[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are snake guns a meme? Are venomous snakes a legitimate enough

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 138
Thread images: 13

File: TaurusJudge_1.jpg (31KB, 1100x721px) Image search: [Google]
TaurusJudge_1.jpg
31KB, 1100x721px
Are snake guns a meme? Are venomous snakes a legitimate enough threat to justify the need for a handgun that can dispatch them or is this just a sales gimmick?
>>
>>32942264
copperheads
other Texans will understand this
>>
>>32942264
It's just an excuse for buying a cool gimmick, the same way people who buy magnum handguns are never actually expecting to face off with a bear.
>>
>>32942264
>Creature that is stealthy and can kill you with a single bite
>Not a threat
>>
>>32942276
That's what I'm inclined to believe. It's supposed to appeal to a bunch of rednecks who like to pretend to be operator when they go huntn duur.
>>
>>32942275
Water moccasins
Other Floridians will understand this
>>
>>32942275
>>32942435
Why the fuck do you need to shoot them? Why not just walk around them? Wouldn't the gunshot scare away the other game you are hunting?
Have any of you actually had to shoot a snake while in the field?
>>
>>32942264

Getting bitten by a snake is not cool.

A fucking stick usually works fine as a snake remover though. Cheaper too. I don't see the need to kill EVERY FUCKING SNAKE, since most of them can just be prodded out of the way, and the stick can be used to probe around places where you would think a snake might hide like around logs and brushpiles and run them off before you go putting body parts around them..
>>
>>32942276

Are you stupid? Many people have big more magnums for bear and that is a realistic threat. Unlikely but better have a gun capable of taking it on than not have one at all.

More than likely you'll never have to pull out your CCW let alone fucking use it.

So is your conceal carry a gimmick as well?
>>
>>32942328

How is shooting a fucking snake operator? You stupid meme spouting retard.

Unless it's solid snake. Then yes. Then it's operator.
>>
>>32942264
That specific firearm? Fuck no it's not even that effective at it.

As to venomous snakes being a legitimate threat fuck yea. Shaking my boots out for scorpions and spiders before I put them on and hitting my rugs with my porch stick to scare off snakes are just daily things I do.
>>
>>32942489
>So is your conceal carry a gimmick as well?

Who's gonna break it to him?
>>
>>32942276

>bears

Implying I don't have that for pigs, the literal spawn of Satan
>>
>>32942499
Shooting a snake isn't operator. I'm saying buying a bunch of dumb shit you don't need so that you feel cool is pretending to be "operator."
>>
>>32942509
A good point.

wild hogs, unlike bears are extremely plentiful and also mean.
>>
>>32942500
But do firearms have any utility in reducing this threat?
>>
File: image.jpg (645KB, 1687x1241px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
645KB, 1687x1241px
>>32942276
N-n-no! You're wrong!
>jakes on you, I just like shooting these for fun
>>
>>32942450
While hunting, no. Never shot one whole hunting. At this little pond where children play, yes.
>never been chased by a water moccasin
>>
>>32942585
What gun did you use?
>>
>>32942591
20 gauge
>>
>>32942279
its only a threat if you don't see it. You also can't shoot it if you can't see it.
>>
>>32942450
This
>>
>>32942595
What kind of firearm? Long arm or handgun?
>>
>>32942591
Also shot one with a pellet gun.
>>
>>32942633
>20 gauge handgun
I wish. Long gun. Pump. Don't remember exact brand, probably mossberg. Wasn't mine, was the lady's who owned the property.
>>
>>32942534
That specific threat no. If I shake a blob out of my boot I just smash it or push it along with my porch stick. If I hit the rug with the porch stick and a snake slithers out it will go the opposite direction of the sound/vibration which is down into the driveway.

