[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So do you pretty much have to go ceramic plate for stab protection

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: BH_32HP_02_08_12BK_armor_front.jpg (41KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
BH_32HP_02_08_12BK_armor_front.jpg
41KB, 700x700px
So do you pretty much have to go ceramic plate for stab protection or are there better options to protect against a knife?
>>
File: S48-670[1].jpg (6KB, 220x220px) Image search: [Google]
S48-670[1].jpg
6KB, 220x220px
>>33001906
I have a related question that doesn't need it's own thread.

Last year I made the decision to trust my life on the street to Second Chance body armor. I got the level IIa because it stops the most rounds. plus I got the Trauma Plate for the front.

What scares me is that, although I can fit an extra trauma plate in the front, I cannot fit a second one in back. As of late I have taken to duct-taping a second trauma plate to the area of my back where the heart and vital organs are located. Then I put my vest on.

Here is the questions. The ducttape solution, although tactically sound, is hot and painful to remove. I would like to go to the single-plate solution in back. What I am worried about is repeated hits to that area with .308 ammunition. I have a high-risk security job and I fear that I would be the target for repeated long-distance shots to my back.

Are any of you aware of a thicker plate that could stop, say, .338 Lapua or something like that? Is there a better way to do the second plate?

BTW, I am, of course, usually carrying a pair of ceramic plates in my briefcase so that I can shield my head. My SO (we work as a team when necessary) has a similar accessory containing a breakdown NEF single-shot 300 WinMag with an 18" bbl. The plan is that I shield us with my body and “catch the rounds” while she assembles the NEF. I lay down covering fire with my 23 (Bar-Sto .357 Sig barrel) and she makes the long shots. I will then throw smoke grenades to obscure the area while continuing to lay covering fire. The problem, of course, is when I have to turn my back to run, and then the problem crops up.
>>
There are special anti-stab vests, no need for plates really.

But if you do go with a plate, why ceramics? An AR500 plate will laugh off any blade, and it isn't going to shatter any time soon. If you can find it then a 2mm plate of spring tempered medium carbon steel will stop any knife wielded by a human arm.
>>
>>33001925
You're gay
>>
File: 20170215_075839~2.jpg (809KB, 2361x2744px) Image search: [Google]
20170215_075839~2.jpg
809KB, 2361x2744px
>>33001906
Copfag here.

These run about $80, hold up really well, and are very lightweight.
>>
>>33001925
Gr8 b8, I didn't realize until the last paragraph.
>>
>>33001906
in an attempt to make homemade body armor, I took half a ream of paper and duct taped the shit out of it. It on stopped .22 rounds and bird shot. but you could not stab through it
>>
>>33001925
is is this from a movie?
>>
>>33002166
yes, Mr. and Mrs. Smith starting Brad Pitt and Angelina Jo Lee
>>
>>33002158
Nice.
>>
This is going to sound autistic, but if you really want to defend your torso against knives in an easy to hide way... proper riveted steel chainmail will stop any stabs (maybe thinner blades could get half inch, nothing a basic first aid kit could not handle), beides a triangular blade.

Although it's expensive, a good mail shirt is at lest $350, or hundreds of hours if you make it your self.

There is also Titanium mail, but that will be at lest $900 or much more
>>
>>33002384

Link to store that sells concealable chainmail for protection pls, you have me curious.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.