[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Have you ever thought about bullet-proofing your home? What would

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 7

Have you ever thought about bullet-proofing your home? What would be some cheap ways to go about it?
>>
>>32933714

It would be heavy but I've considered putting steel plate in the walls next to my exit doors. It would be cheap but extremely effective bullet proofing.
>>
waste of money, waste of effort, waste of time

unless your a high profile person or extremely rich, whats the point?
>>
>>32934472
fun
>>
File: SHTF Bosnia.jpg (1MB, 1504x2964px) Image search: [Google]
SHTF Bosnia.jpg
1MB, 1504x2964px
>>32933714
i always refer people to the dude in Bosnia who profiled how he survived. TL:DR keep it low key, and look like nobody. if you're going to reinforce your house, make sure its nothing visible from the street, or you'll be hit first.
>>
>>32933714
For my dream home that will never happen, yeah. I'd probably follow that dude on doomsday preppers who had his walls filled with sand and further sandbags behind the windows
>>
Kevlar curtains my nigga
>>
>>32934637
This is the practical way to do it. Double walls on all exterior with the outer wall filled with sand or other solid filler. Keep your insulation and utilities in the inner wall. Triple up with a brick facade if you want more.
>>
>>32933714
You could line your walls and windows with a bunch of sandbags. That'd be cheap.
>>
Or just build with ICF
>>
File: omega+man[1].jpg (15KB, 782x555px) Image search: [Google]
omega+man[1].jpg
15KB, 782x555px
How long could you hold up in a fortified home against bandits in a I am Legend/ Omega Man scenario (i.e. you have 8-10 hours every day to get new supplies in safety)?
>>
>>32933714
No
>>
>>32933714
Look for hurricane houses/apartments.
>all concrete and steel framed
>double insulation makes it soundproof
>f5 rated tinted plexiglass windows
>all steel doorframes

They're virtually bunkers. And the soundproofing let's me have crazy loud sex with my gf or watch black hawk down the way it's supposed to be seen.
>>
>>32936748
I like you
>>
>>32933714
Sandbags.
>>
>>32933714

Sandbags easily deployed in weaker places.
>>
Buy an actual castle (expensive and not possible for ameripoors)
Walls
Space for farming/animals and a well

Cant go it along with a castle, need a group.

Build a castle yourself ('spensive but more possible than you would think)

Build a fortified house (not as hard as it sounds, basically just older european townhouse designs, the windows are elevated higher off of the ground and feature less on the ground floor, some have only one or two small windows on the ground floor which are about 2 metres off of the ground) , so higher windows, thicker walls-extra few layers, or just twice as thick, (use solid stones rather than brick eg.,limestone (You ameripoors like to use wood- dont), or if you have to use brick make the base, corners and windows out of limestone.

If you want have something architecturally defensive such as towers or slit windows in places, having only one tower is not autistic and was very popular in the renaissance and later the gothic revival , you still find houses like these but they are usually in richer areas as they are more expensive to build so you have to be richer really.

To do all of this you need to be richer really

>>32936748
is probably correct
>>
File: 1484628309058.jpg (118KB, 427x500px) Image search: [Google]
1484628309058.jpg
118KB, 427x500px
It's racist to defend yourself against rampaging minorities goyim
>>
You want something like this
>>
File: 2.jpg (70KB, 482x498px) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
70KB, 482x498px
Or this
>>
You can't beat sandbags for reinforcement on the cheap, though they are bulky. A line of them running along the lower 3-4 feet of a wall would be a pretty effective barrier, maybe better than steel plate. I suppose if you wanted, you could drill and pour sand into drywall spaces between studs, but I'd be concerned the weight would start to pop the drywall over time.

I've shot too many random cinder blocks and bricks to think of them as even moderately effective for stopping multiple rounds. They might stop the first couple/few, but after that you likely have shattered holes in your wall and weakening structure.
>>
>>32933714
Roof is the toughest part. The whole structure would have to be overbuilt unless kevlar shingles are a thing.
>>
File: alcazar castle.jpg (359KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
alcazar castle.jpg
359KB, 1280x853px
Bullet proof, bomb resistant , limited ascess
>>
>>32934374
A friend had an old van we were target shooting. Decided to fill one door with sand, just used a funnel and pulled back the top part a little. Wouldn't be the least bit practical (can't roll windows, door becomes heavy as shit, etc.) but it did stop 5.56 that otherwise would have went right in one door, through the passenger compartment, and out the other.
>>
>>32934492
I think staples should be held in a warehouse for a good portion of their lifespan.
>Can of corn lasts 50 years on shelf
>Government slowly builds stockpile
>After 5 years, sell old cans at near market value
>replace with identical product
Pallets are around half a metric ton
Assuming people consume 2kg/day, one pallet is enough for 250 man days
330 under extreme rationing.
You can put 3-5 m^3 pallets per m^2
To store enough food to feed 100 000 people would take 400m^2 per day of food
Probably closer to 500, with dead space.
Annual cost of food warehousing would probably be like $2/year, all told per resident, per day of food stored
So if a government maintained enough food for everybody for a 2 week emergency, it would be
$30 a year per resident.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.