[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>runfags https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N60 tjBa6OCc I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 15

File: 1484012702390.gif (3MB, 267x212px) Image search: [Google]
1484012702390.gif
3MB, 267x212px
>runfags

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N60tjBa6OCc

If you """"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""''run"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""
any gun then you should be in the place of the AR in this video and karl should be a truck pulling you down the highway.
>>
>>32978804
>knitpicking on how people say "I use a gun for...."
You probably don't even know how to run if you're mocking people for running weapons for different things.
>>
>>32978832
>You probably don't even know how to run
i put one foot in front of the other in a rapid motion, like everyone else.
>>
File: 1427088429206.jpg (79KB, 855x720px) Image search: [Google]
1427088429206.jpg
79KB, 855x720px
>videos from Karl the cuck.
Stop.
>>
File: 65465.png (375KB, 572x464px) Image search: [Google]
65465.png
375KB, 572x464px
>>32978804
I laughed more than I should have.
RUNFAGS B T F O
>>
File: 1468103285365.jpg (40KB, 650x450px)
1468103285365.jpg
40KB, 650x450px
>>32979067
pretty much. if those two arent dicking each other the world is a triangle
>>
>>32979067
>>32979090
>slavaboos still butthurt
>>
What is "running" a rifle
>>
>>32979460
What tactifags say when they choose a particular """""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""'platform"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""''
>>
>>32978804
Whats a better phrase for being able to use a particular gun with confidence and efficiency? Being able to "operate" a gun doesn't really do it, most people can operate a gun. Don't hate the phrase, hate the shitty users.
>>
>>32979617
Oh, so it's just what you're using, not a specific action? What the fuck
>>
>>32979659
>Whats a better phrase for being able to use a particular gun with confidence and efficiency?

I use a (gun) with confidence and efficiency.
>>
>>32979686
Sorry, let me have another shot. What's a better word for being able to use a particular gun with confidence and efficiency?
>>
>>32979703
nigga just say im good with this gun like a normal person.
saying you run an gun makes you gain 80 pounds in body fat.
>>
>>32979617
If the AR and AK pattern aren't "platforms" then neither are Intel or AMD.

It's just some lanemonkey mad that there are people who do anything other than shoot at soda bottles set on the ground or bullseye targets on a stand from a little table. Otherwise known as plinking.
>>
>>32979722
A platform is something you stand on.
>>
>>32979460
>What is "running" a rifle
Just replace 'run' with 'shoot' or 'use' and you'll convert it from tacticool LARPer speak to normal person speak.
>>
>>32979709
What if you're not good with it yet
What if you're good with an AR but today you're using a SIG that you've barely figured out how to work quickly

If you use something for a purpose you are running it. Nobody on tech spergs out if you say you run a sandybridge-kepler rig, but holy shit do you soda can slaughterers get your panties in a twist if someone says they're running a DPMS middy with a pinned 14.5" and without even mentioning how bad the rifle is.
>>
>>32979722
>If the AR and AK pattern aren't "platforms" then neither are Intel or AMD.

Intel and AMD both actually manufacture platforms though

>a raised level surface on which people or things can stand.

https://www.newegg.com/AMD-Motherboards/SubCategory/ID-22

https://www.newegg.com/Intel-Motherboards/SubCategory/ID-280

A rifle is not a platform in any sense of the word and anyone that refers to it as such is a schmuck
>>
>>32979742
>aspiring to be a normalfag
I think we found where the difference in priority lies. Please remove yourself, redditor.
What is the opposite of a tryhard, again? A casual?
>>
>>32979754
>What if you're not good with it yet
Then you say, I'm not that good with this rifle yet and that's why i'm shooting it today.
>>
>>32979768
>What is the opposite of a tryhard, again? A casual?

A heterosexual
>>
>>32978804
There is literally nothing wrong with saying "run" and karl is just a sperg.
>>
>>32979759
That exactly what the AR and AK are. How is a receiver not the same exact thing as a motherboard? How exactly is it not a standardized base upon which you build a specialized assembly to perform a specific task? This is what I'm talking about when I say if AR and AK pattern aren't platforms than neither are Intel and AMD, because building and running an AR is literally the exact same situation as building and running an Intel rig.
>>
>>32979791
move at a speed faster than a walk, never having both or all the feet on the ground at the same time.
"the dog ran across the road"
synonyms: sprint, race, dart, rush, dash, hasten, hurry, scurry, scamper, bolt, fly, gallop, career, charge, shoot, hurtle, speed, zoom, go like lightning, go hell-bent for leather, go like the wind, go like a bat out of hell; More
move about in a hurried and hectic way.
"I've spent the whole day running around after the kids"
noun
an act or spell of running.
"I usually go for a run in the morning"
synonyms: sprint, jog, dash, gallop, trot
"his morning run"
a journey accomplished or route taken by a vehicle, aircraft, or boat, especially on a regular basis.
"the New York-Washington run"
synonyms: route, journey; More
Show me where operating a firearm is mentioned.
>>
>>32979795
>a raised level surface on which people or things can stand.
>>
>>32979774
If you're not going to take your hobbies seriously don't practice them at all, fuckfence.
>>
Is Karl "with her"?
>>
>>32979795
If i glue rails to a mosin i guess that makes it a platform then.
>>
File: 1227483768982.jpg (72KB, 988x688px)
1227483768982.jpg
72KB, 988x688px
>>32979768
My use of normal in that instance wasn't really the same as normalfag but whatever, I'm glad you've been agitated enough to reply.

