[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So it broke down, le brake meme, whatever. What disturbs me

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: 1431048153223.jpg (50KB, 620x349px) Image search: [Google]
1431048153223.jpg
50KB, 620x349px
So it broke down, le brake meme, whatever.

What disturbs me more is that the recovery vehicle was unable to move it.

How is it supposed to recover one of these things when it takes battle damage and loses multiple road wheels and its tracks? How does Russia think they're going to pull one of these out of a muddy ditch if their engineering vehicles can't move it when just the brakes are on and the armata isn't helping?? This seems like a very serious logistics issue.
>>
File: closer.jpg (2MB, 2812x2797px) Image search: [Google]
closer.jpg
2MB, 2812x2797px
just ask Americans how they do with 20t heaver tank
>>
>>33002774
Tanks stuck in the mudd are always a pain in the ass, if one doesnt work, you just pull with two in a row. As for the parade, my guess is they were trying to move get it moving and not just draggin it along no matter what, ruining the whole fucking street on the parade route.
>>
Have you tried moving a vehicle that hit the brakes? Fucking idiot
>>
>>33002774
You said it yourself. Le brake meme.

Ever tried pulling a car with its brakes on?

The tank rolled on its own power after an engineer disengaged the mountain brake.
>>
>>33002774
>How is it supposed to recover one of these things when it takes battle damage and loses multiple road wheels and its tracks?
With recovery vehicle on same armata platform.
>>
>>33002774
Literally every country developed the tank first, and recovery vehicle on its base - later. So it's a common picture in most armies to have a new tank and outdated evac.
>>
>>33002774

Hey. Every new thing won't completed without any mishap. Even Japanese advanced Type 10 MBT got its track shredded during first public demonstration. (Skip to 01:23)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPFCSMNxmWY

(Picture is how the Japanese visualized that incident).
>>
File: m88a1-crane.jpg (46KB, 667x475px) Image search: [Google]
m88a1-crane.jpg
46KB, 667x475px
>>33002813
Its easy to move heavy vehicles when your recovery vehicle isn't built on a T-72 chassis.
>>
mountain brakes are supposed to hold the take on like a 60 degree incline
ofc they are strong as shit, and ofc that low horse power vehicle can't drag the tank
>>
>>33002886
>Ever tried pulling a car with its brakes on?

Yes.

Still doesn't explain how it's supposed to move a vehicle if it's roadwheels are locked due to damage, a not uncommon occurrence on a battlefield.
>>
>>33003688
All sets of road wheels are wildly unlikely to lock since they ride on plaine, unbraked spindles. Double up on pulling vehicles and feel free to tear off minor parts, drag wreck to hard ground, then transport it as usual or repair in place.

Germans pulled Tigers with large half-tracks. Bring enough torque to the game and you can drag any vehicle. AFV recovery is mostly basic rigging and winching. Bring some cable and snatch blocks to increase your pull like every recovery vehicle all the way down to Joe Bob's tow truck uses and you can snatch many things.

There aren't a lot of epic tank recovery pics and vidyas available, but you can certainly learn the principles and geometry by studying heavy equipment recovery. The Tow411 forums have many threads with pics you can study to learn rigging. (Rigging familiarity is also good disaster prep knowledge.)
>>
>there's absolutely no way that a vehicle could lose it's ability to move its wheels
>brakes are magic and 100% resist all force applied to them
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.