[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Military fags, is it worth it? Thinking of signing an 18x I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

Military fags, is it worth it?

Thinking of signing an 18x

I'm an adrenaline junky, meet every physical requirement, would love to fuck with advanced weaponry.
>>
>>32993545
You will never do it so shut the fuck up.

Was it worth it? For me yeah there was a war. You, no.

No go do your homework or whatever.
>>
File: 1451754255979.jpg (221KB, 1070x723px) Image search: [Google]
1451754255979.jpg
221KB, 1070x723px
>>32993545
>18x
You most likely get reassigned for not fitting to some shitty position and then hate yourself for four years.
>>
>>32993545
If you can score a 270 now, smart, and are very willing to embrace the suck. Yes.
However be very aware of needs of the army. If you back out of it at any point you may get stuck as a cook or worse.
The fact that you not sure is worry some.
Id go 11b and get a slot in Basic.
-a leven bang bang with 18x freindos.
>>
>>32993545
>18x

Good luck. No really. The guys I know who made it 18 series were fucking beasts who readied for like a year and they failed out on their first attempt at selection and had to go again.

In contrast to those two guys, I must have met at least a hundred soldiers who had sob stories about how "they would have been Special Forces if only the selection course hadn't screwed them".

Be ready.
>>
>>32993545

If that is what you want go op40. Being a pvriet in BAT is better than being needs of the army in korea
>>
>>32996069
>270

m8 if you aren't on the extended scale you might as well not even try
>>
>>32996130

There isn't a extended scale you just get +1 for every rep over a 300.
>>
>>32996155
>Autism
>Missing the point
>Arguing semantics while ignoring the main point
>>
>>32993545
Look man, don't do that.

Find an MOS that you can make good money in the civilian world with, then once you are in the army and get to your unit, express to your commander and 1sgt you want to join group.

that way if you fail, you have a fall back plan, because if you don't they will probably just stick you in the next class availible for a suitible MOS based on your asvab.

Basically if you try to just go straight in like that, you could fail and become a desk jock in some shop, hating your life.

I was an apache mechanic, in my AIT class I had 3 E.O.D. failures, basically EOD is seriously hard fuckin hard to pass but these guys are smart so they gave them a decent aviation mos.

You may not get so lucky.
>>
>>32993545
Bear in mind the physical requirements will be be the bare minimum, so make sure you can surpass them comfortably, as well as being able to carry heavy packs all day, all night, then carry a barrel for 12 miles across a ditch because reasons, grab a 4 wheeler thats missing a wheel and drag in back to where you started, while being constantly fucked with to see how you handle pressure and the plan going pear shaped.
>>
>>32996265
I had no interest in joining special forces, too much runnin and shit, but I did have two room mates and a dude in my last company try, all failed Sept the last guy, but he was a fuckin 5' 9" monster of a manlet.

Oh and btw, you can get peered out.
Basically
>no one likes you, bye.
>>
File: losing.jpg (109KB, 650x650px) Image search: [Google]
losing.jpg
109KB, 650x650px
>>32996199
>>32996130
>Autism
>>
>>32993545
19D after you finish scout school you can go to any other school you qualify for. most of us have been to several different schools, with the top being ab, aa , ranger/sapper, med ,eod,sniper,and if you make it through ab,and ranger,a spot in sf will be much easier to get,BUT you will have to sign on for at least an additional 2 yrs,if your original was 4. been several yrs since i was in,scout school was at ft. knox ky when i went,now its at ft. benning ga with the 5/15 scouts i think. hope this helps
>>
>>32996305
only one of those is me friendo

Let me rephrase my post since you seem to be retarded

"You better be scoring over 100 in each event, to the point which if you were able to be scored higher, you would be qualified to be so. If you are lacking in a single physical event, especially running, you should not even dream of applying for special forces yet."
>>
>>32996294
>be me, aviation
>company dindu nuffin she looked 18 I didn hav dat many beers sham shield asshole who scores well on PT test decides that he thinks he is hot shit, so he should go SF
>brags about training all the time for it, obnoxious as shit
>forgot to mention guy is universally despised as well as mentally slow
>gets peered out

good call
>>
>>32996324
are you a fucking recruiter

no joke, I got this exact line from my recruiter in 2008

p.s. air cav is the real cav
>>
File: 1486358987560.png (66KB, 810x800px) Image search: [Google]
1486358987560.png
66KB, 810x800px
>>32996398
here i was going to apologize yet i cant find that button on my reeree playskool keyboard
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.