>>32979791
>a tripfuck
>trying to grown an e-peen on an anonymous image board without actually providing any exceptional content or anything that would set him apart from /k/ommandos
What general have you crawled out of to post this?
>>
>>32979801
>Only the one definition I choose out of six or seven possible definition matters
If Intel is a platform, so is the AR pattern. Intel is a hardware platform. Windows is a software platform. The AR pattern is a hardware platform. You build onto it, it is a platform. Stop being autistic in your pursuit of being as unautistic as possible, because it's not working.
>>
>>32979802
>being a faggot and making up terminology to sound "cool" is taking a hobby seriously

I was under the impression that taking something seriously included using correct terminology when referring to things regarding said hobby.

Thank you for showing me the error of my ways faggotanon, from now on I will just insert retard slang whenever I feel like it. I have seen the light of ebonics, truly they wuz kangz
>>
>>32979800
Right next to the definition involving programs. Which are RAN.
>>
>>32979818
>JARGON DOESN'T EXIST BECAUSE IT'S NOT IN WEBSTERS
Somebody better tel the .milfags to stop making up words when talking to eachother.
>>
>>32979814
>>Only the one definition I choose out of six or seven possible definition matters

>if a bunch of turbovirgins misuse a word for their terminology I can claim it is used properly when I misuse it.

Two grammatical wrongs do not make a right.
>>
>>32979804
>tactical mosin
>want.gif
>>
>>32979827
Nobody claimed jargon does not exist

please revisit basic reading comprehension and try again.
>>
File: 1252656742740.jpg (93KB, 1000x506px) Image search: [Google]
1252656742740.jpg
93KB, 1000x506px
>>32979814
>>32979818

Not that guy, but you don't need to refer to it as 'platform' all the time. Do computer fags call a CPU a platoform? No, they call it a CPU just like a rifle should be called a rifle. What you do when you call it a platform is try to make yourself sound cool by using the word, when actually, just like the rest of tacticool shit, you just sound and look like a faggot.

You're needlessly embellishing for the sake of vanity and to fuel your own delusions about being and OPERATOR.

People do the same with 'system'.

You're a LARPer, a faggot and you need to leave.
>>
>>32979844
That's literally what you are claiming. 'Run' is jargon. 'Platform' is jargon. I reiterate, nobody gives us shit for using terminology like this when dealing with computers. Everyone acknowledges that there is such a thing as a hardware platform that is built upon using software. You have still failed to prove to me that the AR receiver pattern is not a hardware platform that is built upon using component parts, which it objectively is. Spewing non-technical definitions from a dictionary does not change this.
>>
>>32979805
>>32979800
Is your refrigerator running and how well does your car run, also, don't forget to run those wires.
>>
>>32979863
No, they call a specific i5 6700k a CPU and call the Intel architecture a platform. You are being intentionally obtuse again.
>>
>>32979870
>That's literally what you are claiming.

>claim jargon is retarded
>retard thinks you are claiming jargon does not exist

>nobody gives us shit for using terminology like this when dealing with computers

That's because nobody talks to you

>ranting about platforms again

See my first post again.
>>
File: 1486259012018.png (446KB, 653x477px) Image search: [Google]
1486259012018.png
446KB, 653x477px
Someone with an actual job and doesn't LARP a tactical faggot here to say: you're all fucking faggots.
>>
>>32979878
>Is your refrigerator running
It's working
>how well does your car run,
it purrs like a kitten obv
>don't forget to run those wires.

>my car has wires
>>
>>32979814
>>32979795
>>32979722
>erroneously comparing guns to computers
>using a fictitious term that you haven't meaningfully defined to bolster this shit argument
>reddiot formatting
checks out
>>
>>32979885
Okay I will.

