[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm probably retarded but how to laser sights work? I mean

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: Biff.jpg (7KB, 239x211px) Image search: [Google]
Biff.jpg
7KB, 239x211px
I'm probably retarded but how to laser sights work? I mean they have to be angled for the beam to intersect the path of the bullet but then they go on forever on that line so really isn't there only a small range at which they're accurate?
>>
>>32962117
same with other sighting options
>>
>>32962117
>so really isn't there only a small range at which they're accurate?

yeah...

what's the problem?
>>
>>32962197
If it's accurate at 10' it'll be off by a foot at 20'
>>
>>32962117
>they have to be angled for the beam to intersect the path of the bullet

What? No they don't. Just remember the bullet will hit however far away the laser is mounted from the bore.
>>
>>32962117
>they have to be angled for the beam to intersect the path of the bullet
This is where you are wrong. They're supposed to be parallel to the bore of the barrel, so no matter the range the laser dot will be about an inch below where the barrel is pointed. By the time you're far enough away to worry about bullet drop the laser dot will probably not be very visible to begin with so it's a non-issue.
>>
>>32962117

at handgun distances with a pistol it's a non issue
>>
See, told you I was retarded
>>
File: 1486251450971.jpg (7KB, 211x231px) Image search: [Google]
1486251450971.jpg
7KB, 211x231px
>>32962117
>>
Crimson Trace laser grips are sighted from the factory at something like 15 or 25 yards. They can be adjusted though.
>>
File: P-51BSD.gif (31KB, 468x632px) Image search: [Google]
P-51BSD.gif
31KB, 468x632px
Depends, are you flying a P-51?
>>
>>32962212
If it on a Nerf gun yes, firearm no.
>>
>>32962117
They're zeroed with what's called "constant offset" which means that the beam hits the target two inches left and one in high for example on rifle mounted IR lasers because the diode is that distance from the bore. This way, no matter where you're shooting, your laser will be one inch high and two inches left of where the bore is pointing.
>>
>>32962234
Uhhh no
>>
Maybe he's talking about ballistics
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.