[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What would have happened if the Japanese secretly had nukes in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 4-nuke.jpg (93KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
4-nuke.jpg
93KB, 640x480px
What would have happened if the Japanese secretly had nukes in WWII and nuked the USA back. Would the USA nuke them again and it would go back and forth until we like in a nuclear apocalypse now?
>>
File: nuke.webm (514KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
nuke.webm
514KB, 1280x720px
>>32969308
Say they nuked NYC from a sub on a suicide mission - I think the US would get really pissed.
>>
Thing is we were using nukes on Japan as we were building them. First was a test, second and third built were dropped on them. Not like we were holding back with a reserve of nukes. And Japan had no means of attacking the US sense planes were the only means of delivery at the time, they just didn't have the range
>>
>>32970118
/thread
>>
Nigga, they tried using hot air balloons to try and bomb the west coast. Didn't have a single good smg. Had to use home manufacturing. Used dated as fuck aircraft. Had warships with no electronic targeting help or even radar.

You think that nation is capable of making nukes?
>>
>>32969308
If Japan had the industrial base to make a nuclear weapon, everything else in the war changes as well.
>>
>>32970153
They had radar and their physicists were good.
>>
>>32969308
During the war, the Japs figured they had the resources to research one type of super/wonderweapon: either nukes, or massive coastal microwave lasers to incinerate landing forces.

They went with the lasers.
>>
>>32972626

They had the early concepts of radar in their university research labs. Then when the war in China started, they drafted their physicists and turned them into infantry. A number of them died fighting in China. This pissed away Japan's near-parity radar technology and left them with the worst radar technology out of the major combatants and consistently got their asses handed to them by Americans with good radar.

Imperial Japan was like that.
>>
>>32970118
I believe the 'demon core' or a similar piece of material was designated and being prepared for the use of the 3rd bomb just before they surrendered. Not saying that we had bunches of it laying around, but I think they had enough for a couple more.

But yea, the delivery capability is the other big thing.
>>
>>32972802
The entirity of jap history is just anime irl, isnt it?
>>
>>32974693
>They had the early concepts of radar in their university research labs.
Actually, they had actual radar warning systems.

You should read more, or rather, read anything at all, and absolutely never post again.
>>
>>32975122

You should do some reading on how shit the Japanese radars were, and how poorly radar technology was understood in the IJN and IJA. Their lack of attention to radar technology pissed away their early advantage in radar theory in the 30's.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.