[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alright. Let's argue about Savage arms. Are their products

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

Alright. Let's argue about Savage arms. Are their products cost-effective, respectable tools, or cheap garbage? Are they cucks for moving away from the Indian-head logo? Do you own a Savage? What are your experiences with them? Discuss.
>>
>>32943376
The one and only time I've handled a Saavage was shooting some .22s at Boy Scout camp. That said, I liked the trigger on them, although in hindsight the pull itself might have been a little long. It's been a couple years, so I can't really recall.

Been thinking of buying a cheapo .308 from them.
>>
>>32943376
very cost effective, respectable not really just kinda there more of indifference. the stocks are cheap garbage.
>>
>>32943376
My Savage 10T is easily my most favorite firearm I have ever owned. It sits in a Choate tactical stock and has a SWFA 12x SS scope on top. It shoots half MOA and has never failed me in about 2000 rounds so far. What more could someone ask of a $550 rifle?
>>
Only one I've had was a 22lr Mark II.
So accurate and easy to shoot it was actually a bit boring.
>>
>>32943414
Wow that's impressive if true.
>>
>>32943447
It's true, friend. Best group I have ever shot with it was .258". I am a reloader, though. Doubt you would get that good of performance with factory ammo, even GMM.
>>
>>32943376
They've learned how to do everything that other manufacturers can do but for cheaper. There are plenty of elitists who don't like the thought that there was no good reason for them to drop $2000 on their custom rifle, and these people will scoff at Savage. Don't let them fool you though. Their products are respected by their owners, and that's what counts.
>>
I'm also curious since I'm in the market for a battle rifle. The MSR 10 Long Range seems like a good value. Hope they start shipping them soon so others can review it before I drop $2k+.
>>
>>32943376
My Savage Mk II could make the same hole at 25 yards with factory ammo.
>>
>>32943376
fucking get your magazines figured out savage jesus christ you been at this how long and you still can't make a 22lr work? i'd say garbage.
>>
I picked up a 10FCP last year, with 168gr Sierra Match groups are consistently under .5 MOA. Though when I was torquing the stock to spec it started to strip.

I wanted a cheap precision rifle to practice shooting out to 600 meters; I can't really complain about what I got.
>>
File: IMG_20170210_122212.jpg (70KB, 1077x689px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170210_122212.jpg
70KB, 1077x689px
>https://www.slickguns.com/product/savage-11-scout-308-win-18-fde-60018?mobile=true

mite be cool
>>
>>32946410
Savage is fine.
I prefer Tikka for my budget bolt gun needs. Not so threadbare, still a very reasonable price.
>>
>>32943376

>Are their products cost-effective, respectable tools
Yes
>or cheap garbage?
The axis stock certainly qualifies but the seem to work regardless
>Are they cucks for moving away from the Indian-head logo?
No
Do you own a Savage? What are your experiences with them?
Currently own just a mk II BV. Laminate stock, heavy barrel, .22lr. I posted photos of 10 and 8 shot groups at 110m and got accused of lying. All within 1"
>>
>>32943376
I didn't even know they moved away from the indian head logo. When did they do this?

>GAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
>>
File: 1907_savage.jpg (48KB, 640x488px) Image search: [Google]
1907_savage.jpg
48KB, 640x488px
>>32943376
Only good guns are the old ones.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.