[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Unfortunately I live in NY and thus am subject to its moronic

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 8

File: DS15-MOE-FLx-ODX-1600.jpg (28KB, 1600x376px) Image search: [Google]
DS15-MOE-FLx-ODX-1600.jpg
28KB, 1600x376px
Unfortunately I live in NY and thus am subject to its moronic laws. I want an ar-15 but it seems like my only options are a fixed mag (out of the question) and this weird bastard version of an AR that a company makes only a few minutes from where I am. I was wondering if any NY or CA people can chime in with their expierence with these SAFE act rifles. I suppose I should add this will be my first firearm.
>>
File: 1485163939205.jpg (172KB, 1600x564px) Image search: [Google]
1485163939205.jpg
172KB, 1600x564px
>>32947089
what you posted is pretty much your best bet for an AR. It's the most comfy to wield out of those frankenstein designs, and makes the gun feel more like a traditional rifle.

People in ban-lands and even outside seem to generally like that design. Alternatives would be these more snowflake-unique rifles that are not 100% compatible with typical AR parts.
>>
>>32947089
Thats not even that bad.
It still functions 100% like an AR doesnt it? Adjudtable stock is overrated anyway.
>>
>>32947795
Really is a pity no one has figured out how to make a comfy compliant stock to attach over a standard buffer tube in appreciable numbers hell I just want an a2 stock without pistol grip
>>
You could also look into an SCR. I find them to be more comfortable than the one you posted. I have a normal ar with a pinned mag that I've considered just getting a normal mag release for but i haven't done it yet. I see plenty of non compliant rifles at the range i shoot at though. Mini 14 or a 223 saiga are also options but if you NEED an ar you're kinda stuck with what you posted (which is not bad btw), an scr, mag pinned, or just don't comply.
>>
>>32947089
I have one anything you wanna know about it?
>>
>>32949032
I would mostly like your general thoughts on it. Is it comfortable for a day at the range? Are the mags as difficult to remove as they look and how do you think the style of this rifle would lend to "shooting sports". Do you live on the island?
>>
>>32947089

i fucked off from ny to missouri and bought the guns i wanted
>>
>>32947089
i dunno why everyone shits on the looks of ny rifle builds

they have a futuristic vibe to them
>>
File: download.jpg (4KB, 194x259px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
4KB, 194x259px
>>32948116
You can. I'm a NY fag with a spur and Patrick Henry trigger guard to accompany a normal Magpul stock and it counts as NY compliant. Just get an A2 stock instead of a Magpul.
>>
>>32947089
I'd suggest looking into one of the Hera arms CQR stocks. They fit all the ban states rules and still manage to look pretty good/futuristic. I'm planning to use one in a future build just because they look neat.
>>
File: maglock.png (197KB, 430x232px) Image search: [Google]
maglock.png
197KB, 430x232px
armaglock.com, bro. It is bit of a PITA but it's the closest thing we've got to a loophole around cuomo's bullshit. I carry a copy of the state police guide to the safe act with the gun to show that I'm trying in good faith to comply with the law. Most upstate cops don't want to deal with enforcing this anyways.
>>
>>32947089
That version kinda looks cool, if you could have a reasonable mag and stuff
>>
>>32947089
I feel like if they made the stock one solid piece it wouldn't look near as retarded.
>>
File: 148210165869.jpg (118KB, 1500x509px) Image search: [Google]
148210165869.jpg
118KB, 1500x509px
>>32949472
Then it becomes a thumbhole.
Ive been contemplating a compliant build using this stock.
It has a metal plate that prevents you from using it as a thumbhole stock.
Until you take it out that is.
>>
>>32949542
That's the stock I was talking about in this post >>32949381.

I feel that with the right parts it could be the perfect space gun
>>
>>32949542
that's actually exactly what I meant

that one looks significantly less derpy.
>>
>>32947089
Move.
>>
>>32949578
Sorry, my short term memory seems to be able to hand only 3 discrete pieces of information rather than the normal 7. I didnt mean to skip over your post.
>>
>>32947089
Fixed mag release is better imho. I don't mind it at all. Five extra seconds to change mag.
>>
>>32949432
CA here. I use this. It's better than removing all the evil features
>>
>>32949161
It's not bad comfortability wise. It is a little rough between the index finger and thumb. The mag release isn't to bad I have smaller hands and I can still touch it the only thing I really have a hard time reaching is the saftey, I can't put it back in safe mode when I'm in the shooting position. Very good at the range and I could see this being used for sport shooting. No unfortunately I'm upstate in Delaware county
>>
>>32947089
If you've ever held a shotgun or rifle with a sporting stock you'll know how it feels.

It's fine, other than the aesthetics the only thing that sucks is that some states won't let you put a muzzle brake on it.
>>
>>32949542
That looks really cool but is it comfortable to hold at all? For when I move of course, is the plate easy to remove?
>>
Like I mentioned in my OP, this is my first firearm. I was thinking about possibly doing this (https://www.dark-storm.com/training/beginner-firearms/dsi-firearms-training-ds-15-education-and-experience-session/) which is where I essentially spend 50 dollars to have them sell me on the gun than shoot 20 rounds from the rifle. Am I retarded to do this?
>>
>>32947089
The internals are all the same. You're making a mountain out of a molehill. Also what's stopping you from moving to Eastern PA?
>>
>>32951594
That'll cost more than buying the ammo, watching a youtube video or two and going out to shoot the gun yourself. But sometimes it's nice to be taught a thing and you can never have enough training. If it's something you want to do, enjoy.
>>
File: VZM.IMG_20161202_165731.jpg (410KB, 894x1167px) Image search: [Google]
VZM.IMG_20161202_165731.jpg
410KB, 894x1167px
Ares scr
>>
>>32950108
>That looks really cool but is it comfortable to hold at all
no, and no.
>>
File: Neutered 2.0.jpg (411KB, 1402x1488px) Image search: [Google]
Neutered 2.0.jpg
411KB, 1402x1488px
>>32947089
Just buy the rifle you want and then uncuck it.
>>
Why could they not add the extra 2 inches of material and connect the buffer tube to the stock? Might actually look good if they did that.
>>
>>32954157
Because then it's a thumbhole stock, and that causes other problems.
>>
>>32947089
I bought this FRS-15 stock because I was looking to build a lightweight AR and the stock is one of the lightest grip/stock combos you can get.

It looks ugly as sin, a baby that should have been aborted before leaving the vagina. BUT it is not uncomfortable to shoot. I am going to be going back to a pistol grip and stock that clips onto the buffer tube but I am in no hurry to ditch the FRS-15.
>>
>>32949542
Can you punch out the thumbhole block for those of us that do not live in retarded states?
>>
>>32949270
I am on my first build (mostly psa stuff) and I was considering doing this; it's unfortunate that a spurr seems even more legally dubious than other alternatives I've seen.
t. commiefornia
>>
File: featureless.png (154KB, 727x330px) Image search: [Google]
featureless.png
154KB, 727x330px
hasn't been mentioned yet but there's also this from "Strike Industries." They have a more expensive version but this one is cheap as fuck and might work.
If you're from /pol/ I suggest you look at their logos.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.