[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there a more Gunz series of movies than this right here?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 6

File: Tremors.jpg (21KB, 220x319px) Image search: [Google]
Tremors.jpg
21KB, 220x319px
Is there a more Gunz series of movies than this right here?

Five of them and a limited run TV series and the only gun error I've found in any of them is someone called a magazine a clip
>>
I saw the movie three days ago. Great laughs were had. Gotta root for Burt and Heather.
>>
funny how they used all semi-auto guns because it was cheaper, but it ended up making it more realistic

there is one big error
the "elephant gun" is actually an 8ga or 10ga shotgun
>>
>>33003537
The shells he loads into it are actually 8 gauge brass case slugs. Not sure it's an error
>>
>>33003537
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elephant_gun

>The caliber was still measured in bore or gauge—10, 8, 6, 4 bore, or even 2 bore
>>
>>33003562
no, the gun was an 8 ga shotgun
the error was calling it an elephant gun, but that's even more nitpicky than clip-mag
really, a quite small error, but an error

>>33003571
http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/Tremors_(1990)
not saying there weren't 8ga elephant guns, but the gun in the movie was a shotgun
>>
>>33003537

Well, that's not technically wrong for an old elephant gun. Big calibre, smooth bore, and overdimensioned. And that particular gun was clearly put in a 'historical' cabinet along with an old revolver, so not meant to be used. It just happened to be useful there and then.
>>
TV show was /k/ as fuck.
>Burt and new guy hunting shriekers.
>new guy has AK.
>AK jams.
>new tries clear malf, sheared case.
TV show where it goes into detail about malf.
>>
>>33003423
Dude. I had the tremors fucking Attack Pack. The first 4 movies, I've seen the 5th on Netflix.

Anyway my douchebag friend asked to borrow it, then we lost touch. I don't care if racoons skullfuck him to death, but I do miss my Tremors Attack Pack DVDs.

>Inb4 DVDs are outdated media

I'm old, I'm 30 so I get a pass.
>>
>>33003423
http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/Tremors_(1990)

Great movies (i've only seen the first 3). Too bad the actor who plays Burt is a diehard anti-gunner. Still, love the scene in the 2nd movie where he reads that Dear-John letter from Reba (wished she had stayed on) telling him it's not working out... oh! and PS: she wants her HK91 back! lel.. fuck that shit, keepin'the '91. :-)

I really can't think of any other movie with lots of guns except for maybe the pro-gun transformation in Judge Reinholdt's character in 'Beverly Hills Cop 2' where he had a trunk full of guns, and even more stashed all over his apartment.
>>
>>33003612
In what way is an 8 gauge shotgun with slugs not an elephant gun? You seem to be suggesting those two things are mutually exclusive, but they aren't.
>>
>>33003423
It was a good film and the 2nd was the best overall. Like Aliens in the alien franchise. Just the right amount of horror and action and in this case comedy.

Sadly it got worse and worse with each new film. TV series was suffering to watch. The only really good episode was the 'Night of the shriekers" but that was also kind of dumb by hand waving away their only weakness.

>these animals which are only alive for a few days before transforming have been trained to find heat blocked by rocks therefore they can see through 2 feet of solid dirt and reinforced concrete bunker to find the heroes
>>
Too bad the actor that plays Burt, Michael Gross, is anti-gun as fuck
>>
>>33004403
I'm 22 and own that pack, along with the original VHS. Digital can suck my tictac dick.
>>
>>33005745
If I recall they actually say "elephant rifle", so I think what he's trying to say is it was implied to be something along the lines of a nitro express chambered rifle, but was instead a smooth bored shotgun that was loaded with slugs.
>>
>>33006988
They never say 'elephant rifle'

They say 'elephant gun' at least once

>You didn't get penetration eve with the elephant gun
>>
>>33006003

Jesus wept, he's an actor, what difference does it make

When you go to a restaurant do you ask the chef if he shares political beliefs with you?
>>
>>33007206

