[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

https://youtu.be/27wDLjY5JSs I am getting really sick of the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: funny_parrot_picture_5.jpg (33KB, 504x442px) Image search: [Google]
funny_parrot_picture_5.jpg
33KB, 504x442px
https://youtu.be/27wDLjY5JSs

I am getting really sick of the stupid bullshit being parroted constantly online.
Even in snub nose revolvers, 357 is significantly more powerful than 38 special.
Listen to big brother Paul!
>>
File: 20160812_115215.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20160812_115215.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
>>32928339
38 is more managable in a snub. 38 p+ is great. Talking about shit getting parroted online and citing a youtube video. Hmmmmm. I know that from personal experience. Adding my charter arms just cause.
>>
>>32928385
I'm not saying that 357 is more manageable, but that it is much more powerful. How often do you hear people say that 357 isn't much more powerful than 38? I agree that 38 is much more manageable, but there is a considerable reduction in power. A lot of people don't consider the 357 because they think that it isn't much more powerful.
I just wanted to spread around some information that may give people more food for thought.

Besides you can't really compare people parroting things that they hear random people say online to me linking a video that is discussing and testing the theory that is being parroted.
>>
>>32928339
Why didn't he just use the 357 guns to shoot both calibers?
>>
>>32928568
Ya but i dont agree with the loading he chose. His test is not scientific. I dont think anyone claims 38 is equal. We all know 357 is more powerful. I think the arguement is in some situations, the difference is neglible. 38 p+ is similar in power to very light and early 357 loads. I have never encountered anyone say 38 and 357 are the same. I have heard folks say the difference isnt that important in a average self defence occurance.
>>
>>32928568
Also cant think of a snub other then a sp101 that i would trust to eat a steady diet of 357.
>>
File: ballistics by the inch.png (14KB, 191x660px) Image search: [Google]
ballistics by the inch.png
14KB, 191x660px
>>32928339
Pic related for some truth. Ballistics by the inch comparison of 125gr 9mm +P, versus same brand .357 magnum 125gr magnum.
9mm actually beats it out of a 2" barrel which is why I think the super short snub nose revolvers are retarded. You can look and compare for yourself, I made that image just for you.

Furthermore, that video was annoying; almost as bad as watching a nutnfancy video. Like nutnfancy, he wasn't necessarily wrong but his long winded explanation of powder burning was pedantic. Furthermore, he used a longer barrel for the .357 "snub" than the .38 then acted like it had a speed advantage, absolutely retarded.
>>
>>32928769
It is pretty crazy how efficient 9mm is.

As for the different barrel lengths, I don't really think that it makes that big of a difference. It was more just to show that 357 is more powerful in short barrels than people think.
He got a 1200ish fps from a 2 and a quarter inch barrel. Granted it is a different load, but it is closer to a 2 inch than a 3 inch.
>>
>>32928769
How exactly do you get 350 fps with one inch of barrel? There is just no way.
>>
>>32930411
You see there is this stuff called gun powder, or smokeless, powder inside the brass part of the round or "boolits" and it creates pressure....
>>
>>32930546
No shit Sherlock.
>>
>>32930546
Wait, you lost me.
>>
>>32928339
Why are we even arguing which inferior caliber is better when 9mm revolvers exist now?

Moon clips ftw. I can now load a wheelgun as fast as a semi-auto which is why I opted to carry a revolver. If I ever have to draw down on someone he's going be too distracted by my class to react.
>>
>>32931182
The only thing 9mm revolvers have on 357 revolvers is a shorter cylinder. 357 is superior in every other way.
>>
>>32931211
Dubs of truth!
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.