARTIAL ARTS TIER RANKING:

Help me pick something to accompany my ccw /k/.

god tier:
MMA (boxing, muay thai, wrestling and submission grappling base)

great tier:
MMA (rest of bases and styles)
muay thai
boxing
kickboxing K1/low kick
catch wrestling
submission grappling no-gi
luta livre

good tier:
judo
sambo
freestyle wrestling
BJJ
sanda
Kyokushin karate

not bad tier:
full contact kicboxing (no leg kicks)
full contact kickboxing with taekwondo influente
full contact kickboxing with karate influente
savate
shotokan karate
greco-roman wrestling

have effective kicks but the rest is pure shit tier:
taekwondo

bad tier:
traditional jujutsu
sumo
krav maga
no mcdojo kenpo

shit tier:
meme karate
ALL kung fu
taichi
aikido
meme martial arts without sparring and real competition
SYSTEMA
all korean ""matial arts"
capoeira
wing chun
mcdojo kenpo
hapkido
ninjutsu
shin kicking
tai-chi
Chun Kuk Do
any meme martial arts without sparring
>>
god tier:
poke eye, anything after is guaranteed follow up
>>
File: witcher2.webm (2MB, 1000x563px) Image search: [Google]
witcher2.webm
2MB, 1000x563px
>>33008736
>>33008736
Who is this amateur?
*spin* *spin* *spin*
>>
god tier:

*teleports behind you*

Pshh

nothin personnel kid
>>
>>33008736
God tier: Kenjutsu, Kendo
>>
POCKET
>>
SAND
>>
god tier

>what I trained in

shit tier

> what you trained in

tier lists are always opinionated shit
>>
File: Krav Maga.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
Krav Maga.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>
Judo worked for me because most fights start with a grapple. I beat most kids with rudimentary training from my dad.
>>
>>33008736
Greco roman needs to be moved up, it's extremely good in a clinch

>>33009884
however, this (I'm a greco roman guy)
>>
Why are you mentioning martial "arts" that have rules in them? In a life or death fight there are no rules.
>>
>Chun Kuk Do
this hurt but its true.
>>
>>33010254
because life and death situations are so differents and unique from each other that most of them you can solve them with a gun or running away instead of learning whacky finger poke shit that wasn't even tested before

most common martial arts (including box and kbox) tend to have the most effective movements in a hand to hand situation (low kicks, jabs, grabs, etc). This is due to people already used them in fights both in rings and the street.
they aren't guaranted to work all the times though, your opponent with no martial skills may have luck and ko you before you even react, you're still human and can (and will) lose
>>
Practical tier:
L.I.N.E.
>>
>>33008736
tkd isn't that bad
it really complement with kick boxing
>>
>>33009884
pretty much how i read it too
>>
>>33010412
A gun will always win, its obvious.

But what I am trying to say is that if you train in unarmed combat and you restrain yourself with rules, then you will incorporate them into your style and if ,as you said, you fight against an unexperienced guy, he might have an edge on you
>>
>>33008736

let me fix this for you

>combatives
>mma
>boxing/kick boxing

the rest of it is shit tier pop garbage that only autists and retards think actually works. Little children like you don't know the first thing about self defense.
>>
>>33010547
There is nothing universal that works all the time, especially in unarmed combat. Diffefent styles for different situations, but in the end it all comes down to the person practicing the art.
>>
>>33008736
Let me tell you a little story junior. This is the story that my father told me about his time in the Marines. My father was alwayd a very small man. What was worse is he was from a poor family. He was picked on mercilessly his entire life. He grew up fast and mean. He had to learn to fight for everything he had every day of his life. When he went into the Marines he found that life wasn't much different. They teased each other and fought a lot. He took boxing classes while in the Marines as well. There's some humor found in the fact that he admits the only guy who ever actually "beat his ass" was a Puerto Rican kid who was even smaller than him. Point to the story is my dad was no stranger to a good fight. He fought many men. Won some fights but lost just as many. Always walked away humbled but proud. Until the day he picked a fight with a kid who wrestled in high school and took jiu jitsu. My father said it was like nothing he'd ever faced before. This kid knew how to exploit every possible grip and angle to disable every bit of strength he thought that he had. My father said he's taken ass whippings but that was the first and only time he ever fought somebody that actually HURT him. He said this guy didn't exhaust him or try to incapacitate him. This guy caused him actual serious bodily harm. To this day my father swears that was the only fight that he ever gave up and the only man he ever feared. Fluid movement is useless once the adrenaline hits. Actual martial arts are about fucking useless in an actual fight. Learn to grapple and wrestle. Take Jiu Jitsu. You don't have to incap an enemy if they've lost the function of their arms and legs. They are no longer a threat.
>>
>>33010544
I can't tell if you're trolling or not because of how retarded this is
>>
>>33010636

