[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which one of these countries has the best military? I heard rumors

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 9

File: Nordic-countries.png (31KB, 861x731px) Image search: [Google]
Nordic-countries.png
31KB, 861x731px
Which one of these countries has the best military? I heard rumors that it's Sweden. Is it true?
>>
sweden has pink guns that shoot rainbow dog dildos
norway has fuck all
finland has fingolian screaming
iceland has fucking nothing
>>
Just guessing I'd say Sweden & Finland tie for first.

Then it's Norway > Denmark > Iceland
>>
>>32934720
Sweden has the best equipment but Finland is more likely to actually fight and be worth a damn
>>
Acording to this site, Sweeden. But not supricing really since Sweeden has the largest population by far
http://www.globalfirepower.com/countries-listing-scandinavia.asp
>>
>>32934732
>iceland has fucking nothing
Iceland BTFO
>>
Finland without a doubt
>>
>>32934720
>I heard rumors that it's Sweden. Is it true?
i'm not cleared for rumors, but my gut says no.
>>
>>32934789
However, looking down over Wiki's list of active and reserve military personel, both Norway, Finland and Denmark have significantly more than Sweeden in total. Finland takes the lead by having a shitload of reserve personel according to this list.

When it comes to active personel it's Norway>Finland>Denmark>Sweeden. Iceland hasn't really got anything.
>>
>>32934720
Finland>>>Norway>>Sweden>Denmark>Iceland (only has coast guard, no army)

Norway and Denmark are in NATO tho, so they're kinda op by default
>>
>>32934720
Historically Sweeden, today it's Norway.
>>
File: norwegianGay-Army-660x345.jpg (38KB, 660x345px) Image search: [Google]
norwegianGay-Army-660x345.jpg
38KB, 660x345px
>Norwegian military
>>
File: scandi strong.jpg (64KB, 599x646px) Image search: [Google]
scandi strong.jpg
64KB, 599x646px
>>32934720
None of them.
>>
>>32934720
>I heard rumors that it's Sweden. Is it true?
Sweden has no military.
>>
>>32935231
But anon...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swedish_Armed_Forces
>>
>>32934935
Iceland is also in NATO
>>
>>32935219
Dane, actually.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gay_Army
>>
Swedes probably have the best ability to project force
>>
>>32934720

Sweden has decided that national defense is secondary mission for military, behind peacekeeping missions and showcasing products Swedish military industry.
>>
>>32934720

Swedish "military" is mostly a way to filter euros to their export arms industry. They haven't been in a fight in 200 years, and in case of a war, their plan is simple: hide behind Finland.
>>
Finland
>>
>>32936482
Not true. Soldiers from sweden was in combat on Congo in the 60s and in Afghanistan in the 00s and the 10s. Just because they were sent as peacekeeper, doesn't mean they can't fight back.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTTb4FtQQrI
>>
And here, Norwegians in afghanistan.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qP9EaPa8dg
>>
File: Finnish army in a nutshell.jpg (176KB, 638x1497px) Image search: [Google]
Finnish army in a nutshell.jpg
176KB, 638x1497px
>>32934720
Finland
>>
Don't know much about Nordics but I've read some good stuff. like Swedish submarines are best in the world, Finns got huge amounts of artillery and very good pilots.

Considering their populations are only like 4-9 million, impressive.
>>
Finland :DDD
>>
File: Finland.jpg (97KB, 617x670px) Image search: [Google]
Finland.jpg
97KB, 617x670px
>be finland
>fight one of the world's largest militaries to a stalemate
>twice
>eventually they just stop fucking with you so you can go back to drinking kossu and inventing dank memes
>>
File: 1465943631141.jpg (207KB, 627x749px) Image search: [Google]
1465943631141.jpg
207KB, 627x749px
>>32937024
Finland stronk, Russia we war you
>>
What makes Finland so great? Is it the saunas?
>>
>>32937024
>to a stalement
>losing territory is a statlement
wew lad thats like saying America didnt lose vietnam
>>
File: L0FxDam.jpg (48KB, 600x357px) Image search: [Google]
L0FxDam.jpg
48KB, 600x357px
did someone say finlan
>>
>>32934720
finland has an entire army of pagan shamans
all the other armies are either cucked or non-existant
>>
>>32937130
Rape elves
>>
>>32937154

