[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Eurofag here, how easy is it to buy a gun in your state?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 23

File: ultimaspook.jpg (24KB, 549x471px) Image search: [Google]
ultimaspook.jpg
24KB, 549x471px
Eurofag here, how easy is it to buy a gun in your state?
Also post your guns.
>>
I live in Arizona so it's same day walk out with a gun. Bought a shotgun at 18 and a pistol at 21, both took less than an hour I think.

>post your guns

Too much work, desu.
>>
File: Semi-auto.jpg (204KB, 1101x962px) Image search: [Google]
Semi-auto.jpg
204KB, 1101x962px
>>32926942

I live in Utah. I can literally walk into a store, fill out a form, wait of a background check, and be out of the store in 15 minutes with my new gun.

Also my guns 1/3
>>
File: bolt.jpg (244KB, 1291x1006px) Image search: [Google]
bolt.jpg
244KB, 1291x1006px
>>32927055

2/3
>>
>>32926942
NC here

>Get purchase permit (or have CC license)
>Go in store
>Fill out paperwork
>Do bullshit background check
>Exchange cash for gun
>Leave
>>
>>32926942
Long gun? Same day. Almost as easy as buying an apple. Except there aren't forms for apples.

Handgun is a 3 day wait. But my Ffl counts talking on the phone as day 1. So It's just a call and a 3 day wait.
>>
Same as posted above but most states can do private sales too. Just cash to a stranger, no paperwork, and you get a new gun.
>>
>>32926942
>At dealer
Fill out 4473. Dealer calls it in. Pay moneys. Walk out with gun within 15 minutes unless I stop to fingerfuck something else.

>Private sale
Pay moneys and walk out with gun.
>>
File: wheelguns.jpg (3MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
wheelguns.jpg
3MB, 2448x3264px
>>32926942

>California

background check + 10 day waiting period

can buy no more than 1 long arm per month now

>at least I'm not you
>>
>>32926942
Its terrible

the evil totaltarian goverment forces us to buy a gun and encourage shooting activities and sports

there are no limits on how many guns you can have and if you don't buy a gun each month you will be forcefully given a G3, AK or Ar rifle

Ammo is dirt cheap and the government enforces a Armed Society is a polite society law which make CC mandatory. And Castle law and stand your ground is written down in the constitution with the right to bear arms

even at school the children are thought gun safety and basic gun maintenance and at high School sport shooting is part of the lessons.

Sure we have no crime and raving gangs but its super scary with all the guns

i am planning to move to California to more stable and common sense laws

send help please
>>
Live in PA.
At a gun shop I need a federal background check for all guns, with handguns needing a state background check also.
Any face to face transfer for long guns(rifles and shotguns) do not need to go through any checks.
All handgun sales must go though a FFl who will run the background checks for federal and state.
Overall its not to bad, and only my handgun has been through a shop.
>>
File: man enjoys pasta.jpg (51KB, 428x470px) Image search: [Google]
man enjoys pasta.jpg
51KB, 428x470px
>alabama
>do you want a long gun
"Hey are you 18?"
"Yup"
"Okay so that'll be $580.52"

>do you want a pistol
"Hey are you 21?"
"Yup"
"Okay so that'll be $433.76"

>do you wanna CC
"Hey Sherrif, I wanna CC my pistol."
"Have you ever committed a felony?"
"Nope."
"Ok, here fill out this paperwork and then I'll have your permit to you by the end of the week."
>>
File: 56436437346.jpg (285KB, 969x871px) Image search: [Google]
56436437346.jpg
285KB, 969x871px
Texas
>Walk into local gun store.
>Fill out form.
>Wait 3 minutes to pass background check.
>Hand over cash and walk away with gun.
The background check can take longer if you have a more common name, or can be skipped altogether if you have a CC licence.
>>
File: 1479678478152.png (485KB, 483x980px) Image search: [Google]
1479678478152.png
485KB, 483x980px
>>32927118
>Dealer calls it in.
>>
Texas
Buy online like any other good, wait for it to ship to a gunstore of my choosing or simply walk in and look for something I want then:
>Give him my ID and fill in some paperwork
>wait a few minutes for him to process a background check
>get cleared, pay for the transfer fee if I bought online or for the gun if I bought it instore
>leave with my gun
>>
>>32927165
Oh also, you don't need a permit or anything to OC, and the only restriction to OC'ing is you can't OC near a demonstration.

Also short barrel weapons are completely legal fuck you ATF, you still need a tax stamp for them but there's no hoops to jump through otherwise to own a sawed off double barrel if you so wish.
>>
GA
>go to lgs
>find gun I like
>fill out 4473
>show ccw, ship waiting on the BG check
>pay
>leave
>>
File: gilgamesh.png (294KB, 501x338px) Image search: [Google]
gilgamesh.png
294KB, 501x338px
The only hard part is choosing between Cabelas/Bass Pro, or one of the shitty local shops.
>>
>>32926942
South Dakota here.