Firearms do have a good utility when you're walking in the fields though. That specific one does not. I would rather take a .45, .40, or even a 10meme over it any day. All of them are more than capable of killing a snake along with the benifut of putting down large predators.
>>
>>32942640
>>32942649
Oh alright. So this sorta makes it seem like snake control can be accomplished without the need for purpose-built, anti-snake cannons.
>>32942669
Why do you need to kill snakes in the field?
>>
>>32942700
No. If you're so afraid of snakes out in the field, get a .22 revolver with the kolibri rounds.
>>
>>32942275
>Diamondbacks
Americans will understand this.

I still believe grenades should be sold over the counter for population control of snek clusters-fucks
>>
>>32942700
Snakes tend to travel as little as they possibly can. Not all snakes, but it's enough to generalize. If there is a snake on your property today there is a good chance that same snake will be there every day after until it dies. I have dogs that run around. The more snakes I kill the less chance they will be bit. I know the 'right' thing to do is call animal control and they can relocate the snake, but honestly it's quicker to just shoot it and call it a day.
>>
>>32942754
This makes sense.
>>
File: imgp3350.jpg_thumbnail0.jpg (414KB, 800x536px) Image search: [Google]
imgp3350.jpg_thumbnail0.jpg
414KB, 800x536px
I carry pic related with snake shot rounds in both barrels incase I come across a copper head or rattlesnake when I'm working out in the yard/ especially near the wood pile. I've never had to use it fortunately. Poisonous snakes are pretty rare, but so are house fires and I bet you have an extinguisher.
>>
Some people live in areas with lots of snakes, and they need a firearm to get rid of them, think about it
>>
>>32942264
Any gun can kill a snake if you use your damn sights. You probably shouldn't stand your ground to a goddamn snake either, just fucking move in the direction of away.
>>
If you approach a rattlesnake and for some reason it doesn't rattle or just leave before you know it's there, one of two things will happen: you will see it first, in which case you just walk away; or it will see you first, in which case a gun would only be for revenge. You will never effectively defend yourself against a snake.

Source: live in Arizona.
>>
I live in backwoods of louisiana so for my area, it's not a meme. very useful.
>>
>>32943162
>Not listing option 3
>Befriend snek to kill rats in your house
Source: also live in methland
>>
>>32943162
>>32943154
In many places people just kill them to lower their population.
>>
You only need a snake gun if you plan on treading on snakes. Fucking monarchist.
>>
>>32943028
good point
>>
>>32942264
22lr snake rounds are cheap anon. Plus it's an excuse for farmers to pretend to be manly men because they don't have wolves and cougars "threatening" their land anymore. Shooting snakes is all they have.

Usually if you get bit by a venomous snake it's your own damn fault. Rattlers even go out of their way to warn you they're there.

Unless we're talking about water mocassins, them sumbitches are mean.
>>
If you don't want to die and live in a snek area, learn the types and who is on your side. I routinely pick up green garden sneks from my chicken coup, toss them in a pail with a lit, and drop them off near my trash collection site where they can eat rats. My wife releases them near her friends goat barn to do the same.

I don't interfere with garden sneks unless they show up in the chicken coup because they devour rats (rats are much more dangerous to people than most sneks, hantavirus and fleaborne disease etc) and eat babby copperheads. I rarely see a copperhead because muh goodsneks are deployed throughout my property.

I fabbed a hoe with a 6ft steel tubing handle for clearing ditches and it's nice for probing any questionable areas for anycritter.

