[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any of you /k/ommandos have a dream about a defensive shooting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 11

File: img-gun-self-defense.jpg (121KB, 974x600px) Image search: [Google]
img-gun-self-defense.jpg
121KB, 974x600px
Any of you /k/ommandos have a dream about a defensive shooting situation where you pull out your gun and pull the trigger but the trigger is so heavy that it's impossible?
>>
Nope, but I did have a similar dream about shooting someone and the bullets would just bounce right off them. Another frightening dream I encountered was when my rifle/handgun was empty...
>>
My dream is that when I pull the trigger my pistol goes full auto and I magdump into the guy in a second. The part that bothers me is that I realize the gun is full auto but I keep the trigger pulled and enjoy it.
>>
File: 1456456752329.jpg (40KB, 619x464px) Image search: [Google]
1456456752329.jpg
40KB, 619x464px
>>32954958
I had a dream where I magdumped into a guy no problems, but had ridiculous overpenetration. The dude's laying there dead, and I'm finding holes in walls and appliances and trying to figure out how the hell I'm going to replace my refrigerator before all the food goes bad, but the cops won't let me leave to get a new refrigerator because I haven't "properly disposed of the body yet".

Subconcious is trying to tell me that 7.62x51 probably isn't the best home defense round. Dreams are weird.
>>
>>32955472
ATFD is coming in your subconsciousness tonight.
Hold on to your dream pupper.
>>
File: 1486509063608.jpg (140KB, 780x1133px) Image search: [Google]
1486509063608.jpg
140KB, 780x1133px
>>32954958
I always shoot them, all the time, no issues. Even in the ones that should've scared the shit out of me.

>Freshly not noguns, still living with parents.
>Got a bitchin' No. 4 MK2 at a local gun store, keep it by the bed loaded
>Wake up one night to glass shattering in parents bedroom
>Oh fuck it's Tyrone and he wants to run a train on my dad
>Grab my Enfield and go over to top
>Burst through the bedroom door and there's a hooded figure standing in front of the window looking down at the bed
>It turns up and there's nothing but a gaping mouth on its grey face
>My ears are filled with screaming
>100% calm, shoulder the rifle
>Wake up
>>
File: 1427561279620.jpg (10KB, 219x187px) Image search: [Google]
1427561279620.jpg
10KB, 219x187px
>>32954958
No but I've had dreams of getting into fist fights and it's so hard to swing. Like I'm punching underwater. I get the same feeling with my legs when I run in dreams too.

The brain is a weird fucking organ, man
>>
File: rally vs home invasion.jpg (80KB, 1229x520px) Image search: [Google]
rally vs home invasion.jpg
80KB, 1229x520px
>>32954958
I had a dream about a home invasion. I hid my gun in waistband and then went downstairs and co-operated with the burglar until he was leaving out the door, then yelled "Hey, faggot!" and after he turned around I Mozambique'd his ass.
>Then I started to freak out because of all the /k/ threads that talk about castle doctrine laws, so I walked to the top of my staircase and flung myself down with intention to use any injuries sustained here as a "there was a struggle, I feared for my life" excuse.
The falling down the stairs woke me up.
>>
File: 1484487526190.jpg (212KB, 1000x517px) Image search: [Google]
1484487526190.jpg
212KB, 1000x517px
The only dream that I can remember about being in a defensive situation was one where I just let the guy kill me after realizing that my life didn't matter anyway and it'd be easier than having to deal with the police
>>
>>32955564
I even have that anime moment of peace and silence. When we exchange glances as I depress the trigger. His eyes widen as he realizes what is about to happen, that he has lost. Then abruptly, full on gore.
>>
Whenever I have dreams about shooting someone the bullets just hit them like airsoft bbs and they flinch.
>>
>>32955610
I have the exact same dreams

Its good to know im not the only one
>>
>>32954958
I have definitely had this dream several times. I thought I was the only one.
>>
File: 1486614872522.gif (2MB, 275x275px) Image search: [Google]
1486614872522.gif
2MB, 275x275px
Guys, what if I don't have dreams
>>
>>32955505
>7.62x51 probably isn't the best home defense round
not if you are in the US and all your walls are paperthin drywall
>>
>>32955610
>>32956443
>punching in a dream
I actually wondered about this and read some about it on the internetz
allegedly it's because in a dream there is no real mass for you to punch, only your brain's imagination and that is not enough to stimulate a reaction and when you can't feel reaction from the punch your brain gets confused so the punch comes out as all retarded
it's strange tho, because by that logic shooting firearms should also be impossible because of recoil

dunno, dreams and human subconciousness are weird shit
>>
>>32955574
>grab my enfield
bahahahahah my sides
>>
I've been having a recurring dream where I run into a black bear out in the woods with my pit bull. My pit always runs away and I pull out my 1911, and then it always jams. I don't remember anything after that.
>>
>>32954958
This isn't a phenomenon about guns at all. Often when you dream things fail to work. It's the quirk of dreams.

I can be driving a car in a dream, brakes don't work. Go to punch a guy, arm is incredibly sluggish.