> implying you know your shit
>>
imagine the handjobs she can give you
>>
>I bet I could beat an mma fighter in a street fight because it would occur to me to punch him in the balls
>>
>>33010691
maybe I do
>>
>>33010544
well most rules are about not beating to death your partner: stopping the fight when someone fall to the ground or hit their genitals.
other rules are to make the fight more fair, with experience levels or weigth limits.
but yeah, you should already know that fighting in real life is a vale todo, happens to knowing how to throw a punch correctly can and will deal more damage than an amateur one.
>>
>>33010631

Yes, there is, and its called combatives.

>striking
>kicking
>grappling
>ground fighting
>knife
>pistol
>rifle
>multiple opponents
>single opponents
>tight spaces
>weapon retention

it takes days to become competent, weeks to become dangerous, and only a few months to master. martial arts are indeed, complete bullshit. combatives is the boiled down principles. instead of learning 10 ways to handle a situation, you learn 1 way to handle 10 situations.

I'm an instructor, and at the start of every 1 month coarse, I bring in a student from the last class rotation, and have them spar with the martial artists. when a 3rd degree blackbelt gets his ass handed to him by a kid with 4 weeks of training, it opens his eyes to just how retarded his training has been.

seems like a dick move, but it's the only way to get them to listen to instruction, because they have been brainwashed that their bullshit is some ancient art of blah blah blah
>>
>>33010632
My muay thai instructor used to work as security in clubs and shit.
he told me that while grapping skills can work, you still have 4 drunks punks that are going to lynch you for trying to reduce their friend.
street figthing in the ground is a gamble, just be sure that your opponent is alone
>>
>>33010851
hahaha holy shit
what fucking branch of what fucking country
>>
>>33010851
>months to be a master
nigga what the fuck are you saying
try to put in a figth one of your students against mma figthers instead
it's not about muh ancient art but about how much experience you have and fitness and resistance
>>
>>33010958
he's a either a troll or a fucking retard
>>
>>33010915

>he thinks combatives is strictly military

Although it has it's roots in military, it's been taught to civilians in countless schools since the 1950's, mostly used by private security firms that specialize in VIP protection.

I've trained with some of the best, including Jim Grover, and structure my classes around what I've learned from them, and from MAC lvl 3. I've been running my own school here in the states for about 5 years now, with 15-25 per class, 2 classes a day, 5 days a week.

Many of my students are martial artists whom come to find out if combatives is the real deal. others are police officers looking to better protect themselves, but most are just normal joes and janes that made a smart decision for their first training school.
>>
>>33010851
Seen this shit all the time in the Marines.
>bar.
>chillin not crusin for pussy, just chillin.
>some asshole loud as fuck, says he's an mma fighter.
>ignore.
>get up to change song in jukebox.
>bump into mma.
>say sorry.
>"hey you're a mahreen!"
>yea so.
>you think you're a bad ass!
>Just picked up green, instructor murdered the shit out of us, was PT leader and I hurt like boot camp 2.0
>try to go buy.
>he shoves me, I proceed to beat his ass.
>I'm 6'4 220 1st Class CFT.
>wreck gym cut dude who only works biceps and bench for the girls.
MMA is meme tier as fuck.
>>
>>33010958

>let's put your students in a fight
>against professional level athletes
>hhuurrr duuurr I think I'm proving a point

I am saying only months to master the combatives system. It does not mean you become a teleporting ninja death machine.