If I had a rattler problem I'd cut back vegetation even further, but if I kill one I won't waste the meat. Rattlesnek is tasty when fried like most reptiles.
>>
File: 20170209_015126.jpg (34KB, 205x194px) Image search: [Google]
20170209_015126.jpg
34KB, 205x194px
>>32942473
What if i pick up a stick and its a snake, huh?
>>
>>32942264
I don't feel the need to own one, but if I were a rancher or something I suppose I could see it. I mean, if I somehow did end up in a fight with a venomous snake I would rather have a gun than not, so sure I think it's at least somewhat legit.
>>
>>32942450
Some ppl go into the woods more than just once a year on opening day or rifle/deer season
>>
>>32942276
not sure where your from,but theres places outside of the abominations you call cities,and they have all kinds of animals,some which can kill you...
yes if you live in certain areas,like myself ( southern louisiana) stuff like that are great,have a judge and a sawn off .410 snake charmer,great for snakes,especially during spring when the moccasins all come out pissed off and hungary
>>
If you see a venomous snake, you can simply evade. There are only a few snakes in the world that will actually chase after someone and have the speed to catch them. None are native to the US. Just walk away. A snake's aggressive behavior is to make you fuck off. If you fuck off, they are happy and also go away.

OP's pic is a meme, pure and simple. The only way I would own one is if I was one of those snake hunters that catch ratttle snakes in the wild. You may run into a situation where you get cornered by one, etc...
>>
>>32942509
yeah got the russian boars down here,fuckers are small but tough and mean,plus not all snakes are gonna cooperate with your stick, many moccasins are mean as fuck and will come at you and your the one having to run away,the judge i have has taken plenty of snakes,works great,thinking most of the people downing on it are just on the hate taurus bandwagon thing,but also people here seem to be more concerned with weather or not somethings a meme rather than its effectiveness or quality,but its a free country
>>
>>32944165
sorrt to tell you sir but ive seen plenty of american snakes chase people over my 40yrs of life,so not sure where your getting your info from,hopefully you never stake your health or the health of others on what you think to be true
>>
>>32942522

No its not. That's not what operator or wannabe operator means at all.

Those snake guns are literal fud guns.

No one buys one of those with the intentions of being a NAVY Seal or Ranger
>>
>>32942700

Some of us are outdoor fags. If a snake is nearby camp it will most likely remain there and be a potential threat to us.

Snakes don't traverse the land like deer do. They remain in a general area.

So that being said, you don't need a gun to kill it. But it's alot easier to do so when riding an ATV or horse.

And even if on foot. It's not a good idea to follow them in high grass, so keeping distance and shooting it is still a lot better than hitting it with a stick
>>
>>32944285
have you considered simply not bothering the snake? snakes aren't that aggressive towards things bigger than them, they're not like big mammals that will fuck shit up just to do it

> It's not a good idea to follow them in high grass,
so like

just dont do that
>>
>>32942551
>Bohr model

Nice to see an outdated relic on your outdated relic of a gun
>>
>>32944289
My last job involved me and my coworkers to set up a work sight many miles into the desert.
A rattlesnake kept coming to our work site.
Most likely for the warmth produced by our generators and pick-ups.
We chased the fucker away 4 times before I told a Mexican to just run it over with his truck.
We had too many people doing too many things to keep babysitting this snake and were so far out (purposely out of cellular service) that if someone got bit they'd probably be fucked.
I'd imagine snakes have probably done the same stubborn shit at campsites.
And if I was camping with my kids I'd rather be safe than sorry.
>>
>>32942276
>It's just an excuse for buying a cool gimmick, the same way people who buy compact handguns are never actually expecting to face off with a nigger.
This is how stupid you sound.
>>
>>32942435
Moccasins are passive as fuck.

Pythons, Giant rattlesneks and mexicans
Other S. Floridians will understand this
>>
>>32944289
>snakes aren't aggressive
Clearly you haven't run into water moccasins then.
>>
>>32943755

that's what you get for presuming its kingdom, shitlord
>>
>>32944790
They can be
>all the other anons in this thread also saying moccasins
>>
>>32944760
Just curious, what's the job?
>>
I always thought about one of these chamered in alternating .410 and 45 long colt would be neat for hd..for like my mom or something.
>>
>>32942473
Yeah, you never lost thousands of cattle dollars too fuckin rattlers. My uncle owns a ranch and I was always taught if it burrows or bites shoot it.
>>
>>32946483
Lumber stealing.
>>
>>32946976
A regular semiautomatic pistol in a defensive caliber would be infinitely better
>>
>>32942275
Faggots
other OPs will understand this
>>
>>32942264
Oh for the love of-