And you're still wrong. You should not be reducing yourself to terminology you would use to describe something to someone completely unfamiliar with the terminology in casual conversations at all time. Technical slang is called jargon. Jargon is not wrong. The AR pattern is a platform for the simple fact you build them from parts using standardized interfaces. You are wrong.
>>
>>32979913
>only cars have wires

Your fridge runs fins, your car is running well and you ran those wires wrong because you're a moron and now the framers need to fis the trusses you ruined.
>>
>>32979949
nope
fuckoff newtrip
>>
>>32979967
>newtrip
tripshitter in disguise
put it on so i can block you
>>
File: spider.png (8KB, 230x230px) Image search: [Google]
spider.png
8KB, 230x230px
>>32979980
i am anonymoose
>>
>>32979915
>>erroneously comparing guns to computers
>fails to define the error due to there not being one
They are the same.

>>fictitious term
>A hardware platform is a set of compatible hardware on which software applications can be run. Each specific hardware platform has its own machine language, and programs must be built specifically for a platform that involves a standardized type of processor and associated hardware pieces.
>In fact, the word "platform" has been extremely useful in IT to refer to the specific structures within which software programs will run. Tools like application programming interfaces (APIs) are used to make software compatible with a particular platform.

>A standardized technical base upon which various components can be assembled
>Not meaningfully defined

>>reddiot formatting
I shouldn't even dignify this with a response, but here it is; I've been on this board since before reddit was a twinkle in a leftist technocrat's fucking eye. Go climb a wall of dicks.
>>
File: 1485341741652.png (435KB, 1000x937px) Image search: [Google]
1485341741652.png
435KB, 1000x937px
>>32979932
>You should not be reducing yourself to terminology you would use to describe something to someone completely unfamiliar with the terminology in casual conversations at all time

Proper terminology

And yes you should, jargon is for retards and niggers.

>hurr the military uses jargon

Guess what the military is full of

>Jargon is not wrong

>Ebonics is not wrong

>is a platform for the simple fact you build them from parts using standardized interfaces

>basing his definition of something on jargon

>You are wrong
Not an argument.
>>
>>32980010
No, you shouldn't, because casualizing yourself is fucking cancer. If you have knowledge, you should be exercising it, not parsing it down to common conversational English just so any 14 year old that might be listening can understand you. Conversational English is not specific enough. You might have even had an argument against 'platform' had you skilled for the word 'pattern' instead, which IS specific enough, but you insisted on calling them all rifles as if you were referring to one single individual item, costing you the entire argument.
>>
>>32980051
>skilled
Shilled, obviously.
>>
>>32980007
there is no analogue to software or datastructures within firearms use.
you cannot draw a parallel between them, brainlet
>>
>>32980051
>because casualizing yourself is fucking cancer

>using proper terminology is casualizing but using made up nigger words is not

>If you have knowledge, you should be exercising it,
Yes

>not parsing it down to common conversational English just so any 14 year old that might be listening can understand you.

>haha don't speak English properly, use silly makemup nigger words so people around you that aren't also retarded nigger hipsters can't comprehend what you are babbling about

>You might have even had an argument against 'platform' had you skilled for the word 'pattern' instead

There is nothing wrong with the term pattern when referring to a group of rifles patterned off an original design.

Now you are bringing in actual terminology and telling me to argue against it but not your nigger babble?

>but you insisted on calling them all rifles as if you were referring to one single individual item

They are all individually rifles.
>>
>>32980079
Yes there fucking is.
Receiver; motherboard
Bolt; CPU
Carrier; Cooler
Buffer tube; HDD
Barrel; GPU
Gas tube; RAM
Caliber; OS
Ammo; Programs
>>
>>32980085
By your own admission the term pattern is correct, so as a synonym of it why is platform wrong?