The system only takes you so far. correct training is paramount, but meaningless without fitness. I drill this into my student's heads, but I'm not a fitness instructor.
>>
>>33011038
lol even better, so you're telling me untrained turds who aren't even fit train with you for 4 weeks and can beat """experienced""" martial artists

you're a mcdojo, I bet a high school wrestler could pull you and any one of your "students" apart in seconds

go back to watching Steven Seagal movies you fucking hack
>>
>>33011091
Story below. Most chads just get cut to score pussy on tinder and neglect endurance, they tire FAST. Their first two or three hits are hard then their done.
>>33011056
>>
>>33011126
You have NO idea what you're talking about.
>MMA training.
ONE day a week.
>MCMAP training
EVERY FUCKING DAY for 4 weeks, plus conditioning, plus sparring and at the end is a test where you have to pass 80% or better.
>>
>>33011056
nigger I'm supposed to be impressed by the fact that you supposedly beat the shit out of someone half your size who claimed to train mma like every shitter who wears a Tapout shirt?

your story sounds fake as fuck, I bet it never happened, it sounds like what someone who has never been in a bar fight imagines what barfights are like

what the fuck is it with these threads, they bring the Internet tough guys out of the woodwork
>>
>>33011126

yes. my non-fit students have little difficulty in dealing with martial artists, after only 4 weeks of training. this is due to training mentality and ignorance of body mechanics, as well as the over complicated and useless techniques practiced by martial artists.

a high school wrestler would likely make a good student in some respects, but would find his tendency to go "belly down" will get him chocked out by my graduates.

Steven Seagal was a bullshit martial artist, and is a good example of poor training, and shit technique.

Again, I am not claiming that a completely out of shape student of mine could handle a /fit/ as fuck opponent, especially one at professional or competitive level of athleticism. But, an average person of average fitness, with proper training, will have no issue against experienced martial artists, boxers, wrestlers, etc.

however if said martial artist is a professional or competitive level athlete, sure, they would likely be defeated based on a lack of fitness alone. it's like I already said, skill set is meaningless without fitness.

stop with the straw man already. you're embarrassing yourself.

>>33011138

well, there's a big difference between chad and a real athlete. Pushing weights around and looking cut doesn't mean you're in shape. most chads have shit endurance, are slow, and about half as strong as they look. MMA kids are also a joke.
>>
>>33011183
who the fuck trains only one day a week?

oh wow every day for a ALMOST A WHOLE MONTH??

how is it you think serious fighters train, you clown? Or even college wrestlers?

the fact that you think
>EVERY FUCKING DAY
is even remotely impressive indicates you're an out of shape piece of shit, I bet you're sloppy as fuck. you got quads? cauliflower ear? anything at all to indicate you're not a fucking hack?
>>
>>33008736
That swing after her first set of spinnies is a complete waste of momentum. The others kind of make sense though.
>>
>>33011239
what, so a "third degree black belt" doesn't constitute a "competitive level athlete?" a term that also doesnt include "experienced martial artists, boxers, wrestlers, etc?" How is someone supposed to be "experienced" if they're not "competitive?" sparring and competing in tournaments is absolutely basic fundamental shit in any martial art.

And no, you can't automatically beat college wrestlers because you know how to guillotine people
>>
>>33008736
>Grappling
>Anything other than shit tier
Wow, fantastic guard you've got there, really got that guy in a solid submission.
But what's that, Jamal's friend is walking up behind you with a steel pipe.

And you're dead.

