[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So what would be a path I should follow to join a count-terrorism

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4

File: Swat-Drill.jpg (697KB, 1800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Swat-Drill.jpg
697KB, 1800x1200px
So what would be a path I should follow to join a count-terrorism group? Like the DEA FRT, FBI SWAT, or the U.S Marshall's counter-terrorism unit?

>Inb4 "Is not that easy faggotron, go b8 somewhere else"

I know it's gonna take years. At least 20 if I'm lucky, but I'd really like to make law enforcement a career choice. More specifically a SWAT tactical unit. (I'm getting most of my terms from documentaries and swat officer interviews)

Here's what I'm thinking so far

>Finish college and get my bachelor's on Electrical Engineering
>Enlist in the army as infantry for 4 years at least

But I have no idea what's next afterwards. Do I go for Ranger training? How could I use my degree on the field?
Do I just work as a police officer and bid my time hoping somebody throws me a bone?

I know it's funny seeing a civilian trying to get more knowledge, but truthfully I'm tired of living a useless life like every other fresh-out-of-high-school jerk off.
>>
>>32929761
>posting on 4chan
Too late man, you're already blacklisted.
>>
this thread has to be bait...
>>
>>32929868
I really want info from legitimate veterans themselves. I hate going on google because I never get enough info.

>>32929785
So much for not wanting to be a limp-wrist beta cuck anymore. Fuck.
>>
>>32929761

Go to college, major in a language or Arabic Studies or something. Enlist in the Army, 11B, try for option 40. Volunteer for any schools they're willing to send you to.

It's never a sure thing obviously, but you'd better be pretty fucking motivated.
>>
>>32929904
What's option 40?

Also, why major on a language? Just curiosity
>>
>>32929971
https://forums.goarmy.com/thread/232506?tstart=0
>can't use the internet
Already looking bad for you
>why major on a language
>a thing that is different in different parts of the world and crucial for understanding the people in a different part of the world
Still not looking good. Maybe the nasty girls can use someone of your stature.
>>
>>32930017
I'd rather get told everything from somebody who's had personal experience themselves, or knows concretely this stuff. I don't wanna look like a needy fuck, my bad.
>>
File: spoonfeeding.jpg (45KB, 1024x536px) Image search: [Google]
spoonfeeding.jpg
45KB, 1024x536px
>>32930070
It's ok famalam. I understand.
Not really, just saying that to make you feel better about yourself.
>>
>>32930017
Also yeah I just checked that link too, just wanted to make sure it was consistent. Thanks though.
>>
>>32929971
option 40 means ranger training

option 04 is Airborne training
>>
File: IMG_3539.jpg (508KB, 1920x3453px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3539.jpg
508KB, 1920x3453px
>>32929761
Did you just quote Thermite's bio from Rainbow Six Siege
>>
>including a BSEE as a minor goal
>>
>>32929761
I won't pretend to be an expert, but...
Having combat experience will help, so being an infantryman is good. Deploying is better. That said, what will help more would be actually being in the agency for a while in good standing to get picked to go to some high speed operator school.

I'm a Naughty Girl. Right before he ETS'd, a guy in my unit was accepted into the Secret Service. It's nothing special, he's just another agent at this point. But you gotta start from the bottom.

All that said, keep your hopes high and expectations low. These are government jobs, after all
>>
>>32930232
>Thermite's bio
>Trace joined the Marines after high school, serving two tours in Iraq. After his discharge he used his GI Bill money to put himself through college at Texas A&M and earned a Bachelor Degree of Science in Chemistry. He then joined the FBI. After four years as a field agent he transferred to FBI SWAT.

he did
>>
>>32929761
I don't know anything about the DEA or U.S. Marshall's but I imagine if its like FBI SWAT they are regionally based and recruited internally.

The real counter terrorism groups that I know of are military based. DEVGRU, 1st SFOD..

The closest thing to that is FBI HRT (Hostage Rescue Team) on the domestic side, but good luck. Getting into the FBI as an agent alone is a 1:1,000,000 chance, even if you meet the qualifications. From what I understand, even though their would lead you to believe otherwise, HRT is recruited straight from guys leaving Tier 1 units in the military. Not FBI agents.
>>
I'll offer some advice, for whatever it's worth.

The federal agencies are increasingly seeking applicants with a graduate education and a language under their belt. This doesn't mean that it's a strict requirement, as they still accept tons of people with bachelors degrees. There simply aren't enough graduate applicants to fill the thousands of positions.

A graduate degree, no matter what it is, will set you up for success. When applying to FBI, DEA, ATF, DHS, etc, you are automatically disadvantaged if you are a white male (and lets not forget the hiring freeze).

The Marshall Service is still considered the "cowboy branch" of the government, and a lot of guys from State are lateral-ing over there because it has the shoot-em-up atmosphere that used to be found at every agency.

I really don't know how they recruit HRT guys. I've never met any of them.

From what my FBI buddies tell me, you want accounting experience or education when applying to the FBI, as they need agents in this field of expertise. The problem is that the pay for the federal government is shitty for the first 5-10 years, and you could make much, much more in the private sector.

Also, the FBI is full of backstabbers I've heard. People who would backstab their own mothers to advance their careers. The whole government operates on the "fuck up, move up" policy. That's why the smart people only work there for 5 years, get their experience, then go to the private sector and make a killing. In rivers and bad government, the lightest things float to the top.
>>
>>32930504
>you are automatically disadvantaged if you are a white male
citation fucking needed
>>
>>32930529
I'm not going to provide you the data. All I'm saying is that I know a guy who works at State who first applied for the FBI and was told that "the quota for white males was already reached."