>go to gunstore
>fill out background check form
>once it passes after a couple of minutes then give money to store owner
>walk out with gun

Or if it's a private sale
>meet guy behind gas station
>I get out of my car
>he comments how I'm a big guy (4u)
>give him money
>he gives me mosin, all the trimmings, 200+ rounds
>go home
>>
>>32926942
MI dealer here

>show up
>fill federal 4473 form
>if you pass sign a pistol sales record (registration)
>turn form in to local police department
>anything other than a pistol, no registration form.
>>
>>32926942
Colorado, so far I haven't spent more than fifteen minutes waiting for a background check to come back. It's super easy, so long as you don't want mags over 15 rounds. If you do... well it's still very possible you just have to look around a little longer.
>>
In Ohio
>>pick out gun, handgun or long gun
>>Show CCW
>>fill out form 4473
>>pay for gun
>>leave

About as easy as buying beer
>>
>>32927055
>dat pps43
where did it come from?
how much it cost?
how do i get one?
>>
>>32926942
>Oregon

Its surprisingly easy, picked up a nugget and some boxes of ammo for 300$ and walked away an hour after walking into the store.

Plan on hopefully getting an M1 Garand from the CMP through my local FFL whenever my tax return hits
>>
>>32926942
Ohio. Walk in, choose your shit, fill out the form, walk out in 5 min.
>>
Went to walmart the other day to buy some 54r but they didnt have any, decided to blow money on a 10/22

>be me in tennessee
>"i'd like to buy that rifle"
>fill out 4473, took like 10 minutes (it was electronic and never bought one at wallyworld before)
>wait another 5 for the check to get approved
>hand cashier-bro at counter $200
>walk out with rifle
>went home and had fun plinking innawoods
>>
File: DSCF5053.jpg (787KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
DSCF5053.jpg
787KB, 2048x1536px
Alaska is just walk into Fred Meyer, dept. store, pick out what you want and pay. The only thing that takes time is the stupid 4473 BACKGROUND CHECK form everyone is forced to fill out. Then the clerk calls someone and they give the go ahead. I've gone in on a Sunday evening when no one was around and timed it. It went smoothly but from the time I entered the store till the time I walked out was about 17 minutes later. I actually made a thread about it in 2011. This is the actual pic I took of how long it took.
>>
>>32926942
In Mississippi there essentially no regulations except what the federal government forces upon us. Bare bones.
>>
File: DSCF5054.jpg (787KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
DSCF5054.jpg
787KB, 2048x1536px
>>32928940
And this is what I bought that day
>>
>>32927142
I fucking wish.
>>
>>32926942
CTfag here and my local police chief told me to come back in 6 months to prove I can use a vehicle without incidents before he is willing to give me a temp-permit because I got into two accidents in short-succession while delivering autoparts.

And even then he might still deny me.
>>
C&R license.

*browse online guns*

*wow nice gun*

*add to cart and pay*

*shows up at my door*
>>
File: tanfog.jpg (7KB, 267x189px) Image search: [Google]
tanfog.jpg
7KB, 267x189px
I bought one of these today. 95 dollars or 110 if you include taxes. Did the form and my background check got delayed. I can wait.
>>
>>32926942
>walk in
>choose gun
>provide ID for short background check
>not a felon, so this takes about as much time as someone getting a case for my new gun
>buy gun and leave
>>
>>32929415
Forgot to add,
>immediately conceal new gun, no permit required
>soon able to go on campus or to legislature meetings while CCing
>>
>>32927251
ga
>be 18
>go on armslist
>find glock 21
>contact private seller
>hand money
>get gun
>go home n shoot
>>
File: IMG_0653.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0653.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>MI
>Walk into gun show
>Pay cash
>Walk out with gun+ammo

not pictured Remington 800 and Remington Speedmaster 552
>>
>alberta canada
>have ffl
>walk into canadian tire
>cool a mosin for 190
>pay for it
>leave
>8 mins
>>
File: [Europeans Booing].jpg (110KB, 718x628px) Image search: [Google]
[Europeans Booing].jpg
110KB, 718x628px
>walk into store
>point at gun
>fill out 4473
>wait 7-10 minutes
>pay
>walk out
>>
>>32927119
this is wrong. First off you need a FSC card
>basically a license you have to pay for, its a 30 question test that costs about $25. Its a stupidly easy test and the only people who fail are people who dont listen to instructions
long guns:
>need CA ID with current address
>need Firearm Safety Certificate
>10 day wait
>sometimes it can take more days, 30 is the max or you basically fail

Handguns:
>need drivers license
>need 2nd proof of residency
easiest is drivers registration, not everyone has it so any government document with your name and address works.
>need FSC
>10 day wait
>can only buy one handgun every 30 calendar days to the minute since your last pick up
meaning if you picked up on Feb 1st, 3:30pm you have to wait till Mar 2nd, 3:31pm

these laws fucking blow and I hate them. I work at a CA gun chain and people get pissed when we cant accept their passport as a second proof. It is funny when people bring us their car insurance, passport, house insurance, tv bill, credit card bill,and other personal documents and they cant buy a handgun. they usually say theyll go somewhere else but they tell them the same thing
>>
File: 1453268718842.jpg (220KB, 1200x771px) Image search: [Google]
1453268718842.jpg
220KB, 1200x771px
NC here, it all depends where you are and what you're buying.