Going to ground is a fucking stupid idea where you're fighting for your life.
>>
>>33011408
why do you assume you're fighting for your life? I bounced at a club for years, I've broken up/been in dozens of fights, grappling is always the best way to end a fight without getting fucked over by the cops.

if someone has a knife you're fucked no matter what martial art you train, so carry a gun for such a situation and learn how to wrestle for everything else.

martial arts for self defense are a fucking meme anyway, literally any weapon is better. their only use is to deescalate a situation
>>
>>33011375

in most cases, no. training in martial arts does not make you an athlete. it does not promote the level of strength and endurance that comes from a serious physical fitness program. The overwhelming majority of "high level" martial artists I have met and trained cannot run 5 miles, or do more than 50 pushups.

being experienced, or even skilled, does not make you competitive. sparring in a dojo is not the same thing as entering actual tournaments against someone other than fellow classmates. Low level tournaments are exactly that, low level. martial arts does not equal fitness. a local tournament does not make you a serious competitor, or in good shape.

knowing how to "guillotine" people does not make you "automatically" beat a wrestler, nor did I make that claim. there you are, again, making with the straw man.

what I said is that a tendency to go belly down is a serious problem for wrestlers when trying to train in combatives. it's actually a rear naked choke, not a guillotine that is a big danger for them due to their training that teaches them to expose their back in order to avoid being pointed by their opponent.

usually, wrestlers that enter my class lose a sparring match long before it goes to the ground, thanks to being completely untrained in defending themselves from strikes and kicks. They usually end up chasing around my graduates, trying to due a single or double leg, while getting their heads bashed in with hammer fists, palm strikes and elbows, and having their mid section punished with body kicks.

wrestlers don't train in fine motor manipulation either, so even when they take a graduate to the ground, they find themselves in extreme pain with sprang wrists and fingers, their grip broken by a simple grab of the index finger and tweak of the hand..

all of my new students wear headgear and MMA style gloves to protect them during a sparring session, so rarely does any serious injury occur, but we have had a few broken fingers.
>>
>>33011408

this is a great example why combatives is so effective, as it is a complete system. he's exactly right. training to "go to the ground" in a fight is beyond stupid.

ground fighting is only taught as a necessity if one is taken to the ground by his opponent. take down defense, escape and evasion are mostly taught to my students, because going to the ground is actually very dangerous in almost every situation. We still teach basic arm locks, chokes, etc. but the emphasis is to get back to your feet as quickly as possible, through either positioning or by disabling your ground opponent as fast as you can.
>>
>>33011458

this is also correct. using a weapons is always better. hand to hand is trained as a last resort, as a means to keep a fight from escalating by ending it quickly, before the weapons come out. it's other major purpose is to help you retain your weapon, or manage to gain clearance for draw.

martial arts are indeed a meme for self defense. this is why combatives covers hand to hand in combination with knife, pistol, rifle. It concentrates on quickly disabling your opponent with your hands or disengaging long enough to draw a weapon.

I used to bounce as well, worked a door at a strip club. nice thing about that is, one the rare occasional someone DID pull a knife, you just scream "KNIFE KNIFE KNIFE" and he gets tackled by co-workers from behind.

I actually kind of miss that job.
>>
>>33010764
Yes I'm sure that will work well after he's kicked your legs into mush and spun your chin around your head.
>>
>>33011056
Of all the things that never happened, this never happened the most.
>>
>>33011322
The last time I saw that webm the OP explained it was some Renaissance-era Italian method of crowd control. She turns her back like a Jedi in the movies, you notice, which is something you never do in personal defense or the battlefield. But it looks very flashy... and I imagine when you have several of these people ahead of some dignitary doing this sword-spinny Matrixy bullshit that it produces a powerful desire to get the fuck out of the way.
>>
>>33011408
You can't out strike multiple opponents either. At least a grappler knows how not to get their face smashed into the pavement if they get tackled you fucking retard.

I swear, it's like you faggots believe that since you don't know grappling you'll never get into a situation that requires it. The ironic thing is that someone who knows how to grapple is less likely to get taken down and need to use it.
>>
>>33011479
>most high level martial artists I know can't run 5 miles or do 50 push ups.

Lol ok, you're a fucking bullshitter and now we all know it.
>>
>>33011614
But you can learn how to move the fuck away and work a crowd.
All you need to do is disorient or slow them down long enough to draw your gun.

