[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I was robbed at gunpoint at work on monday by a junkie with an

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5

I was robbed at gunpoint at work on monday by a junkie with an LC9, he stole 400 dilaudids and is currently on the run. As a /k/omrad I own several long guns and full size pistols with years of experience handling firearms. What are some decent starter CCW guns under 400$? I'm looking at the Bersa Thunder or EAA Windicator
>>
>OP got robbed by a drugged up idiot with a single stack 9mm
you could have let him shot you and you'd be find
>>
>>32943064
your job isn't going to let you carry dummy
>>
>>32943092

I know but it made me more aware of how bad my town is getting with drugs.
>>
>EAA Windicator

I would not recommend this. Consider that you can buy a Smith and Wesson 642 for ~$330 and get a much better gun. It has fantastic warranty support too, unlike the Windicator or other Saturday Night Specials.
>>
Are you OK?
>>
Find a milsurp 9x18 pistol, or just get one of those cheap tokarev 9mm clones.

Full sized pistols arent too bad so long as they are thin. I find myself carrying my CZ-82 more often than my S&W 649, Honestly its because of my universal holster.

That being said theres loads of guns sub 200 that will suit you just fine, I prefer guns that can be hidden in a plain coat pocket so when you grab your "wallet" you can slam their ass through the fabric.

I'd choose to spend a bit more coin, but go for a revolver, a slim pistol of .380-9mm and something that isnt too light.

Only babies cry about weight of small guns.

a 1911 is a bit weighty to carry concealed, but any oldschool straight blowback or small frame revlver will do you perfect while remaining shootablle.

P.S I've been drinking so I can spell.
>>
>>32943249

Yeah I'm fine, he noticed me staring at him remembering details and he told me to turn around, I was afraid he was going to execute me. He robbed another pharmacy and was more physical with the people there.
>>
>>32943064

you have so many years of experience that you cant decide between two cheap starter pistols on your own?

seems leigt
>>
All cheap sub 300$.

Polish Radom P64 Pistol
Bulgarian Makarov
CZ-82 Pistol
PA-63
>>
Get a glock 42 retard
>>
>>32943318

Fucking hell, I'm confident I'm gonna pick a decent carry. I just wanted to hear some opinions. I consider this one of the more respectful boards
>>
http://www.gunbroker.com/item/620235346
>>
>>32943321
I don't know how you can recommend the radom. they're almost exactly as expensive as makarovs, but with a considerably worse (yes, EVEN WORSE) DA pull
>>
File: FK_BRNO_75_FK_caliber_pistol.jpg (212KB, 650x488px) Image search: [Google]
FK_BRNO_75_FK_caliber_pistol.jpg
212KB, 650x488px
>>32943064
Isn't the answer obvious?
>>
>>32943064
>he stole 400 dilaudids
sheet thats about 2-4k worth here lucky bastard
>>
File: 04KENTUCKYWEB-master675.jpg (56KB, 675x458px) Image search: [Google]
04KENTUCKYWEB-master675.jpg
56KB, 675x458px
>>32943064

sell one or two of your rifles or full sized pistols so you are not forced to carry a bersa or eaa poorfag pistol
>>
>>32943305
>That being said theres loads of guns sub 200 that will suit you just fine,

no there aren't>>32943331
>Fucking hell, I'm confident I'm gonna pick a decent carry. I just wanted to hear some opinions. I consider this one of the more respectful boards
>>
>>32943331
>Fucking hell, I'm confident I'm gonna pick a decent carry. I just wanted to hear some opinions. I consider this one of the more respectful boards

be confident bro

get that bersa

>>32943333
>http://www.gunbroker.com/item/620235346

QUADS
>>
>>32943064
How did he approach you? Do you believe you could have successfully prevented the mugging with a CCW?
>>
LC9 obviously.
>>
>>32943364

I bet having a gun on him would only have gotten him shot or not helped at all
>>
do you feel raped OP? Violated?

gonna have ptsd?
>>
In Hawaii we see the same people over and over.

Good and bad. So it's hard to be a mugger. So crim mainly burgle.
>>
>>32943364

I was putting away pills behind the counter, and he walked up pointing the pistol at me and asked for all our dilaudid, the other staff gave him what he wanted and he left before I turned around
>>
File: mp5sbr-6.jpg (91KB, 669x546px) Image search: [Google]
mp5sbr-6.jpg
91KB, 669x546px
>>32943428

would you have tried to shoot him?
>>
>>32943480

No, like I said I can't carry at work. But the whole incident left me feeling vulnerable. Things are going downhill in my hometown, and I just want a little security off duty
>>
>>32943488
Well I mean, technically you can, and it's always better to carry than to not. Even if you don't use it, just so the option is there.
>>
File: screenshot.png (586KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
screenshot.png
586KB, 1920x1080px
>>32943064
..Bane?
>>
>>32943064
What is the gun in OP's picture? Looks like a Tokarev, but the bore is huge.
>>
>>32943522
FAMAS
>>
>>32943064
If you want a wheelguns, a S&W 360 or a ruger sp101 would both be good choices.

For semi auto, a ruger lcp is a better bet than a Bersa thunder, or if you don't mind having a round that's a little more rare you could get a Makarov or a P64.

Try a few different things out a range of you can and see what fits best in your hand. You mentioned the thunder, so if that's something you already know works for you, then I'd consider looking at the lcp as well.
>>
>>32943334
smaller
>>
I wonder how conspicuous an ankle holster would be for stealth carry at work.
>>
>>32943064
Shields go for sale for under $400 around holidays. Or a slightly used glock 26 or something
>>
Bersa
S&W Airweight .38
Taurus TCP
M&P Shield
M&P Bodyguard
SCCY

Any of those seem solid to me. I have a Bodyguard and I really like it. I'd love an Airweight with a shrouded hammer as well.

As far as concealing your pistol, I'd avoid an ankle holster unless you're sitting down at work a lot or worried about getting carjacked. Ankle holsters are only practical for those situations.

Sorry to hear you got jacked buddy.
>>
>>32943092

>asking permission from your work to carry

Concealed is concealed, dude. I always carry at work, never been made going on 4 years now.
>>
>>32943249
Faggot
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.