[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So today I was given two pistols by an old friend who did not

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

File: unnamed.jpg (119KB, 1602x901px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.jpg
119KB, 1602x901px
So today I was given two pistols by an old friend who did not want firearms in the house any longer because he has kids (I argued against it but he wouldn't budge and hey free guns)

What is this revolver? It is a top break and has 35 767 3 1/2 tons on the side but that is really all I can find probably due to wear.

The other is an older Sig P230 SL that shoots 9mm kurz which is apparently just 380, but it sure is nice.
>>
File: unnamed (1).jpg (64KB, 1602x901px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed (1).jpg
64KB, 1602x901px
Close up of the writing I could find
>>
It has BMP and a crown on it in various places as well.
>>
It's a cut down webley \
>>
>>32964659

it's a webley, a shit british design that is awful

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Webley_Revolver
>>
>>32964659
Looks to be a snub-nose Enfield/Webley revolver.
Some more info on this page:
http://www.a-human-right.com/enfield380.html
>>
webleys are fucking terrible

the P230 SL is a nice little gun
>>
>>32964674
>>32964673
Well that is interesting, at least its a historical piece I suppose, can go with all my other surplus funs.

I am assuming its probably not the safest thing to shoot then?
>>
>>32964688
>I am assuming its probably not the safest thing to shoot then?

eh, it would be safe enough to shoot, just don't use +P ammo

totally unfun and shitty though, the triggers are awful and they are just all around poorly made
>>
>>32964706
Well fuck, it will just be a wall hang then.

Thanks, I fucking love you guys.
>>
>>32964688
Don't listen to the faggots, there's nothing really wrong with a Webley, the .455 ammo is just gonna be a bitch to find. It's your standard old service revolver.
>>
don't dry fire the webley, it has an old style fixed hammer and dry firing can cause it to break itself
>>
>>32964720
If it was that I would probably find ammo just to play around with it, but I am assuming this one is probably a S&W38 or 380 model?
>>
>>32964720
>Don't listen to the faggots, there's nothing really wrong with a Webley, the .455 ammo is just gonna be a bitch to find. It's your standard old service revolver.

it does not look like a .455 to me, it's a more rare .38 probably

it's not a good gun brah, bad trigger, bad machining, clunking, not ergonomic, just bad
>>
>>32964725
Yeah I am always squeamish to dry fire anything, I have dummy caps for all the calibers I normally use just in case I need to dry fire for any reason.
>>
>>32964737
>If it was that I would probably find ammo just to play around with it, but I am assuming this one is probably a S&W38 or 380 model?

it's probably this caliber

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.38-200

i would shoot it just so you can see for yourself how bad it is and to say you have fired one
>>
>>32964720
>>32964737
Actually it's the .38 S&W model. Which may actually be a little easier to find. Even though .38 S&W is almost as esoteric.
>>
Apparently the webleys saw use during the Rhodesian fun times, it just went up a few points in my surplus collectio
>>
>>32964741
It's perfectly serviceable if you like revolvers, if you don't that's fine but they are serviceable guns and you're being contrarian for the sake of it by denying it.
>>32964744
It's a fun gun though the amount the inporters chopped it by reduces it's effectiveness but it's a .38 S&W and the .38/200 is about as effective as it gets with that.
>>
>>32964754

that is one ugly pistol
>>
>>32964778
>It's perfectly serviceable if you like revolvers, if you don't that's fine but they are serviceable guns and you're being contrarian for the sake of it by denying it.

it's bad compared to any quality revolver made by colt or s&w or Ruger, i would say worse than Taurus by far

the trigger pull in double action is comical, i have fired one
>>
File: k204675_CRW_2789.jpg (51KB, 900x600px)
k204675_CRW_2789.jpg
51KB, 900x600px
>>32964783
Eh, different strokes and all
>>
There is a reason why they stopped making these for export in large numbers

the reason is nobody would buy them
>>
Well I am going to clean her up and get her back to 98% and put her on display, worst case its an interesting story at least. I think I will fire it a few times just to see.
>>
>>32964794
I'm used to really bad triggers and it's heavy and long but acceptable, on a scale of 1-10 with 1 being Nagant and 10 being a tuned Colt I'd rate it a solid 5.5.

A bad gun is one that does not function reliably, a webley will function reliably but not be a sublime experience.

>>32964814
That and everyone moved past revolvers when they could.
>>
>>32964849
>That and everyone moved past revolvers when they could.

the thing about the webley that makes it a joke is the brits were using it as a sidearm in WWII when the USA had the wonderful 1911 and the Nazis and the superb luger the brits were still using this thing that looks like a midevil torture device, had they stopped making it in 1899 like they should have it would not be such a joke, but I think it was in service till the 1960s which is just laughable
>>
>>32964821
Good luck to you, snub noses are silly but they are also fun and top breaks doubly so. Also you can use .38 special speed loaders if you feel like it.

>>32964873
It was a matter of what they had in inventory and were set up to make, lugers were a rare commodity and it wasn't until the interwar period that all the Colts were phased out.

Sidearms are for autists like us to sperg out over and officers to play around with mostly. Unless you count trench raids but even then 8 shots compared to 6 and only being issue like two magazines isn't really much of a difference or are a German storm trooper with a snail mag
>>
>>32964659
It's probably a fucking family heirloom, if so your friend traded off his grandfathers carry pistol because
>muh kids
>>
>>32964956
>It's probably a fucking family heirloom, if so your friend traded off his grandfathers carry pistol because

i don't think they ever issued the .38 snubby, i think it was a retail only pistol
>>
>>32964967
That's what I was implying. It was a retail gun that was purchased by someone to be carried in a pocket or something.
>>
>>32964956
>>32964659

>dindus break in
>rape wife to death
>beat kids to death
>shoot you in the head
>your last thought: if only I hadn't given away that Webly and Sig....
>>
>>32964994

you know you are having a bad day when all you can think of is "oh god i wish i had a webly"
>>
>>32965006
I don't get ppl like that. a kid-proof safe for 2 handguns can be had for like <100bx. bolt it into your closet with some screws and that's it.
>>
>>32965051

just cucks who will do anything the wife says, you know it was not his idea

i keep my bedside gun in a safe with a finger print scanner, i can get it in 1 second
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.