[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are Bows any fun to hunt with and shoot in general? Getting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: download.jpg (10KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
10KB, 300x168px
Are Bows any fun to hunt with and shoot in general?

Getting a firearms license here is a bitch, but any cuck can buy a $600 hunting bow.
>>
>>32927591

if you want to get into it, dive into it. Learn the histort and development, try building your own.

bows and atlatls are pretty fun to shoot. Hunting takes skill, but is still fun
>>
>>32927591
short answer: Yes
not-so-short answer: I have two bows. One compound. the other a recurve. both offer their own sets of challenges and rewards. enjoy your new lifestyle.
>>
>>32927591
you in australia?

bows are pretty fun, try going to an archery club if there's one near you. it's a bit hard at first but once you get the technique down it's easy.
>>
>>32927591
A bow is how a real man hunts. They also best for poaching.
>>
>>32928186
Wouldn't mind hunting some native birds illegally desu.
>>
They're fun to shoot. Your main choice would be if you want to go compound or traditional.
>>
I wanna hop into OPs thread here and ask how are recurve bows compared to compound bows? I'm more interested in the former, my lady the latter. I ordered a diamond infinite edge for her as a surprise and it is adjustable to where I could try it out but I'm still more curious about the recurve.
>>
>>32927591
I love firearms. I own quite a few and shoot regularly.
I also love archery. I prefer hunting with a bow. It's an incredibly satisfying sport/hobby.
>>
I'm this guy >>32928782
I own a few compound bows and recurves. They're both great and I hunt with both. They force you to up your hunting game. You have to be close, the closeness depends on your skill as an archer. I recommend you go to a club and shoot both if possible.
>>
>>32928254
Birds aren't active a night thats some day time poaching.
>>
>>32928780
recurve bows are great its what i started with and then went into compound.
recurve is to me all about instincts where as compound is more precision, though if you use a sight for the former its more or less the same.
>>
File: 1481515764721.png (60KB, 226x237px) Image search: [Google]
1481515764721.png
60KB, 226x237px
What's a good recurve bow for a beginner?

I've been thinking of just picking up the Samick Sage because it's what everyone recs and it's cheap
>>
>>32927591
I shot myself in the head with a $600 hunting bow once. My wife was like "whoa, what did you do?" Yeah well, fuck her man. Women just can't understand just how quality this bow really is. Women shouldn't even be allowed to vote, let alone say shit about the sporting goods I enjoy. You know what really makes me fucking mad? When people don't even know how cool my bow is.
>>
File: k returns from a.jpg (129KB, 452x680px) Image search: [Google]
k returns from a.jpg
129KB, 452x680px
Bump for interest.
>>
Mfw i haven't shot my xbow once since i bought it couple years back because there's no opportunities to shoot it where i live rn (only "wood" is right next to a soccer field and the surrounding "countryside" is actually just flat fields with some suburban sprawl thrown in)

Sigh i really ought to move, i've been meaning to move into a hill/forest type region for some time now which also seems ideal for prepping and the like
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.