[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/k/omrades, I will be attending medical school in a very black

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: dogtor.jpg (312KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
dogtor.jpg
312KB, 640x640px
/k/omrades,

I will be attending medical school in a very black city. As such, I will receive great emergency medicine training, but I will also be at risk while walking around campus and the like.

I have never owned or seriously trained with a firearm, but I would like to concealed carry (while outside of school you commie fuckers) and to defend my domicile. I am considering a compact or subcompact Glock or Sig.

First gun recommendations thread pls
>>
>>32979848
Kys racist, >>>/reddit/
>>
>>32979848
S&W shield 9mm or glock 43 should be retard proof enough for you. Take an NRA basic bitch class and look around for reputable instructors to teach you how to actually shoot in defensive situations.
>>
>>32979848
I'm assuming you live in a state with good laws. Best bet is to hit up a gun store, see what your options are, hold em, feel em. Then go to a range that rents and try out the ones you're thinking of actually getting.

I'm a fan of the Glock 26, but I'm a manlet. Some people can CC a Glock 19. In the end, you go with what you feel comfy with.
>>
>>32979862
Also, fuck off antifa faggot.
>>
>>32979900
OP here. Should body size influence my decision? I'm tall and broad, should I opt for a different caliber or class size based on that?

>also nice dubby dubs
>>
>>32979942
I'm short and stocky. It's really all about what you're comfortable with, forget all the 9mm vs .45 bullshit. I like having the extra ammo that 9mm affords. Regardless, you're a grown ass adult haha, you'll be able to handle most common carry rounds. Like I said, feel around and see what you like.

>inb4 muh wound vectors and whatnot
>>
>>32979848

what exactly will you do with your handgun when you have to enter the hospital compex ?

AFAIK all hospitals are gun-free zones unless you are security or police
>>
>>32979862
> true statistics about demographics of crime in relation to race dont coincide with my small minded hugbox worldview so BUZZWORDS
>>
>>32979848

Lel are you in Baltimore?
>>
>>32979862
Holy shit, if you're not being ironic then you and all the people like you are the reason why /k/ sucks so much dick anymore. God damnit.
>>
>>32981228
Either Philadelphia, Syracuse or NYC
>>32980860
I would only carry on my own time
>>
>>32979848

Walther PPS M2
>>
>>32979942
yes and no.
yes for concealed carry (manlet + fullsize 1911 CC is a bad idea) but if you're a big dude it really shouldn't matter too much.
I wouldn't have it be a deal maker/breaker, but I would keep it in the back of your head of what would just make sense for your size.
above all, go what feels comfortable. not just speaking of size/handling but also recoil and other factors.

what sort of budget do you have, roughly?
>>
>>32981325
honestly with my loans I'm pretty open to just about whatever. my debt is going to reach fuck it level.
>>
>>32981280
LoL, UB? Excellent school, horrible location.
>>
>>32979848
>>32979894
>>32979894

this. M&P Shield or Glock 43.

also, get a collapsible baton for on campus
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.