Grappling on the streets is retarded.
>>
>>33011614
Ps. I know how to grapple, just focusing only on grappling is a dumb fucking idea.

Boxing + wrestling + BJJ + Muay Thai master race.
>>
>>33011647

earning a black belt does't mean you're in shape. You do not need a high level of athleticism to achieve high ranking belts in martial arts. it simply isn't true, and your argument is essentially "nuh uh". Yes, there are some that take phsycial fitness very seriously, and most of them are at a high level of competition, but again.... a high ranking belt does not make you a high level competitor.

I couldn't begin to tell you how man black belts come through my classes and have zero muscle tone, often gassing out in the first few minutes of a sparring session, just like all the regular joes and janes.

There is nothing special about black belt martial artists other than the amount of time they've spent developing a skill set that is only useful for competition against others with the same skill set. and that skill set doesn't automatically make you /fit/. they are two different worlds.

I'm not sure how you fail to understand this.

>>33011614

yes, you can. just go to youtube and find countless videos of one man knocking out multiple opponents and coming out on top. I can remember one where a russian dude, looked to be about 50, knocks out 5 or 6 guys in under 30 seconds during a brawl.
>>
File: Keanu-Reeves-in-John-Wick.jpg (17KB, 620x320px) Image search: [Google]
Keanu-Reeves-in-John-Wick.jpg
17KB, 620x320px
>>33008736

Gun-fu is superior to all other plebian martial "arts"
>>
>>33008939
Her edge alignment and cuts are fine, spinning does not inherently make you bad.
>>
>>33008736
god tier:
Brick fu, Dik Kik Dem, and the art of shooting them dead

shit tier:
Everything else
>>
>>33008736
>MMA is god-tier
Opinion discarded.
Get out of here Joe Rogan. You suck.
>>
Like with many things in life:

>god tier
A competent teacher

>end in tears
A shitty teacher
>>
>>33011906
Yup
>boxing and wrestling
>use these as a base to fight like the dirtiest cunt on the planet
>fuck up shit stirring faggots and bully bouncers like half again your weight
>>
Pencak silat
>>
>>33008736
>god tier:
>MMA (boxing, muay thai, wrestling and submission grappling base)

Yeah no, your list is shit.
>>
>>33011779
A high level martial artist is someone who's competing professionally. If you're about to tell me a pro boxers can't run 5 miles you can fuck right off.
>>
>>33008736
What's the general consensus on jeet kune do?
>>
>>33012352
It's wing chun+bruce lee worship

So basically garbage.
>>
>>33012155
Go away Obama. We get it, you grew up overseas.
>>
>>33010632
>Actual martial arts are about fucking useless in an actual fight.
Yet Jujutsu is a martial art...
>>
Judo is god tier.
Life threatening situation? Enough throws that will end with you standing and your opponent on the ground disoriented as fuck. Enough time to pull your weapon or run away. Non life threatening situation? You can transition to a lock from every throw.
>>
File: IMG_20161123_155817.jpg (253KB, 384x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161123_155817.jpg
253KB, 384x640px
>>33011216
>>33011266
Old pic.
>things that didn't happen.
>posts proof.
>uhhhhhh
MMA do train once to twice a week, with three days of conditioning. The fact you can't tell the diffrence screams your a inbread MMA fan.
>>
>>33008736
I'd recommend a mix of:
Krav Maga (for great scenario training and practical outlook to self defense)
Judo (for balance, throws and enough groundwork to not be helpless if you end up there)
Muay Thai (strikes, nigger)
>>
MMA is not representative of realistic fighting. You aren't allowed to hit vital spots for safety which creates a bias towards grappling.
>>
>>33012559
that's not a CAC card
>>
I could literally disarm every single one of you faggots with my training
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPvbiy0eNzQ&t=4s
>>
File: John Wick deleted scene.webm (3MB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
John Wick deleted scene.webm
3MB, 960x540px
>>33008736
>>
File: 1486100803234.gif (3MB, 352x198px) Image search: [Google]
1486100803234.gif
3MB, 352x198px
>>33012680
>The entire segment dedicated on how to escape a handshake
>>
>>33009321
Kendo is the nip equivalent of sport fencing
>>
never spin around when you're righting like that cute girl
>>
>>33008939
>>33011878
yes it does. spinning is retarded
>>
>>33008736
I have a black belt in Tae Kwon Do. It's a defensive martial art. Alot of blocking and disarming. The point mostly is to block and dodge, gain the upper hand, and attack.