It's just brain psychology. One of the ways to tell your dreaming is things don't work. You'll notice words on signs aren't right, digital clocks won't tell time, and try to flip a light switch. You can't alter the light level.

I've trained myself to be aware of this and I've done what's called lucid dreaming. It's being aware your dreaming so you can do whatever, it's like the ultimate holodeck or fantasy fun time in your head. Anyway I'm going on a rant that probably sounds like the plot of Inception, so I'll see myself out.
>>
>>32955610
Fucking this. And just being weak in general. I usually wake up in a cold sweat.
>>
Just the dreams where I shoot someone but never have enough bullets because I had a 9mm. It's sort of like that dream where you keep finding something to pee in every 15 minutes but can never empty your bladder, then you wake up and your bladder is so full you can barely sit up without it hurting.
>>
>>32955574
Describe the nightmare nigga in further detail.
>>
>>32954958
you are deeply insecure about self defense and feel like you will fail when the time comes.

go to the range more and take a class or two.

/thread
>>
>>32956578
I have dreams that my gun malfunctions at a crucial moment all the time. Maybe it's because I tried it with a KKM barrel one time and it malfunctioned every other mag. Switched back to stock barrel and it ran like a top.
>>
>>32956578
Black bears are cowardly as fuck, they seriously get chased off by housecats with some regularity.

Use a harsh tone of voice and tell him to take a hike.

>>32955633
I'm imagining a guy smiling from ear to ear after shooting, then getting a sudden realization and starts throwing himself down his stairs repeatedly.
>>
>>32954958
no but i had this dream like 2-3 times now and it doesn't really match up with my life and its always incredibly detailed, i once even knew in the dream "this is a dream, wake up" but i couldn't, i couldn't shake it, it feels so fucking real...

>be on bus in large city
>looking out the window as bus is driving on the outskirts of city
>suddenly a bright light on the other side of the city
>oh god no no no noooo
>its a nuke
>it just misses the city but the shockwave destroys buildings
>a skyscraper falls
>windows break
>a couple small explosions
>dust, sand and shit everywhere
>bus gets hit with shock wave
>bus flips over
>everyone is either gone or dead when i wake up
>i imediatly pick up my backpack and pull a gas mask, glock 17 and 4 mags, and a satalite phone/radio thing out of the bag and start moving out of the bus

and the dream ends.

it was like i knew it was going to happen before hand.....

>why i have glocks but not a glock 17, bad vibes yo.
>>
File: 1485718875820-aco.jpg (58KB, 743x493px) Image search: [Google]
1485718875820-aco.jpg
58KB, 743x493px
I just woke up from a dream where I somehow went to jail over a speeding ticket. It was kind of fun at first. A lot of people in school were there. I was only in for like a month. Then I freaked the fuck out because I realized I would lose my current job and my future efforts of becoming a LEO would be obliterated.
>>
>>32956753
>that dream where you keep finding something to pee in every 15 minutes but can never empty your bladder
It's worse when you dream that you're incredibly fucking thirsty, like you keep looking for something to drink because you don't stop being thirsty, you drink until you're full and you're still thirsty, then you wake up thirsty and really have to pee.
>>
>>32954958
I did, but it fucked my court case.
>>
>>32954958
I feel like I did have a dream similar to that once. I think the gun malfunctioned or something but it's been so long ago I can't really remember the details of the dream.
>>
>>32956466
It means you smoke too much weed.
>>
>>32954958
I have the same but with an knife: I slash and stab but it has almost zero impact.
>>
>>32956753
>>32956809
what's even worse is when you're dreaming you really have to pee and find a urinal or something in your dream and start to relieve yourself, then mid piss you wake up and realize you've wet the bed
>>
>>32956867
Fucking hate that shit, happens every once in a while.
>>
File: Fury_of_Chaos.png (476KB, 441x675px) Image search: [Google]
Fury_of_Chaos.png
476KB, 441x675px
Anyone else very rarely or never died in a dream? I only ever died once in a dream where I was eaten whole by "Jaws," but the dream continued with me in ghost form helping my friends survive. IRL, I never swim too far from shore at the beach because you can't do shit if a shark decides you're on the menu.

Also, the only time I was ever beaten up in a dream was when a flying shapeshifting demon was after me. Just as it was about to kill me, I remembered my Buck 119 and gutted the fucker. Normal people in my dreams can't hurt me though; anyone else like this, too?
>>
File: ch-Phonomiter LG.jpg (42KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
ch-Phonomiter LG.jpg
42KB, 500x333px
>>32956867
Happened to me last month. Most relieving piss I ever had in a dream; most annoying when I realized what was happening.
>>
>>32956766
That was kinda gay but ok
>>
File: 15758448.jpg (22KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
15758448.jpg
22KB, 400x400px
>>32956867
>>32957337
>>>/hm/
>>
My first (and no longer) pocket carry gun was an LCP and yes I have dreams where I have to shoot someone and the fucking trigger pull is so long and I have to really pull and pull befire it will break, like a 50 lb pull with 6 inch travel
>>
>>32956766
>/threading yourself
>>
>>32958234
How the fuck is that /hm/?

>>32956867
I haven't wet the bed since I was a little kid, do you guys have issues or are you just really old?
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.