Every field office for State I've been to has their token minority hires that are either incompetent or willingly lazy. They are looked down upon and despised by their peers, but, as I said, "fuck up, move up." Can't fire a tenured agent. Just promote them so they get transferred elsewhere.
>>
Had this one chick called "boo hoo Lu" because a consulate she was at overseas was raided or something and she sat under her desk and cried.
>>
>>32930504
>you are automatically disadvantaged if you are a white male
Is this true or a meme? I've heard it from a few people. Have my degree and some graduate work. Also my Hindi is okay, but needs some work. I'm not white but would think it's not a factor that would stop them from hiring.
>>
>>32930550
>I'm not going to provide you the data
So you no work experience in these agencies, you just know a guy that has said things
>>
>>32930116
Thank you
>>32930232
>>32930323
I actually got that from several of my friends I play TF2 with. I didn't know until I told them what my plans were, and they were going bat-shit insane and found it funny. I seriously had no idea.

>>32930410
So I'm better off joining the military and go in as Option 40 (IF I get the contract)?

>>32930504
Okay... Interesting I never heard of this or thought it was legit. I always saw it on cop shows but never thought it was legit.
So private sector it'd be companies like Academi?

>>32930563
And was she in a position of security? Because if she was, she did a shitty job.
>>
Jump in to the Border Patrol to get federal LE experience. Its the easiest to get in to and then you can hire on with the alphabet agencies much easier or stay with BP if you're a true alpha male. BORTAC is the hardest law enforcement spec ops unit there is.
>>
Should probably shoot for a degree in criminal justice rather than electrical if you want to do that sort of career over the other. That'd be like if you went to school to be a police officer but wanted to try to get a job as an electrical engineer instead.
Mil from my experience does have some overlapping stuff with police work in a little ways. Going infantry gun slinger route is kind of counter intuitive for that kind of work since you're wouldn't be gunning suspects down in counter terror work necessarily since that'd just make your job harder.
Don't really know how much I should say but I been kicking around the idea between criminal justice and electric type stuff myself.
>>
>>32932918
>BORTAC is the hardest law enforcement spec ops unit there is
LOL

This is what obese Texans really believe
>>
>>32933124
If there exists a harder selection course outside of the military, I'd love to hear about it.
>>
Clearing boats seems like such a terrible fucking time

>Can't breach doors effectively
>Chokepoints out the ass
>Loud / multilevel areas that can be seen and shot through
>Worst case scenario your environment itself is actually moving
>Metal everywhere so ricochets a real possibility at shallow angles
>>
File: hrt1.jpg (105KB, 900x500px) Image search: [Google]
hrt1.jpg
105KB, 900x500px
>>32933159
FBI HRT?
>>
>>32929761
>>Finish college and get my bachelor's on Electrical Engineering
>>Enlist in the army as infantry for 4 years at least

Okay, now here are the rest of the steps

>Put in an application to the federal agency of your choice, for sake of example FBI
>Hope your application gets you brought on as a Special Agent
>Go to Quantico and finish training
>If you just want to be SWAT get on the FBI SWAT team at the location you are assigned
>If you want to go to HRT then apply

Also FBI SWAT and HRT are two different things. You can be on an FBI SWAT team anywhere you're assigned as an Agent. Hostage Rescue Team is their premier tactical unit and you have to apply and try out.
>>
>>32933062
>Should probably shoot for a degree in criminal justice rather than electrical if you want to do that sort of career over the other.

DON'T DO THIS DON'T FALL FOR THE CRIMINAL JUSTICE MEME.

For real, if you need something to put your application and resume above all the other applicants and CJ degree is NOT going to be it. The FBI can teach you how to be a cop, they don't need you to think you already know how to be one. What they need is people with difference specialized degrees and experience that aren't CJ. This is straight from the mouth of two FBI agents.
>>
>>32933159
But you wouldnt...duh
>>
>>32929761
>wants SF
>posts on a weeb website
>probably cant even run a mile

wewewewew
>>
>>32935156
Is PoliSci a decent degree for getting into LE?

I'm sure I'm already blacklisted from joining the FBI because of an internet piracy email from Zenimax, though I've only ever had cops come to my house when they suspected someone in my house shot a neighbor's window out with a BB gun.
>>
>>32935988
As the other anon said, DON'T FALL FOR THE CJ meme. Do that just not CJ.
>>
>>32933159
Im the guy you're responding to, FBI HRT's selection course is a direct mirror of Delta Force's but with some obvious changes to reflect the law enforcement side of things
>>
>>32936819
Maybe that's true. If it is, I stand corrected. I don't know anything about HRT other than I've seen them have to get air evac'd off a mountain in the desert because they became heat casualties. I can tell you from personal experience that BORTAC selection is designed by a army ODA green berets to mirror SF selection minus a lot of water stuff. It usually has an 80 percent plus attrition rate.
>>
>Finish college and get my bachelor's on Electrical Engineering
>Enlist in the army as infantry for 4 years at least
>enlist

Why enlist when you have a bachelors? Just go officer.
>>
Join the Marine Corps

The Few, The Proud, The Marines
>>
>>32929761
Check out anything near Maryland beltway, nearby Virginia area, and a few special snowflake places like key west. Contractor for insane money opportunities, Govvie for ease of career mobility and almost guaranteed action. Intelligence is fun as fuck if you pick the right career path. An EE could easily deploy out in the field doing covert embedded work and shit.

There is a fucking dope JTF down in key west too. Source: I'm looking into PCSing down there.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.