[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where do you draw the line between being autistic and being prepared?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

Where do you draw the line between being autistic and being prepared? I have a gun in every major room of the house, at least 500 rounds of ammunition of every caliber weapon I own at any given time, I have several tubs of Mountain House dried food for emergencies as well as a reasonable stash of canned goods and a few gallons of water, and even though I spent ~400 on a DAC and quality headphones I feel like I can't even listen to music at the volume I want because I won't be able to hear an intruder. I live in a nice neighborhood. Am I a crazy person /k/?
>>
>>32983721
>Am I a troll person /k/?
>>
>>32983721

Seems like you're woefully unprepared, because you don't have a security system that will notify you of an intruder. Video surveillance systems for when you're out of the house, so as to protect your supplies/firearms.

Simple stuff.
>>
>>32983843
It's something I've definitely thought about, but I'm still renting places right now and not looking to buy just yet. My situation just doesn't work out for it. Definitely going to when I end up buying though.
>>
File: images.duckduckgo.com(13).jpg (153KB, 564x837px) Image search: [Google]
images.duckduckgo.com(13).jpg
153KB, 564x837px
>>32983843
A pupper is the only security system you really need.
>>
I have 12 firearms and more than 6000 rounds of ammo, and everything needed for reloading, and I have tourchcut receivers and parts kits to build once I weld them back together, but I don't think I'm autistic about it, just really enjoy the hobby

I want to compete with a friend in building a semi-auto firearm out of nothing but stuff bought from walmart for somewhere around $150-200, just to see who builds the better gun.
>>
I own a rifle, a shotgun, and some survival crap. I will live a few more days than the average normie if SHTF. Then I'll die hungry cold and tired, like them. Meh. It's a hobby.
>>
>mountain house

Dude

Buy DRIED GRAINS, BEANS, SPAM, AND POWDERED MILK

Shit like that is actual prep food and isn't overpriced
>>
>>32985846
I don't want SHTF to be compounded by a lack of flavour.

If these are potentially going to be my last meals they are sure as hell going to be tasty ones. I will be starting my apocalyptic day with oatmeal and raspberries whilst you shovel down last nights beans and powdered milk.

Overpriced only matters if you are poor
>>
>>32986052
Hot sauce fixes all.
>>
>>32986073
yes it does, but save it for when you are down to eating rat jerky
>>
>>32983721
>Where do you draw the line between being autistic and being prepared?
When people ignore current real-life issues for potential issues. Do you have a leaky roof or poor insulation or a dilapidated car? Health issue, bad job, etc? If you spend money on prepping instead of fixing your shit right now then you're doing it wrong.
>>
>>32986052
Sounds like you don't know how to cook. I'm not trying to be offensive here, but you're missing out. There's a plethora of long shelf-life foods and spices.
>oatmeal and raspberries
Great examples of stuff you can buy from the store - oatmeal and dried fruit are cheap and available anywhere, in bulk if desired, and have long shelf lives. The majority of moutain house food is like this. All they do is put it in same pack for you so you don't have to measure.

Just go to the store and look at the food on the shelves - dried and canned food - instead of refrigerated food. If you can live without your refrigerator then you're good to go. Try it, try living for a week without refrigerated items. Then two weeks. Then a month. Then you're ready.
>>
>>32983721
>Own a home
>listening to 400 dollar headphones inside of it.
yo'r austistic
>>
>>32990076
wat
>>
>>32983721
>$400
>quality
You can leave now.
>>
y'all are niggers posting in a troll thread
>>
>>32984122
This

Barks to let you know someone is breaking in and will attack them for you
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.