And yes. Individually. We are talking about terms that are used in the collective sense.
>>
>>32979967
Are you running late for the cock sucking convention?
>>
>>32978832
>knitpicking
it's nitpicking you troglodyte
I hope you were fishing for this reply
>>
>>32980816
Yeah my panel where tripcunts suck my cock
>>
>>32978804
ITT memegafs mad that karl is horning in on their meme-memes
>>
>>32980921
Run
>>
File: harry-styles-unzips-pants-main.jpg (68KB, 560x423px) Image search: [Google]
harry-styles-unzips-pants-main.jpg
68KB, 560x423px
>>32981107
>Run
you better start
>>
>>32979659
operate
>>
I HATE the word run in the firearms community, but I'm a bit of a hypocrite since I "run machinery" or "run a welder"
>>
File: 1462358089017.jpg (22KB, 480x360px)
1462358089017.jpg
22KB, 480x360px
>>32978804
People that say they "run" their rifle are retarded, but actually taking the time to make a video that basically says "nu UH, I KNO HOW TO SCHOOT" is even more cringy.
>>
>>32979090
and if they are?
>>
I know what the FA does. And I know how pull the trigger. Am I """""""""""""""""""""""running""""""""""""""""""""""" it corrrectly? Or should I stick it up my ass and polish the muzzle break with my colon?
>>
>>32978804
I feel something has happened to Ian, like his personality is changing.
>>
>>32979067
its ok that your AK failed the mudtest, just dont be upset with Karl about it.
>>
>>32979878
dont you have like 10 rounds at a time to shoot or a suppressor to fuck up?
>>
>>32982978
the internet changed him. Imagine working hard to produce the pretty decent (for not being on a syndicated TV network) content that he does and having internet autists (like here and facebook) shit on him every single time theres a question of whether he might be right or not? hell, people even shit on them when they get stuff objectively correct. it'd get annoying after a while
>>
File: 1429988114846.jpg (53KB, 458x545px)
1429988114846.jpg
53KB, 458x545px
>>32979384
>>32983186
It's not about the AK mudtest, The point is Karl is the face of shilling in InRangeTV.
>2 hour 15 round glock interview with hudson
>HMG "Oh, smooth firing!" then 1 hour interview to make up for ejection problems
Ian could still be saved with ForgottenWeapons, but he participates so it's a doubt Karl didin't make him a shill for more money.
>>
>>32982978
I think his personality has been constant. His videos were just about historical facts about firearms originally, not his personal opinions. InRange has been exposing more of his personal opinions and foibles.
>>
>>32983308
Do you honestly believe a tiny ass company like HMG or Hudson, 2 brand fucking new companies with barely any capital, paid to have 2 guys who barely break 50k video views on a regular basis shill for their guns? Are you retarded or just obtuse? I know shill is the new meme term of the year but dont throw the fucking label on everything like you know what you're talking about. And by the way, if they were actually advertising it, they'd have to disclose it otherwise they could be taken to court over it.
>>
>>32983351
He's just trying to find anything that he can twist into a negative about InRange.
>>
>>32983351
This. They'd literally be better off buying a billboard. Does anyone have that reaction image of a /pol/ack crying and saying "YOU WERE PAID TO HAVE A DIFFERENT OPINION THAN ME"
>>
File: Side2BO-1.jpg (335KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
Side2BO-1.jpg
335KB, 1200x900px
>>32983351
>HMG or Hudson
>No capital
>Starting a gun manufacturing company with no backing
Did anybody ever tell you were a retard?
How come Karl and Ian get onto a 1k 9mm 15 round glock/1911 hybrid wannabe special snowflake pistol like it was the biggest dick in town? It shouldn't even be remotely interesting with all the other striker fired pistols on the market, with better prices.
>HMG
>Make STG44 copy
>But not really since it's all cocked up. (pic related)
>people ride it all over and pre-order
>Jam-o-matic
>Even the current Germans made a more accurate repro
>Chamber in anything other than 8mm kurz

Now MAC and InRange are all over it, excusing the flaws and not being realistic about it for "$ome reason"

>>32983434
>>32983450
I'm not trying to shit on InRange, they provide pretty good content but the cocksucking on HMG and Hudson is way too bizzare to be avoided.
>inb4 Mud tests
Stick it up your arse, I don't give a shit about both.
>>
>>32983254
Should i run my suppressor wet?
>>
>>32983481
>>No capital
Didnt say that, fuck stick. Capital is different than backing. Could you explain to your board of investors having to spend their capital on a throwaway endeavor like having InRange "shill" for them? No, because apparently you dont haven't even taken an intro course to business.
>It shouldn't even be remotely interesting
It shouldn't necessarily be, but a shit load of people were looking for information on it during Shot Show. Also, how many modern full metal frame striker fired handguns (with a grip angle of a 1911 to appeal to cletus) are there? Not many. Apparently you dont know this either, fuck stick.
>Jam-o-matic
Its an unreleased proto-type by their own admission wasn't ready for shot show that they brought anyway to quell rising questions about it. If the gun is still a piece of shit by the time it releases then by all means shit on it, but most respectable content producers will not immediately jump down the throat of product that hasn't released yet.
>Even the current Germans made a more accurate repro
You mean the .22 one? Because gun smithing a gun for .22 is completely different then producing a real deal rifle, and even still the internals are completely different. If you're talking about the PTR-44 then thats a massive piece of shit that doesn't work (and is also a released firearm, unlike the HMG) that costs 5 fucking grand and Forgotten Weapons already covered.
>>
>>32983547
With some oil in the baffles? sure, its a neat little trick to reduce a dB or two for a couple rounds. if by "wet" you mean with American Eagle polymer tip that you claim totes blew up your rifle and that you cant take responsibility for then go right ahead
Thread posts: 82
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.