[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the /k/onsensus on snubnose revolvers? Are they good

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 7

File: Smith_wesson_60.jpg (11KB, 392x300px) Image search: [Google]
Smith_wesson_60.jpg
11KB, 392x300px
What's the /k/onsensus on snubnose revolvers? Are they good carry guns or should I just stick with my 9mm?

Tried out a 4" GP100 at the range the other day, was my first revolver, felt great, is there really that much difference with, say, a 2" barrel?
>>
>>32955373
Snubs are quite adequate for CC, a 5 shot .38 with a 2" barrel works just fine.

>is there really that much difference
Yes, for .357 Magnum, you see a noticeable drop, there's special snub loads in .357 Magnum, which evens some things out, but for ease of use and handling, I would rather suggest some high quality .38 Special +P Hollowpoints (or maybe Underwood XPs), they do quite a good job and the things are easy to handle.

An SP101 or GP100 with a 4" barrel is a good general purpose kind of gun, something to keep in your car or open carry.

An SP101 with a 2" barrel (and optionally bobbed hammer) is a handy concealed piece, right kind of weight and size, with practice it's a breeze to shoot .38s from one, and it's hardly difficult to hit what you're aiming at within typical defensive distances.

That said, if you like your current 9mm, you can also stick with it because it's generally a good choice.
>>
File: MODEL 640, 38 SPC.jpg (460KB, 4496x3000px) Image search: [Google]
MODEL 640, 38 SPC.jpg
460KB, 4496x3000px
>>
File: 20160812_115215.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20160812_115215.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
>>32955373
Not to mention most snubs are on a much smaller frame then the gp100. I carry a charter arms 38 and love it.
>>
File: 357vs38.png (209KB, 1017x1052px) Image search: [Google]
357vs38.png
209KB, 1017x1052px
>>32955373
barrel length is everything for revolvers.
standard pressure .38 special from a 4" barrel is more powerful than .357 from a 2" barrel, while having less than half the recoil and muzzle blast
the sight radius makes shooting accurately very difficult.
however if you're looking for a pocket size carry gun for any outfit, there's nothing more reliable or powerful. despite the cylinder being wider at its peak than a slide of some semi autos, the rest of the gun is much slimmer, and the outline of the gun is far less distinct to an observer than a pocketed semi auto
>>
File: lcr.jpg (29KB, 475x352px) Image search: [Google]
lcr.jpg
29KB, 475x352px
They are adequate but in terms of raw performance, the poly subcompact is superior. The 9mm performs better out of short barrels, is lighter, has higher capacity in most instances, and will have more choices for corresponding ammunition. That doesn't mean they're easier to use or shoot, but they're more common because of the price and ease of concealment. In my experience with snubs the grips are better, the DAO trigger is smoother, and the operation style is easier except on reloading. The recoil on an airweight 38 tends to exceed the 9mm.
After watching so many women struggle with the springs on sc pistols, most of them immediately take to the revolvers. A few of them worry about not having a safety, but you know.
>>
File: 1482490806900m.jpg (159KB, 1024x640px) Image search: [Google]
1482490806900m.jpg
159KB, 1024x640px
Snubs are sexy
>>
>>32956866
If a woman is too incompetent to work a slide, she can't be trusted with a firearm.
>>
>>32956892
Thanks, Yankee Marshall. When you take that cock out of your mouth why don't you go talk to a few women and men with arthritis and get back to us.
>>
>>32956285
This.

Get the semi happy medium compramise and get a 3" .357 mag revilver and use hot .38's
>>
This is an excellent video talking about 38 vs 357 out of a short barrel.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27wDLjY5JSs
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.