If Russia won both wars why does finland still exist? You think Stalin just graciously declined to conquer Finland, even though that was his explicitly stated goal upon invading the country? Stalin's goal in the wars- conquering Finland- failed. Finland's goal in the wars- defending Finnish sovereignty- accomplished. If anything Finland won both wars, I was being generous in saying it was a stalemate due to the territorial concessions. But the fact that Finland was able to push peace in exchange for those concessions was an incredible victory considering they were facing one of the world's largest and most capable military forces at the time which was hellbent on conquering their country. If that wasn't a victory for Finland, what would have been? If they had defeated the entire Red Army and raised the Finnish flag over Moscow?
>>
Speaking as Norwegian.

Finns are probably best; they have Russkis next door and won't go peacenik any time soon.
Setting Norway second, but not because we have a huge army or toughest guys - only because we have been investing heavily in hardware. HK41s, got four new Thyssen subs coming in, got 50 F35 coming in to replace our F16s. Army keeps getting material upgrades. The big problem is that our army is the size of two Russian divisions. Two. But we are part of NATO.
Sweden third; got a lot of nice home brewed material and a lot of soldier, but Swedish troops are not exactly hardcore.
Fourth, Denmark. Has nice tanks and planes but the country is about the size of Kremlin's garage.
Fifth: Iceland. Tough bastards, but the army is the size of a hotel staff.
>>
>>32936418
Not true (altho it basically was for a few years, that isnt the case anymore)
>>
>>32937582
>but Swedish troops are not exactly hardcore.
Thats not what you told us when we had a joint exercise last year...

>Has nice tanks and planes
Denmarks Leopard 2A5s is just a bit better than Norways 2A4s and worse than Swedens 2A5S and Finlands new 2A6.

Their F-16s is arguably the worst of the types of aircraft used by the nordic contries (that said, they are far from bad)
>>
Finland

Do they still train for the ambiguous "yellow state" aggressor that just so happens to always attack from the east?
>>
>>32937769
Yeah, and so do Sweden.
>>
>>32937794
do they still call it the yellow state?
>>
>>32937801
Not sure about the Finns, but we in Sweden usually just called them "the superpower" to not make anyone angry.
>>
>>32937728

Last I heard, the average Swedish conscript morale sucked. But sources can get old too.
>>
File: swedish military in fag parade.jpg (358KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
swedish military in fag parade.jpg
358KB, 1920x1080px
>>32934720
>sweden
>best military
>constanza_belittles.jpg
>>
>>32937907
You should be laughing at their tiny numbers, lack of artillery, rotting planes etc. Not some irrelevant parade.
>>
>>32937928
The parade just shows they're a soft weak willed fighting force on top of everything else.
>>
>>32937950
I don't see how attending a gay parade makes them soft or weak-willed
>>
>>32934720
It was Sweden > Finland but now its Finland > Sweden.

Sweden still has better industry though,
>>
File: img_0738[1].jpg (43KB, 650x366px) Image search: [Google]
img_0738[1].jpg
43KB, 650x366px
After one of the latest submarine scares, a Swedish group had this neon sign placed under water for the russkis to see.

Some times I really do love our neighbors.
>>
>>32937997
What about Norway and Denmark?
>>
>>32937873
I do doubth that, as my unit and most units I have met are very determined that we would fight to the bitter end. Our supreme commander stated that "even if I so was the last soldier alive in Sweden, I would never give up, and I expect the same of you (refering to us)

>>32937928
This
>>
>>32937950
See
>>32938036
>>
>>32938024
>this is how Sweden intends to scare Russia.
Sad!
>>
>>32938024
That sign was placed by "peace activists" saying that it russia would never invade us if we just acted more gay
>>
>>32938036

How many of your youths become conscripts these days? Back in my day 3 out of 4 males had to do service. Now it is 1 out of 7 and only the most fit and determined even get to put the uniform on.
>>
>>32934848
I'm pretty sure America gaurds Iceland
>>
>>32938024
Also, the submarine in that incident was very real.
>>
>>32937801
>do they still call it the yellow state?
Eastland