It's easy, pretty fun when you do it in a class environment and relatively cheap/available.
>>
>>33011878
>Her

Look closer.
>>
>>33014029
Pretty sure 'her' is correct, not all girls are girl (male).
>>
>>33014083
That's literally just a dude with long hair.
>inb4 watch your pronouns
>inb4 I say 'shove your pronouns up your noun'
>>
>>33014128

Wrong clip.

He was obviously referring the criticisms regarding the clip in OP.

So 'her' is correct.
>>
>>33014150
SHOVE YER FUCKIN PRONOUNS UP YER ASS?
>>
>>33014215
>SHOVE YER FUCKIN PRONOUNS UP YER ASS?
Only if 'she' consents ;)
>>
>>33014221
MY PRONOUNS
>>
>>33011479
>>33011479
>MMA Gloves
>Palm Strikes
nigger those gloves aren't helping at all, also who the hell is using palm strikes and hammer fists to fight people.
>>
>>33008736
>Taichi
>Shit Tier
Nigger that shit's good for your health, use it to supplement another martial art as a warmup and a cooldown
>>
>>33008939

If you spin, you expose your back.

It's quite fucking simple really.
>>
>>33009908

Oh god my sides.>>33009908
>>
>>33008736
No Kosho Shorei ryu, no Uechi ryu, no Chun Fa, no Shaolin. Why's your list fucking garbage. You have Brazilian Jiu Jitsu placed higher than normal Jiu Jitsu, it's literally the same system. Taichi is on there twice and why is sumo there, unless you're a fucking landwhale it's not even a real martial art.
>>
>>33009908

Oh god, the fucking guitar.
>>
>>33010547
Don't most soldiers go through like three days of combatives training?
>>
>>33010254
Are you suggesting it's better to not train at all because a "life or death" fight has no rules? Or are you saying the only ones worth practicing are the ones aimed at killing people?
>>
wow, there sure are a lot of opinions in here.

https://youtu.be/YvrvoBIq__k
>>
>>33014669

>Britfag army

Nope. Why train to fight hand to hand when a good old bit of windmilling will do the job?

https://youtu.be/GWLYmOorUho
>>
Martial art literally means art of war

Silo Operator is objectively the best martial art
>>
>>33008736
>accompany my ccw
kali; enough locks and strikes to stun your opponent and get out. Or just become a knife wizard.
>>
>>33014669
Why would they? The average soldier won't engage in melee combat in their entire career, even in a war zone. Even if they do it'll be with their bayonets.

It's a waste of money
>>
>>33014150
>clip
Fuck off, noguns
>>
>>33012559
My gym has classes every day but Sunday. Sometimes I go twice a day. When I was boxing I went 5-6 times a week.
>>
>>33014765
I'm American talking about Americans. I don't care what other countries do, they don't even matter.
>>33014821
I don't disagree but I didn't serve. I can't really think of many situations where it wouldn't be better to just shoot someone.

>>33014792
Good luck finding a place to teach that. Silat would be cool too. I knew a guy who practiced that and he was pretty badass.
>>
>>33008736
fuck your stupid list you don't even train. for self defense, mma is completely unnecessary unless you're going to actually be competing in mma (you aren't). and unless you've been training since you were a child (you haven't) you're not going to get very far competing anyway.

for self defense, you can train in literally anything (other than kid stuff(karate)) and protect yourself from any random encounter with a drunk asshole you might face.

look for a school that is taught by someone exmilitary or retired police and just train in whatever they teach. they'll be more experienced in dealing with situations with weapons than your average martial arts teacher.
>>
>>33014951

