[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What stories/media deal with rapidly-changing tactics resulting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: C2GTEXLVEAAftxv.jpg (251KB, 850x1190px) Image search: [Google]
C2GTEXLVEAAftxv.jpg
251KB, 850x1190px
What stories/media deal with rapidly-changing tactics resulting in crushing defeats as a force struggles to adapt to a new enemy?

Halo's books detailed Humanity having to adapt to deal with an enemy with energy shielding and plasma weapons.

Zipang dealt with a modern Arleigh Burke-equivalent encountering WWII forces.

The Final Countdown sent a Nimitz back before Pearl Harbor.

Weapons of Choice sent a at-the-time near future fleet from 2020 back to WWII (and wouldn't shut the fuck up about social issues but still)

Hell's Gate from David Weber of Honor Harrington fame (infame, fuck that series) had two civilizations powered by different magic encounter each other and their strange power.

GATE, besides being a JSDF circle jerk, had a modern military encountering fantasy forces.

Youjo Senki has a salaryman-turned-Captain commanding a battle with knowledge of "modern" airpower and tactics against WWI-style foes.

Harry Turtledove's World War series had slow-adapting aliens armed with 90s technology invade Earth during WWII.

I'm a sucker for power/doctrine mismatches, and was wondering what /k/ thought of them.
>>
File: isrealbigby.png (447KB, 461x467px) Image search: [Google]
isrealbigby.png
447KB, 461x467px
>>32927162
There was a story arc in Fables that briefly touched on some GATE-esque stuff.
>>
>>32927162
Also don't forget about Harry Turtledove's Guns of the South.
>>
File: 1469470274593.jpg (181KB, 1499x985px) Image search: [Google]
1469470274593.jpg
181KB, 1499x985px
>>32927748
Is that the one where "Russians" supplied the South with AK-47s?
>>
>>32927762
I don't think the Rivington Men ever told Robert E. Lee they were Russian, but yeah.
>>
>>32927786
How did that end, anyway?
>>
>>32927831
The South wins the war, Robert E. Lee gets elected president pushing for a slow move away from slavery and putting less trust in the Rivington Men while the Rivington Men-backed Nathan Bedford Forrest runs pushing for the status quo and more trust in the Rivington Men, the Time Travelers attempt to assassinate him with uzis, they kill his VP and wife, but he survives. Robert E. Lee then sends the Confederate Army to take the Rivington Men's hideout in Rivington NC, a massive battle ensues where the Rivington Men hold off the larger confederate force with heavy machine guns and land mines. Finally the South pushes through the defenses and destroys the Rivington Men's time machine, leaving many of them stuck in the 1860s. The leader of the Rivington men is killed by a slave and the rest of them are sent to jail. The south gains a wealth of knowledge about our timeline.
>>
>>32927162
Anybody have worldwar epubs?
>>
>>32928507
Check #ebooks on irchighway.
>>
>>32930013
Nvm found one, the Jews in the book are already siding with the ayys, bretty gud so far
>>
>>32927162
>What stories/media deal with rapidly-changing tactics resulting in crushing defeats as a force struggles to adapt to a new enemy?

Practically every war ever fought in the history of mankind.

Oh, wait, you want cartoons instead. OK. Maybe some of the other kids here can help you out with that.

When you want to grow up, quit watching cartoons and start reading about the actual world that you really live in. It's a lot cooler than some pretend robot zombie samurais or whatever's hot right now.
>>
>>32930470
Actually, no, I'm fine with real-world events. Thanks for projecting.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.