Snakes are completely harmless to humans if you're not a complete dumbfuck, they just want to be left alone to eat mice and shit, it's not their fault big clumsy fucking humans who don't know shit go innawoods and stomp around with their big old clumsy feet, see a snake, and start poking it with a stick because they're a bunch of stupid ass limbfags.
>>
>>32942435
>other <people from most of the southeast> will understand
>>
>>32942264
>gimmick

Yes. They're barely effective enough to even land most of their shot on a snake-sized target at 10 feet. If you have to walk up that close to something to shoot it you're kind of defeating the purpose of the gun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDJHS0_l8xY
>>
>>32942669

what makes 9mm ineffective as a snek gun?
>>
>>32942450
>Why not just walk around them
Perhaps, you city-bred chuckle-fuck, because there are fuck-tons of them, and they are hazardous to us, our families, and our animals.

- A person who has a house in rural TX, and has to deal with snakes ALL THE FUCKING TIME.
>>
>>32944124
I know. I go in the woods all the time. Even if you aren't hunting, when will you be in a position where you have to shoot a snake to save yourself, and must use a special snake gun?
>>
>>32947796
Don't listen to this guy, he's a worshiper of Set and is scouting this board for being taken over by Thoth-Amon!

Grab him and place him on the wheel of Pain!
>>
>>32947073
But why do you need a special snowflake gimmick gun to do that? Why not just use a normal gun?
>>
https://www.ces.ncsu.edu/gaston/Pests/reptiles/venomousnake.htm

all of these are where I live. They all run when they see you. Dipshits that get bitten step on them, at which point the gun didn't help much because they didn't see it or poked it with a stick. About two dozen people get bitten a year. In the areas where all the natural predators are still breathing they aren't an issue. In the places that they aren't, you can generally call animal control to catch them and use them for antivenin. I can understand the farm/small animal threat but most of the snakes that get randomly killed are garden snakes or black racers. If for some reason you have cottonmouths camping on your porch you'd be better served just keeping a few snake shot round around for a normal firearm.
>>
>>32948024
Alright. I side with this judgement. Snake guns are officially a meme.
>>
>>32947989
Sorry I think these snake loads are stupid, 20 gauge is best, I was responding to the hippy anon claiming they didn't need to be killed at all. Snakes, coyotes, and prairie dogs should all be exterminated.
>>
>>32942264
no, leave them alone
>>
plssss no ssshoot snek
>>
>>32944892
>>32946465
>>32942435

water moccasins being some hyper-aggressive rape serpent is a fucking lie, about as valid as snakes locomoting by taking their own tails in their mouths by rolling like a fucking tire.
>>
>>32942264
They can be depending on the circumstances, but generally venomous snakes pose little threat to the wellbeing of an intelligent person.
>mfw have caught cottonmouths while fishing
>mfw not about to lose a $10 lure to a 15" snake because I don't wanna get bit
This is why snake guns exist.
>>
>>32948420
What kind of faggy ass moccasins you got? In Louisiana they'll chase your canoe. Hell if you even look at their little mud puddle of a territory they'll chase you. Are you sure you're not getting them confused for the non venomous black water snake? Cause there's like 5 different kinds of them.
>>
>>32948420
There's a kind of snake (in Asia) that can fly.
No gun will save you.
>>
>>32948204
I do whenever possible, because they help control even worse animals.

But sometimes, snek's gotta go, and I don't always have a full-sized shotgun or garden hoe with me.
>>
>>32947857

>these got dang city kids don't know nothin', maybe they should willingly live in a snake-infested hellhole, that'll work some sense into em
>>
>>32942264
You all need Set in your lives.
>>
>>32947796
>T. Snek
>>
>>32948467

I'm in Louisiana, you cuck.