>>32938028
Norway > Denmark obviously. Norway is rich as fuck so they got good gear and their country is defensible as fuck. Denmark got some good SF etc but they are to small really.
>>
>>32938055

I think it is hilarious. I hope my country will put down a couple too.
>>
>>32937907
>that pic
>literally the militia.
>>
>>32938069
We dont have conscription right now (but it will come back in about 6 months)

The numbers isnt set yet, but it will most likely end up at around 8 - 10 000 people per year wich would mean around 10% of everyone
>>
>>32938080

Didn't say it wasn't. Russkis are 'wandering' into our territorial waters every day, and into our skies. Of course they are doing the same to you.

I lived and worked in Sweden for half a year. I can't recall meeting anyone I disliked.
>>
>>32938036
>Fighting for a country that doesn't even belong to you anymore
Seriously, why would any Swedes not emasculated enough to be in the army want to fight to protect a bunch of mudshits?
>>
>>32938109

Ten thousand per year? That's not much. I think we call in 12 000, and there's fewer of us. Will you be calling in women too, like us?
>>
>>32938159
>Muh memes

Russia for example has a much higher percentage of muslims and people seem to want to fight for them.

Also, I honestly do not care about the religion of people. Sure some muslims are shitheads but the vast majority isnt (if they were we would all be dead by now)

Yet still this is /k/ and not /pol/ so we should probably just agree to disagree
>>
>>32934720

Best at what?

>>32934789

globelfirepower is for the retarded and should not be consider for any analysis ever.
>>
>>32938193
The thing is, we honestly dont have barracs, basic equipment or officers for more initially, and that will take some years to fix so after that the numbers will most likely rise.

Yes, females are included. When we decided to restart conscription we specifically looked at your system and ours will be very similar.
>>
>>32934767
This. 12 Finns with broken beer bottles could over run the entire Swedish armored Calvary
>>
>>32938253
Sure. Since we dont even have any units preforming the armoured cavalery role.
>>
>>32938230

Initial experiences with equal service are very positive - I have actually not heard of any negative premonitions coming true yet. Just as one example the dropout rate during the service period is markedly better than among men. I look forward to seeing the long term results this will have on motivation.

But I am puzzled to hear that you have not had conscription at all for a while. How has the alternative worked out for you?
>>
>>32938352
Yeah same here, I have never had any problems with females

>But I am puzzled to hear that you have not had conscription at all for a while. How has the alternative worked out for you?

Funny that you ask infact as Im a recruiter in the Swedish Army.

We abolished conscription in 2010 (but the vote to do so was like 51%).

The alternative hasnt worked out too well, poor paygrades has meant that to few has enterded, we have only recrited like 60% of what we needed to. This is the main reson conscription comes back.

We dont want to increase the paygrades to much, as we dont want people to join just for money (those people are usually shit soldiers anyway) so the norwegian system seemed very attractive
>>
>>32938281
True. But in your defense your Riot Police Calvary looks swag running over protestors.
>>
>>32938468
Lel, yeah, they are cool and regularly trigger lefties
>>
>>32938429

I see. We have our volunteer units, mainly the Telemark Battalion which sees international servies, and while I don't know the pay grades my impression is that this is an elite unit and a career path for anyone with that kind of ambition. Recruiting have not been an issue.

Last I recall hearing, Sweden has a rising unemployment? Has the pay been really that bad, even comparing to working in cafes in Norway?
>>
>>32938531
Unemployment hasnt risen to much

Here we will differ a bit, as we intend to keep company size units of enlisted personel at most bases (and of corse ranger units etc will be all volunteer).

I doubht we will have an actual battailion of volunteers but getting people to do international missions has never been a problem.

Paygrades in general is better in norway, and especially when comparing military personel.

Here I get like 18 000 NOK/month before taxation (excluding addons for exercises and travel, wich honestly increases that number drastically sometimes)
>>
>>32938633

What will these enlisted units do? Training cadre, techs or administration?

When you say 18.000 is that for an actual officer position? Even with food and house covered, that's puny. I am sorry for you.
>>
>>32938281
AND THAT IS WHY YOU FAIL
Thread posts: 76
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.