>they don't even matter

That's the kind of attitude that has your country currently looking like more of a joke that N. Korea.
>>
>>33009884
This

all of you are faggots
>God tier: MMA
especially you OP
>>
>>33015949
We could get a new president and then you would have nothing to laugh at. We don't even televise your country's election.
>>
File: dynamite.jpg (83KB, 500x673px) Image search: [Google]
dynamite.jpg
83KB, 500x673px
>>33014781
>>
>>33012559
ah yes the universal symbol of badassery, an ID card that proves you're a fucking E3

so you're boot as fuck, have never deployed, are definitely a leg and are also probably a POG?

impressive
>>
>>33014669
Combatives are mostly a mentality thing, instilling aggression and such now that bayonets are gone
>>
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suntukan

The fighting style of my ancestors. What's the verdict?
>>
>>33014669
eh it's a week for level 1, which infantry gets, and like 2 weeks for level 2 iirc, which not many get. Then there's higher levels, which I haven't done but you can do if your unit gives a shit.

it's pretty fucking stupid. level 1 is pretty much jiu jitsu fundamentals, like guard, mount, side control, straight arm bar, keylock, RNC etc, plus some clinch stuff, which is fine but they waste time teaching an extremely retarded, complex guard pass and some other stupid shit that ends up taking almost the whole course.

level 2 is better, it's got some boxing, some wrestling, plus some fun tacticool stuff and actual sparring.

the main problem with combatives is it's designed as an entire course, levels 1 through whatever, but most people get just level 1, which sucks on its own and really lends itself to the bullshit "immediately pull guard because I don't know what else to do," style that's so common in sport jiu-jitsu, which is the LAST thing you want to do in a real fight.

if it were up to me level 1 would consist of the aforementioned jits fundamentals, single legs, double legs, some greco crap plus knees for the clinch, enough boxing to shoot or clinch without getting punched in the face too much, then make the little shits wrestle each other until they're fucking vomiting blood. but I digress.
>>
>>33010764
Nah, dude is expecting a nutshot. You have to get him with a hit he isn't expecting, which is why I can beat him in one strike.
>>
>>33008939
I usually cringe like a motherfucker at spins, but this guy minimizes back to enemy time and its almost as if he's practicing vs multiple enemies
>>
>>33018056
Escrima is bretty gud, so I'd say it must be at least half way decent.
>>
>>33012668
>CAC card

Do you also visit your ATM machine, enter your PIN number and view your negative account balance on the LCD display. you fucking imbecile.
>>
File: 1463874343270s.jpg (9KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1463874343270s.jpg
9KB, 250x250px
>>33014588
>The Supreme Ultimate Fist as warm-up

It's good for you, and very bad them. Unless you use Yang form, then it's a less boring yoga.
>>
>>33019723
>The Supreme Ultimate Fist
The only reason people still revere that is because everyone who has used it learned it was bullshit and was too proud to admit that they got their ass kicked.
>>
Half Swording is top tier

also

stabbing > slashing
>>
>shit tier
>krav maga

Why though
>>
>>33008736
god tier would be advanced military take down tactics that take a pinch of this and a pinch of that mixed together for quick and brutal finishers.

none of that flippy flappy hand or kick shit, just a well placed kick to the knee or fingers to the eyes, groin, neck with a balanced knife
>>
>>33010851
You must get shitty martial artist.

In Judo or BJJ a black belt would kill you.
>>
>>33010893
Grappling IMO is to take someone's weapon away or kill them, also to control someone when you have back up.

You don't sit around waiting.

Most people don't understand.
>>
File: IMG_5379.jpg (64KB, 640x427px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5379.jpg
64KB, 640x427px
>>33011183
My gym is open 7 days a week.
Classes two a day.

We compete.
>>
>>33022636
A lot of people have the wrong idea about it being Jewish Mysticism, primarily due to the over abundance of McDoJos spruiking it recently.

At its base, it's Boxing and Wrestling, with a few innovations thrown in, developed by a champion Boxer and Wrestler.
>>
File: IMG_5311.jpg (89KB, 600x515px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5311.jpg
89KB, 600x515px
>>33011408
With grappling I am either taking away your weapon, killing you. OR controling you with backup.

