[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /k/ I borrowed a piece of shit rifle that continuously jams.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6

Hey /k/ I borrowed a piece of shit rifle that continuously jams. Is it safe to spray some WD-40 down the barrel or would that fuck it up?
>>
>>32936766
It's safe but WD-40 is a shit lubricant for guns, git yourself some ballistol.
>>
>>32936766
it will melt the barrel
>>
>>32936806
No it won't. It drys in seconds, is non abrasive or full of chemicals , and is a half decent lubricant.

As far as helping, who knows. It won't really hurt unless you go crazy, but it won't gum up Springs or eat seals.
>>
File: images (3).jpg (7KB, 201x251px) Image search: [Google]
images (3).jpg
7KB, 201x251px
>>32936858
>>
>>32936766
where, and what, is jamming?
>>
>>32936866
Dude, it's mostly fish oil and won't do any more damage then your fingers. It certainly would not "melt" the barrel. As far as being affective, there are better options.
>>
>>32936858
>a half decent lubricant.
HAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>32936906
It lubes the parts on the 20 Clyde crane I work on.
>>
>>32936766
Why would you put lubricant in the barrel instead of on the moving parts?

Also WD40 is complete shit for this purpose. Pretty much everything out there is better including canola oil/FireClean
>>
>>32936766
WD40 is NOT lubricant
>>
>>32936858
>half decent lubricant.
You poor fool. You bought into fudd lore and myths.

WD40 is just a water displacer. Its terrible lube and a terrible penetrating oil.
>>
>>32936884
I posted nutn because you replied to bait man...If it wasn't bait that doesn't surprise me.

Take the intensity downs. Wd40 is fine for metal. A lot of machine shops will spray fixtures and vices down with it. It is however horrible on wood stocks and will buttfuck your stock and make the grain soft as shit. More so than many gun oils.
>>
File: 1486585496351.jpg (87KB, 736x715px) Image search: [Google]
1486585496351.jpg
87KB, 736x715px
Can you believe de be silencen queens???
>>
>>32936766
It will gum up your gun.
>>
>>32937005
Ha! I fell for it. I don't Lurk /k/ much. You got me.
>>
>>32936936
I don't know what that is.
>>
>>32937066
Clyde is a manufacturer of crane draw works and engines. They are used as the standard. The higher the number the larger the crane. My point was, it is just as dangerous of a machine as a firearm with just as much of a need for precision, and I trust WD, but as other anon pointed out, I fell face first into a pile of troll shit.
>>
>>32937157
I can't find anything on this. I'd be interested in what the manufacturer might say. Where do you use WD-40 on this machine? Is this an offshore oil platform?
>>
>>32937212
I guess I was a bit vague, clyde designed and built cranes for ports, ship yards, and derricks in the 40s 50s and 60s. Most all of there machines are still operable and used today. We use WD for all the springs, throws, arms, nuts, pins, and anything else that will not get into the friction pads. Obviously we use petroleum grease for all parts that are in perpetual motion, but WD holds up for just about anything that needs to be taken apart later, and extends the life of most Springs, pins, keys, or whatever else. Again, something like fluid film works better but WD gets the job done.
>>
>>32936776
WD-40 is not a lubricant at all.

It's a water displacer (it's in the name for fucks sake) first and a penetrating oil second. Using it as a lubricant is just asking for disappointment.
>>
>>32936766
as others have said wd-40 is shit, get yourself a clp like ballistol

also spraying lube down the barrel probably won't fix the jamming js

can't really help you bc you didn't specify what type of rifle it is but try cleaning the action
>>
>>32936766
You should also try different ammo, maybe try steel cases if you shoot brass and try brass case if you shoot steel, and try different magazines. If you use plastic Pmag type magazines try using aluminum magazines.
>>
>>32937317
So it's used as a rust preventer? That is WD-40's design purpose so it makes sense that you use it. That's what I expected.
>>
>>32937480
Yes it is mostly used for rust prevention but we will also use it as a lube for parts that have no conventional way to get grease in.
>>
>>32936766
dude that stuff is meant for polishing your nukes
>>
File: Alter_Jaeger.png (577KB, 554x600px) Image search: [Google]
Alter_Jaeger.png
577KB, 554x600px
>>32936766
DUDE
>>
>>32936766
As people have said, it'll work but spraying lube down the barrel wont help you with Jams...lol
>>
File: Crappie.jpg (171KB, 1200x500px) Image search: [Google]
Crappie.jpg
171KB, 1200x500px
>>32936766
>>
>>32936766
WD-40 is only temporary and will evaporate over time. get yourself some grease or proper oil son.

Source: I work Home depot
>>
>>32936952

this, if youre lazy go to walmart and buy a can of remington spray oil in the hunting section for like $7. Spray it in the action not the barrel. You can spray it anywhere on the metal you want actually, it's mostly to prevent rust but will help
>>
File: IMG_4307.jpg (56KB, 427x480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4307.jpg
56KB, 427x480px
>>32936866
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.