Stop perpetuating lies your boy scout reptile studies merit badge counselor or alcoholic and meth addled coonass houseboat-living uncle you only see once a year at holidays told you.

Studies have been done on water moccasins to determine their response to human contact. They run like bitches from people, biting only if you touch them.
>>
File: no step snek.png (574KB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
no step snek.png
574KB, 3840x2160px
>>32947796
>>32948583
>>
>>32948611
What? I've had them come into my canoe. Multiple times in one trip before. They're mean as fuck. Ouiska chitto, Bundicks, Dry, Clear. Pretty much all of Allen Parish moccasins are assholes.
>>
>>32942450
>>32942630
>>32942276
>>32942279
>>32942620
>>32942435
>>32942473
>>32942489

When I was a kid, on a daytrip with my dad in this backwoods place I saw a kid walking around with a .22 revolver. I told my dad - hey look he's trying to be a cowboy.

Dad said promptly that No, there are Rattlesnakes in this area, he's carrying it around in case he runs into one. I asked him why somebody would possibly need a gun for a snake and he clarified:

* Snakes are defensive creatures, if you cross their path and they go defense mode any movements at all might get you bit - even if you try to turn around and run.

* Some snakes will chase you.

* And if you just stand there, like butterfly effect, they might just strike for no reason out of instinct or panic.

So if you're in a situation where you cant make any sudden, full body movements like running... you cant reach over and look for a stick... you're fucked.

Oh but wait, if you've got a Pistol you can slowly pull that out, take aim, and pop the fucker's head off.

Thats why shot-rounds are preferred because its a small target and you're using a fucking pistol for it, you've got to hit something with the same cross section as somebody's Eyeball.

Rat shot and snake shot give you that padding on your accuracy and it works well enough to at least get away if you dont kill it.
>>
File: snake-in-computer-01.jpg (36KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
snake-in-computer-01.jpg
36KB, 640x480px
>Don't mind me, friend, jusssst making sssure everything in her worksss. Yup. You're all good.
>>
>>32947894
>Even if you aren't hunting, when will you be in a position where you have to shoot a snake to save yourself, and must use a special snake gun?

Who says anything about defending? You kill snakes to remove the snakes.
>>
>>32942264
My little NAA .22lr revolver loaded with CCI shotshells easily dispatches water moccasins at 10ft or less. Weighs about the same as 2 .410 rounds and fits in the watch pocket of my jeans. Just sayin'.
>>
>>32942264
just get a regular revolver that isn't exclusively for .410 ammunition. No reason you can't shoot an animal up close with a low recoil revolver with a small caliber.
>>
>>32942275
Cottonmouths
Other Vermonters will understand.
>>
>>32948502
i feel it,I just dislike the fags who think snakes are out to get them
>>
>>32942264
Snakes are beautiful, peaceful animals that are often more scared of you than you are of them. I recommend using bait to lure them out and a gentle nudge with your boot to set them on their way, human.
>>
>>32942264