Time and place.
>>
>>33022982
Great, I'm controlled, but my friend isn't.
>>
File: IMG_8178.jpg (205KB, 717x931px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8178.jpg
205KB, 717x931px
>ITT: Nothing but the toughest fighters and hardest badass bouncers and military

Glad I'm not the only one.
>>
>>33022990
Great.

My buddy has a revolver.
>>
>>33010547
Combatives is wicked cool, and I did it for a little while in the past, but my main problem with it is that it's impossible to train in a "real," scenario. You aren't going to tear someone's ear off or hit them in the throat or go for an eye or really knee them in the sack or fuck up a joint.

And then there's all the armed combat training.
>>
>>33008939
That's a good trick
>>
>krav maga
>bad
>>
>>33008736
god tier:
weapon retention drills + close-in shooting
meh tier:
krav maga, sambo (good luck finding a real trainer, fgt)
pissweak tier:
US SOF combatives
why are you even here tier:
any sort of martial art or anything else that goes on in a ring, on a mat, in a dojo or any other sort of gym ever.
yes this includes pencak silat and hapkido.
no you will never get legit SAMIcs or MUSAT training
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WM-hiVoQugs
no you will never be as cool as vidrelated
>>
>>33023448
They're fast as fuck but that looks like basic eskrima/fma or combatives stuff bro.
>>
You losers forgot the ultimate Martial art.

Rex Kwon Do.
>>
BJJ, if you can only take one. Or, great place to start. As anon above said, Krav and Sambo are great...IF.

I love BJJ. Unless you're dealing with a knife. You will get fucked up. Bad. Real bad. Problem with knife training in classes, is you know your sparring partner has one. And, he'll brandish it.

IRL, you won't see the knife until it's in you, if you're dealing with someone who really wants to fuck you up. You learn that lesson once. trust me.
>>
god tier: if someone approaches you with a knife, let them hit you twice then spam parry in case they go for a third
>>
>>33008736

>Good tier
>Judo
>Bad tier
>Traditional Jujutsu

Well you're clearly an idiot, so I'm not offended.
>>
>>33023337
Congratulations, then you don't need self defence.
>>
>>33012854

>john wick
that's steven seagal
>>
File: Kajukenbo-crest2.png (27KB, 150x150px) Image search: [Google]
Kajukenbo-crest2.png
27KB, 150x150px
>>33008736
Kajukenbo
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kajukenbo
>>
>>33008939
This guy was just trying to show the witcher style of sword fighting, all spinning shit. He wasn't seriously saying you should fight like this.
>>
>>33023496
> eskrima/fma or combatives
it's MUSAT, so basically US Navy Seal combatives with hapkido flavoring and a splash of whatever the fuck actually works irl
> fast as fuck
that's demonstration speed. they go faster in training
> basic
obviously you will only ever see the basics, unless you either actually train or fight with them
>>
This entire thread is a joke of circle jerking twatbags praising "My MMA/Combatives/Karate/TKD/Aikido is best! I love it!"

Coming from a near 19 year practicioner of Okinawan Gojuryu Karate, I can tell you it 90% comes down to the fighter, the instructor, and how hard you run your fundamentals. Everything has basics and principles you can build and branch from should you be willing as a martial artist to actively learn it. There are so many variables that go into it other than "My art can kick your arts ass!"

> Good Teacher/Lazy Student = Shit Fighter
> Lazy Teacher/Lazy Student= Most of this thread
>Lazy Teacher/Good Student = Dead
>Good Teacher/Good Student = Might actually have a chance of not losing his teeth
>>
File: idiots_who_LARP.gif (2MB, 360x246px) Image search: [Google]
idiots_who_LARP.gif
2MB, 360x246px
>>33008736
Muay thai and MMA grappling are excellent, actual combat techniques.

Everything else is build up and muscle memory practice. If you don't need to fight with your body, chances are you'll be using a gun anyways
Thread posts: 146
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.