Actually. I think he was a good choice for the character, because he gave it a bit of comedic flair. Makes him a lot more more sympathetic than if he had been the 1000-yard-stare ex operator type. And even with the funny bit he still managed to seem competent.
>>
File: 1447550428920.gif (1000KB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
1447550428920.gif
1000KB, 400x225px
>>33007191
Alright. Yeah. Double checked myself. Been a while since I saw the first one, so I guess I just misremembered.
>>
>>33007206
I think it probably would have been cooler as an after thought for people that give a damn about minute things. Like the gun passion came from the heart and was honestly put forth, like with Keanu, instead of just being some good acting and shrugged off.
>>
>>33005679
>Too bad the actor who plays Burt is a diehard anti-gunner.
You're half right
He was last I heard the years of playing the character and being aware how popular the character is among gun enthusiasts led to him getting more interested in guns in real life.
>>
File: 1473236616914.png (348KB, 507x380px) Image search: [Google]
1473236616914.png
348KB, 507x380px
>>33003423
>Tremors 5
>"banana clip!"
>Burt indirectly kills some poor guy and doesn't even flinch despite having lamented on how he didn't save the Mexican in 3
>All CGI
>Burt's "son" is some fat greasy hippy type
>>
>>33007390

I can see how that would make it more enjoyable if he was, but I fail to see how it would make it enjoyable just because the actor didn't like it.

I mean, we all love Burt because he's a comedic, eccentric gun shop owner that gets to blow away ayys with guns.

The actor is just there to bring the character to life. Everything about the actor aside from his portrayal of side character is meaningless.
>>
>>33004403
Fuck digitalfags. I've actually had people call me "old" because I own all of my movies and shit on blu-ray. What the fuck, why wouldn't you want a hard copy of all of your shows and shit? If you have a hard copy you can make a digital copy but you can't really easily do it the other way around
>>
>>33007552

Blu-ray? Listen kid. Back in my days we were watching shit on Beta. Actually now I think of it, I watched some home movies on Super 8 and they were crap but we liked it. Nowadays I have a fukkin wall of dvds and I aint letting no newfangled blue rays in.

And make no mistake. Every word above is true.
>>
>>33003423
Punt gun is god.
>>
>>33004403
I unironically buy all my new music on vinyl with the download option, best of both worlds.
>>
>>33004223
>Burt, a little problem my guns jammed
>Pull the bolt handle!
>I did that, I can see the casing stuck in there
Not bad gun oriented dialogue in a cheap scyfy original series. Shriek and Destroy is the best episode senpai
>>
>>33005745
they aren't /necessarily/ mutually exclusive, but the gun they used was not actual purpose built as an elephant gun (and probably never used as one)
>>
>>33003423
BROKE INTO THE WRONG GODDAMNED REC ROOM NOW DIDN'T YOU YOU BASTARDS
>>
>oh my god what is THIS
>grizzly single shot, .50 cal BMG, based off of a WWI anti tank cartridge
>ANTI TANK!?
>The rounds are custom cast from solid bronze
>>
>>33007191

>These arent shotguns, they're double barrel rifles, elephant guns!

Tremors made me go full /k/ when I was 8, shits so based.
>>
>burt: Heather's not coming back...
>earl: no?
>burt: She called and told me to send her the HK91.

Never have I felt more pain for a movie character in my life.
>>
>>33007479
Good to know!
>>
>>33012235
lol! fuck that shit, the guns mine, bitch. :-)
>>
File: 1455325102503.jpg (202KB, 680x750px) Image search: [Google]
1455325102503.jpg
202KB, 680x750px
>>33007513
i also didn't appreciate the anti-white themes, (the other main characters) and also the fact that the super-villain is a dutch Afrikaner,
to me i see that and I'm just like "really?"
im glad i watched it on netflix and didn't pay for it.
>>
>>33012601
>The anti-white themes
>Netflix

you better cancel your subscription over Dear White People, bub
>>
>tfw used to follow Michael Gross on Facebook

>tfw all he does is rant about gun control and Donald Trump

Oh well, he's an actor i guess.

Tremors GOAT horror flick
>>
File: 1487049529417.png (349KB, 615x409px) Image search: [Google]
1487049529417.png
349KB, 615x409px
>>33012601
it's because of (((hollywood)))
>>
>>33004403
I have the attack pack too, it's on amazon prime for like $5.
>>
File: 1457969284831.jpg (926KB, 1024x913px) Image search: [Google]
1457969284831.jpg
926KB, 1024x913px
>>33013365
trust me i already did bro, i saw the tremors movie on netflix late last year.
I've just been watching shit on Archive.org now since i don't do cable either.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.