Just use a .22 pistol if you're that worried
>>
>>32949094
>Human
Yep, found the cryptid/snek
>>
Rattlesnakes are really tasty if you marinate and fry them right! Ya don't wanna fill'em full of 8 shot if you're gonna eat'em though.
>>
File: snakeposter.png (47KB, 1066x380px) Image search: [Google]
snakeposter.png
47KB, 1066x380px
>this thread
>>
>>32947073
See, this is why people hate ranchers. And then you try to claim that grazing improves the land...
>>
>>32948499
Doesnt it glide you retard?
>>
>>32949842
this, it only glides
>>
>>32949648
Never met anyone who hates ranchers before, that's like hating a farmer or small business owner. Doesn't make sense. Also, ranchers do improve the land, they take land that is usually useless for crops and make it produce a valuable commodity that brings money to their area and brings in taxes for their state.
>>
>>32948526
this is the most retarded post I've seen all week, congratulations
>>
>>32942435
Fuckin spiders!
Aussies will understand this
>>
File: IMG_4894.webm (3MB, 940x528px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4894.webm
3MB, 940x528px
>Are snake guns a meme?
I own a Governor and have used it as a snake gun for about 2 years now. People from the lower 48 bring their pet rattlers/water moccasins etc. up here and when they get to big they flush them down the toilet. Normally that wouldn't be a problem but they have adapted to the Alaskan ecosystem and have grown fur.
>>
>>32950072
Useless for crops doesn't equal worthless. The land is valuable just as it is in its natural state. Kill the predators and pests and you fuck the whole ecosystem.
>>
>>32943028
You're right. Poisonous snakes are indeed rare.
>>
>>32948526
>mocks people who choose not to live in liberal hellholes after they respond to his moronic questions about something he doesn't understand.
Just because you don't have a problem with snakes in your city park doesn't mean the problem doesn't exist elsewhere. Take yourself back to /lgbt/, faggot.
What a moron.
>>
>>32944189
speaking as someone who owns and handles venomous zoological specimens on a daily basis, you are either a. full of shit, or b. mistaken on what you think you have seen
>>
>>32947973
so refreshing to see other Robert E. Howard / Conan fans around
>>
>>32947856
not enough stopping power
>>
>>32948692
you are a fucking liar
>>
>>32952252
>Useless for crops doesn't equal worthless.

I suppose it could be strip mined out or pumped for oil, but then ho would lose any future income from the land because it would be legitimately destroyed.

>The land is valuable just as it is in its natural state.

Maybe to the tax assesors who would still demand the same amount in property taxes regardless of if he was using it or not, but to a land owner property "in its natural state" only is valuable if you can make some bleeding hearts pay you to keep it that way, or if you close enough to acity centers that you can convince yuppies to pay you to squat for a week and pretend to be with nature.

>Kill the predators and pests and you fuck the whole ecosystem.

that is the point. to remake the ecosystem into something that benefits us. We've been doing it for 15,000+ years and it's worked out well for the species. And that is the way nature intended it.
>>
>>32942328
You sound like a dickhead.
Not sure I've ever met an operator with a judge.
>>
>>32950072
>Never met anyone who hates ranchers... farmer or small business owner

Where the do you live that you've never met a Democrat?
>>
>>32953262
Paradise?
>>
>>32952830
Sure thing bby
>>
File: copperhead[1].jpg (138KB, 500x458px) Image search: [Google]
copperhead[1].jpg
138KB, 500x458px
>>32942264
>>32942275

REMOVE SNEK!
>>
File: 1457319981287.jpg (145KB, 1050x1523px) Image search: [Google]
1457319981287.jpg
145KB, 1050x1523px
>>32953354
why can't sneks be like this?
>>
>>32942275
Red-bellies and King Browns. Other Aussies would understand this except for the fact we're all cucked and get killed by the snakes.
>>
>>32953288
Nebraska
>>
>>32953500
is there anything there that doesn't try to kill and eat you guys?
>>
>>32953606
Wombats. Instead they accidentally kill us by walking in front of cars and just stopping them. I guess that means its the deceleration and not them technically.
>>
>>32954274
Have you ever been camping where wombats live? They will fuck you up if you get between them and food.
>>
>>32953481
cus only mammals have boobs
>>
File: 20170209_021907.jpg (16KB, 102x156px) Image search: [Google]
20170209_021907.jpg
16KB, 102x156px
>>32945110
What if I'm Moses and I turn my enemies staves into snakes huh?
>>
>>32942264
Snake guns are fucking retarded. Its for that paranoid guy who just sits around cooking up unlikley what-if scenarios and buys gadgets to fit them.

1: 99.9% of encounters you have had in your life with snakes were completely unbeknownst to you because snakes usually just quietley slip out of sight and avoid you.

