[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is the Nugget still a good starter milsurp rifle? Milsurp stuff

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: 2001.jpg (22KB, 800x257px) Image search: [Google]
2001.jpg
22KB, 800x257px
Is the Nugget still a good starter milsurp rifle? Milsurp stuff has always appealed to me but I'm just getting into it now. It looks like I held off too long, as the price went way the fuck up.

And what's the best place to get one? Local gun store, person to person, or is there a specific online store that its worth doing a FFL transfer for? I remember drooling over classicarms back in the day but it seems that they're kinda normie tier instead of crazy grandpa tier like they used to be.
>>
Maybe if it was still a couple hundred bucks for a crate
>>
>>33002811
I don't see why not. 7.62x54R is still widely available with a variety of commercial loads; the cheap surplus has dried up, is all.
>>
>>33002811
>Is the Nugget still a good starter milsurp rifle?
not really, at this point you're better off getting a Yugo Mauser instead.

>And what's the best place to get one?
some online stores still sell some for a decentish price every once in a blue moon; your LGS might have some but they'll probably be overpriced.

if you want one just to have one then get it, but try to get one for about $200. Hopefully you've learned your lesson about waiting too long to jump on the surplus gravy train and have ordered a few Bulgarian Maks/P64s before they get super-expensive.
>>
>>33002853
I might go for a Yugo, I do like the Mauser aesthetic more.

I have been eyeing the Bulgarian Maks/P64s too though. Any recommendations on where to get those?
>>
File: 1484266602974.jpg (38KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1484266602974.jpg
38KB, 480x480px
Honestly that seriously depends on the person. I've been shooting since I was real little and a Mosin clad in polymer was one of my starting rifles my dad gave me. My first rifle was an AKM, and then a 30-06 fudd gun after that. I love the Mosin, the long heft and smooth kick are great.

But if you're a little bitch who thinks 5.56x45 is some shoulder-thumper, then you probably need something else to get.
>>
File: subterranean gook.jpg (46KB, 459x495px) Image search: [Google]
subterranean gook.jpg
46KB, 459x495px
>>33002811
Aren't they kinda close to an SKS in price nowadays?
Why go for a nugget when you could have that other one instead, firing the same cartridge and overall being better.
>>
>>33002892
Classic Firearms, SOG, GunBroker.
>>
>>33002811
its not cost effective anymore. if you want a mosin cause you want a mosin buy one. if you want a mosin cause you are broke and want a gun any gun and the mosins supposed to be a poorfags wet dream dont buy a mosin get something else.axis in 308 is cost effective. the ar 15 is the new poorfag gun
>>
>>33002923
Mosin is roughly 200 dollars or more.
SKS is 400 or more last i saw or heard.

Era of surplus mass produced weapons is over and all that exist before is drying up either because MUH PREPPING or people want to do weird shit with them.

Then there's just your average gun salesman that wants to make a giant profit on a cheap ass old rifle.
>>
>>33002923
>firing the same cartridge
Found the nogunz
>>
>>33002811
Wait until emperor Trump lifts sanctions on Russia my dude
Currently they're about $250
They'll go back down to $100
>>
>>33003140
No they won't. You people are insane. What do you think the importers were paying per rifle so you can buy them from Big 5 for $99? Russian collectors can go to a gun shop and buy a Mosin for $300 or $400. Why would they sell them to an importer for $5 or $10? Or even $100 so an importer can sell them for $300? It doesn't make sense.

Most of the Mosins that were sold here came from the Ukraine, Bulgaria, Romania, etc. and not Russia anyhow. They sold them dirt fucking cheap because the economy of the countries of the former Soviet Union were in the toilet. It's not now. They were selling all of their warehouses full of weapons for next to nothing. Not just Mosins, not just SKS', not even just AKs. They sold tanks, planes, warships, everything they could to make a quick buck. You could buy a MIG-21 15 years ago for $15,000 in US.
>>
>>33002853
>mauser
>better off
>$160 more
>a snowflake round

Vs.

>$250 Mosin
>cheap round

No
>>
>>33002811
A good entry into milsurp? Yes. A good entry into gun ownership or shooting as a whole? No.
>>
>>33005191
>Turk, Czech and Yugo mausers are more expensive than nuggets
>8mm mauser is more expensive than 7.62x54R

Have you been cryogenically frozen for 2 years or what?

>Czech mauser: $250
>Nugget: $250
>8mm mauser: 40cpr
>7.62x54R: 40cpr

Welcome to your new temporal home, but pls do check online about current prices before posting about them.
>>
>>33005403
>reccomending anything turkish
Yes to use the weapon that genocided my people is something I'm going to buy ffs. If I do I'm going to engrave οχι into it.

The other choices are good. I thought yugo were the bottom of the barrel
>>
>>33005937
Yugos are cash fampai, they're not as pretty as German Mausers but there's nothing wrong with them
>>
File: IMG_0347.jpg (1MB, 1504x3663px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0347.jpg
1MB, 1504x3663px
>>33002811
It's not bad but the price has gone up considerably. You can check gunbroker or tmc
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.