[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Buy guns >proceed to tell everyone you know you own guns

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

>Buy guns
>proceed to tell everyone you know you own guns
>"lol when shtf I'll be sure to come to your house anon"
>"Bet you're ready for them zombies, glad I know where to hang out when it goes down"
>"Glad I'm your pal for when the Communists invade lol."
>acting surprised when someone tries to break in
>not realizing that if something actually did happen you'd be swarmed by idiots you barely know thinking you'd protect them.

Why do people do this? It's not even a paranoia thing, just common sense.
>>
I see no advantage in telling people I have guns. People who post on Facebook and such are asking to be robbed.
>>
>>33006449

I've tried to tell people not to publicly state they have guns in the house. Telling friends is fine, but posting "THERE BE GUNS HEER" on your front porch is stupid.

They do it anyway.
>>
>>33006449
Don't know.

Don't tell ANYBODY you have firearms. Family, Friends, nobody.

Somebody is going to run their mouth off. It always happens.
>>
>>33006449
Because you WANT a community when "zombies" attack you.
Look at the roof Koreans in the LA riots. Even nogunz friends can run water and supplies up and down, build barricades, hold melee weapons threateningly, etc. Hell, if things REALLY go to pot, you might well teach them to shoot.

You'll notice that history tended to be big groups of people sticking together, making food, and succeeding, not lone wanderers fucking shit up with magic swords like some novel.

Of course, the issues of theft and such make this more of a balancing act, but frankly if you live somewhere you're likely to be the victim of a home invasion or non-opportunistic robbery, you should probably move.
>>
>>33006449

>"lol don't go shooting up any schools ;)"
>>
>i make a hobby out of being paranoid
>i don't tell people about my guns because i worry that in the very unlikely event that the world goes to shit they will come to my house instead of being with their families
>i also fear the jokes and smalltalk that will accompany bringing up the fact i own guns
>>
>>33006449
>I spent years honing my marksmanship
>While you were partying I was at the range
>While you were having sex I got my CC
>When you bought video game I bought ammo
>And now that the world has gone to hell you dare ask for my help?
>>
File: 1449178749678.jpg (144KB, 900x652px) Image search: [Google]
1449178749678.jpg
144KB, 900x652px
>>33006728
it's not even paranoia.

It's like if you collect anything valuable, you don't put up a bigass sign on your front lawn saying "Rob me, I have lots of good shit."

That would be like telling people "I only carry cash, cards and checks are too unreliable" and then being surprised when some jackass tries to mug you.

>>33006628
>Implying most of those people would actually want to help.

I'm not talking about close friends or family here, I'm talking about the dipshits that tell every person they meet they have guns. Bob who works in accounting isn't going to show up to your house ready to help out, he's going to show up expecting you to take a bullet for him because he got donuts for the office once. These are the people who show up and get you killed, or worse, show up to kill you because they didn't prepare but they know you did.
>>
>>33006449
Do people do this?

Only my moll knows the extent of my preps, and even she doesn't know about ALL of them.
>>
>>33006702
As a young person who is into guns you have no idea how often I hear that.
>>
>>33006449
>proceed to tell everyone you know you own guns

This is where you fucked up.

OPSEC
>>
>>33007606
>it's not even paranoia.
>if i tell bob at work about my guns hes going to come to my house and demand things of me or steal my guns
>it's not even paranoia.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.