2: the vast majority of snake bites reported are on the hands or forearms. Because in the 1% of occaisions where the snake doesnt hide before you see it theres a special group of morons who think that poking the venemous animal with a stick is a good idea.

3: In the freak occurences where you are attacked randomly, it will happen so fast you will not have time to draw your weapon and fire, youre just going to get bit.

The strongest defense against snakes is quite literally "leave them alone and dont poke them with sticks."
>>
>>32948711
500 years in the future if mankind is still alive, we will have micro drones will perform at home check ups and inspections...dat feeling when the Geek Squad snek drone stays in your place in the air ducts to watch your wife undress and shower.
>>
>>32953012
You're obviously confusing the value of land with how much money you can get out of it. You're very, very naive.
>>
>>32958172
Yeah, just because you buy 60 acres up a dry gulch doesnt mean you can do anything with it. In fact "getting dry gulched" is a euphamism round my parts for paying an inflated price for a useless piece of land, typically one with no water source available and geologic reasons prevent a well from being drilled.

Theres one such literal dry-gulch near my house, its a beatiful wooded 80 acre gulch with a cabin on it that changes hands every 3 to 4 years because theres a bedrock shelf under ground that prevents a well from being drilled and no spring or creek.

Buy it imagining theyre getting it at a steal until they realize that they now are stuck paying property taxes on land thats too uneven and rocky to run livestock or grow crops even if you did manage to find a water source. Mineral rights are owned by a mining company, and timber isnt worth jack shit now that we import it dirt cheap from canada.

This idea that you can just take any land and make it profitable is stupid. You can find ways to live in such places, but you arent ever going to make a living off of it.
>>
>>32942264
I guess if you're too FUDD to aim a .38 at 4 yards...
>>
>>32955569
>Snake guns are fucking retarded. Its for that paranoid guy who just sits around cooking up unlikley what-if scenarios and buys gadgets to fit them.

???

My yard is filled with snakes. I don't want snakes on my yard. I shoot the snakes. I buy a gun that lets me shoot the snakes without having to aim at a target smaller than a golfball.

What the fuck is paranoid about this?

Are you kids so fucking sheltered these days that the concept of removing unwanted animals from your property is foreign to you?
>>
>>32958438

All land is infinitely valuable. It's the ultimate rare commodity: there's only so much of it, and none more will ever be made.
>>
>>32958479
False, some land IS fucking useless, especially if you are stuck paying taxes on it and cant do anything with it.

Thinking in absolute black and white is a surefire way to lose your ass. Land is an investment thats only as valuable as what you can resell it for, just because you own land doesnt mean you are secure.

First is property taxes, which pretty much garuntee that you never really own it, miss 3 payments and watch your $400,000 investment get consfiscated over a $20,000 tax lein.

Next is nationalization risk. If it pops up that the government decides they really want it they will nationalize it. Oh sure they will call it imminent domain and give you a check for what THEY claim its worth, but its really just land confiscation by government, and they can do it pretty much whenever they want.

Lot of ranchers here lost vast tracts of land that had been in the family since the first settlers back in the 70's when the interstate came through.

Next is market instability, just because you bought it for a price doesnt mean you can resell it for profit or even break even.

Last is useability. If its on a flood plain or high up some rocky steep sided narrow bottomed draw I garuntee you will never sell it for what you paid for it.

There is always risk on investment, and quoting realestate agent platitudes wont change that.

Same with the precious metal guys "its always going to be valuable! Its the perfect investment! No, like land, its a DECENT investment. But tomorrow the government could declare privatley owned gold within the US is now outlawed, decide the gold you bought at 1200 an ounce is now worth $50 an ounce, and confiscate it like they did in ww1 and ww2.
>>
>>32958469
So buy a cheap break action single barrel shotgun from a pawnshop for $75 and save yourself some money.
Thread posts: 138
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.