[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Find a better knife for 20$ Byrd (Spyderco) cara cara 2

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: 20170210_201332.jpg (4MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20170210_201332.jpg
4MB, 4032x3024px
Find a better knife for 20$
Byrd (Spyderco) cara cara 2

Protip: you cant
>>
>>32953976
One of the benefits of owning a Spyderco is you won't have to worry about cutting your fingernails.

Skip the video to 4:10

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VdbVCmj8Es
>>
>>32954047

The XL manix is next on the list for me
>>
>>32953976

I rather get a rat 1.
>>
>>32954165

The rat 1 doesnt turn me on as much. Doesn't give me the second kind of cool. I like the looks as well as the use in the manix 2
>>
>>32953976
20$ brand new?

Where?
>>
Mora.
>>
>chinkco
No thanks
>>
>>32954196
>second kind of cool
>watches Nut'nfancy
>cancer
>>
>>32953976
Kershaw leek
>>
M O R A
O
R
A
>>
>>32957201
Leek is double the price
>>
opinel no.8

all memes aside they are fantastic.
>>
>>32954047
apparently their ball bearing lock isnt so great, the knife in ops pic is lockback though which is considered to be a much stronger lock. Also all kershaw folders inclusing the zero tolerance line with frame or liner locks will or at least used to fold like that under similar stresses.
>>
>>32957788
On the contrary the ball bearing lock is stronger. This is assuming all the compared locks are of a similar size and the same build quality.

For a becklock to fail, the tang has to slip past the lock tooth, this can be done with shock or if the force is enough to bend or sheer of the tooth. A ball bearing lock would have to bend out the liners or sheer at the tang, or back out the ball, but Spyderco uses a pretty strong spring, and the more force, the more the ball is locked in, but unless they have an extreme spring, shock can make it fail like in the video.

This all being said, if a lock fails on a folding knife and hurts you... YOU are at fault. There should not be any situation where you actually need the lock to be there are all if you are properly using your knife.
>>
File: download benchmade.png (10KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
download benchmade.png
10KB, 225x225px
>>32953976
benchmade is superior to all
>>
File: 1452623446295.jpg (43KB, 570x587px) Image search: [Google]
1452623446295.jpg
43KB, 570x587px
>>32958373
>>
>>32956565
It's called google fuckass

https://www.amazon.com/Spyderco-Cara2-Black-PlainEdge-Knife/dp/B0049AYJP4
>>
>>32957867
huh ok, thanks for the info on ball bearing locks, like you said regaurdless of how good the lock is it is on you if it fails and you hurt yourself because you were being dumb. Just like with guns proper safety will prevent 99% of injuries including those from failure of safety devices. If you want something super strong guarenteed not to fold get a fixed blade.
>>
>>32958373
benchmade is the best you can get before going to custom made shit. Spyderco is by no means bad and is better value for money than benchmade. Like Glock vs a Sig p320 both similar in form and function and essentially do the same thing just as well it really comes down to how much you want to spend and what you prefer.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.