[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bows are awesome. Archery is immutably cool. Evolutions in weapons

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: latest.jpg (282KB, 1000x485px) Image search: [Google]
latest.jpg
282KB, 1000x485px
Bows are awesome. Archery is immutably cool. Evolutions in weapons technology cannot dethrone the cool factor of just firing off wooden dicks with a bow and arrow. Plus they have a variety of badass trick arrows which can do far more damage and have a much greater utility than a simple gun.

This rigorous obsession with everything being practical and realistic is the cancer that's slowly siphoning the life out of creative media.
>>
>>32952270
>be bow
>shoot 100 yards away
>enemy maybe dead
>enemy friends immedatly kill me

>be gun
>enemy no hear gun from 1 mile away
>enemy head go boom
>enemy friends scared
>>
>>32952270
>far more damage than a simple gun
Yeah if by "simple gun" you mean 8mm nambu. Something that can be stopped by a few wooden boards isn't nearly as destructive as a firearm
>>
>>32952270
>Plus they have a variety of badass trick arrows which can do far more damage and have a much greater utility than a simple gun.

Alright senpai let's go bear hunting in Alaska. You bring a bow, I'll bring a 12 gauge with slugs.

You know who's still going to be alive afterwards?
>>
I think your only valid claim to doing more damage is firing flaming arrows into a straw hut.

Otherwise, I agree with them being fun, and that not everything needs to be practical tactical.
>>
>>32952549
You know that every year there are brown bears harvested with stick bows and wooden arrows, right?
>>
>>32952970

Yeah and once upon a time people brought down elephants with sticks and stones too.

I'm gonna bet you probably can't even draw a bow that you'd trust to put a bear down. Props to the dudes who actually hunt with bows but frankly they're more badass than I am.
>>
>>32953022
Actually my current bow is ~62# @ 30.5", which I'd be quite comfortable taking bear with. 65#+ is Big Five territory and overkill for pretty much anything smaller.

Hell, people take black bear from the PNW with 50#-55# gear all the dann time; most of the fuddlore about draw weight for various species comes from when Johnny Coonass from Satan's Taint, LA took that bucket list trip to British Columbia in the 80s and tries to use a 6gpi arrow with a 125gr mechanical head that he uses on antlered rats to kill an 1100lb. moose and then told his buddies and then it ended up on the internet and now it's gospel truth. You could have an 80# bow and it would do less damage with an arrow like that than a 50# bow shooting an 11gpi arrow with a 200gr cut-on-impact head.
>>
>>32952270
>firing off wooden dicks
inb4 someone converts their dragon dildo collection into projectiles
>>
>>32952270
Know what I just realized?

Gangbangers would be extremely successful if they utilized bows. They're usually felons so that makes getting guns more difficult, but bows are unregulated and probably cheaper than a hi point. Plus they're silent and the tips can be poisoned. Too bad they're lazy fucks who don't even want to learn to use a gun let alone a bow.
>>
>>32954496
You made me die laughing at the thought of hood niggaz shooting arrows at each other. Main issue is they aren't concealable enough.
>>
>>32952549
The bear?
>>
>>32953284
>62
>overkill
Get a second opinion there, Rambo. I've got an 80lb Browning that's not fully penetrated whitetail chests.
The bear will feast.
>>
>>32954496
>tyrone chilling on the corner with a full size long bow tucked into his pants
>daiyquil taking time off from slangin crack n pimpin hoes to learn and practice archery
>>
>>32955258

That would be hilarious.
>>
File: Thug_sideways_pistol_aim.jpg (22KB, 450x319px) Image search: [Google]
Thug_sideways_pistol_aim.jpg
22KB, 450x319px
>>32954496
>>32954585
>>32955258
>>32955395
>holding the crossbow sideways
>>
>>32952487

It depends

In flesh, a broadhead will be like a 12 gauge Foster slug, and it'll probably penetrate more.

But, they suck against hard targets due to limited velocity.
>>
>>32955231
>I've got an 80lb Browning that's not fully penetrated whitetail chests.
Have you tried using the arrows that have sharp bits of metal on the tip? Those seem to work much better for large game than the blunts and judo points you're apparently using.
>>
File: inline vertical crossbow.webm (1MB, 720x400px) Image search: [Google]
inline vertical crossbow.webm
1MB, 720x400px
>>32955525
>holding the crossbow sideways
>>
>>32952461
1 mile ? kek
>>
>>32955691

If this doesn't become an anime weapon I will literally nuke Japan until it learns its GODDAMN LESSON.
>>
Not gonna lie, one day I want to build a folding bow from spring steel with a scope like you had in Turok 2, AND have explosive arrowheads, drilling arrowheads, etc.

Sooooo cool.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.