If you're buying long guns from a store you have to fill out paperwork and do a background check, which can take a couple of minutes.

But if you go to a gunshow, they just take a picture of your id and send you on your way.

As for pistols, it depends on what county you're in. In mine you first have to set up an appointment with the local sheriff office, [which last I checked was a two month waiting period], show up, do the paperwork and background check, and if the sheriff deems you worthy of your rights: You can buy a pistol permit.

It's pretty much the same for a concealed carry permit, you just have to take a concealed carry course and give fingerprints.
>>
Commiefornia: before ban of 2017
>buy ak online
>pay $45 magazine cucker
>literally just a small piece of metal attached with 4 screws. >even comes with allen wrench to remove it
>literally the only thing preventing my gun from becoming a salt weapon and spending 10 years in prison is four tiny screws
>anyway
>wait 3-5 days for shipping to ffl
>come in on delivery day
>sign for it
>wait 10 more days to the hour to pick it up

Its not very fun to buy a gun in california. But its still worth it.
>>
>>32926942
Takes me a couple minutes after picking it out because I have a concealed carry license. The last three guns I bought I did so on the internet so I just walk in, tell them I'm here to pick up, fill out a one page form, they check it against my documents, ring me up at the register, walk out with new gun.

Last time I spent more time waiting to be helped (five minutes maybe) than I did with the actual transaction because it was really busy in there.

I don't know how eurocucks can even live under the illusion they are free with the crazy restrictions and process they have over there.
>>
>>32926942
California
>Apply to purchase a gun
>Submit to background check and wait for it to clear
>Demonstrate that you know how to handle the gun safely/complete a safety course
>Pay FFL and state fees
>10 day waiting period

Not exactly hard if you're not a criminal and you have the cash and patience.

New Mexico
>walk into store
>point to gun
>pay
>leave
>>
File: Savage_Firearms_AXIS.jpg (224KB, 1024x407px) Image search: [Google]
Savage_Firearms_AXIS.jpg
224KB, 1024x407px
>>32931063
Same anon

Sadly for me, I'm a poorfag living on a CSU campus. I'd probably have been able to purchase at least pic related if I were still living in New Mexico.
>>
>walk into Bass Pro Shop
>ask for a box of .51 Gyrojet
>”What?”
>spaghetti slowly drips from my pockets
>oh fuck not again
>face gets red
>”Please give me a box of .51 Gyrojet right now.”
>”I don’t know what that is. What gun is it for?”
>struggling to contain my embarrassment
>clenching asscheeks together to hold in my shit
>voice reduced to a mumble
>”have money please .51 Gyrojet give money please ammo”
>”Are you okay?”
>shit breaches through my asscheeks
>propelled forward at 60mph
>crash through the Bass Pro Shop employee’s counter
>he’s holding onto me for dear life
>all the while spaghetti is flowing out of my pockets like fumes
>crash through the entire row of buildings in the strip mall, broken glass shards in my face
>yelling “.51 GYROJET PLEASE MONEY BASS PRO SHOP .51 GYROJET”
>Bass Pro Shop employee is covered in shit and spaghetti
>my pocket rocket shows no signs of stopping
>he tilts me backwards
>the sheer force of my shit has reached 650mph, we are now propelling upwards
>the spaghetti and shit intertwines and falls down to earth in glorious yellow and brown streams as we head towards the stratosphere
>children below frolic in the mess falling from my anus
>the g-force is causing my asscheeks to flap vigorously and create a gale
>spaghetti and shit blowing through the air on the planet below
>3 miles upwards now
>Bass Pro Shop employee has died from lack of oxygen, his body falls to the surface below and is shredded by the force of my shit
>my transformation is almost complete
>as I leave the atmosphere my bear hands sprout and my tail grows, acting as a rudder
>steer myself across the comsos with my gleaming shit and spaghetti trail
>>
>>32928829

I got it from Southern Ohio Guns just over a year ago for $400. I think you can still find them for 5-600 on gunbroker. It's semi-auto ofc
>>
>>32926942
Minnesota-fag here.

For rifles (except 'military-style semi-automatic rifles') and shotguns, all you have to do is clear a 4473 and pay. Can be in and out in under 15 minutes pretty easily.

For handguns or 'military-style semi-automatic rifles', it is more involved. You need to have a permit to purchase from the Sheriff. Basically you go to the Sheriff, fill out a form an pay $10. They are required by law to approve it or provide an explanation for denial within something like a week. You get a card that is good for something like 3 years. At that point, the process is the same as for shotguns/rifles. Regarding the ten day turn around, it varies a lot by county. Some Sheriff's are less friendly and try to hold things up, but most aren't. In Anoka county I dropped off the form, drove home, and had a voice mail telling me that it was ready, and wanting to know if I wanted to come back and pick it up or if they should mail it. A 'Permit to Carry a Pistol' also works as a ptp.

Technically you can also purchase them without a ptp, but you have to fill out the same ptp form and the gun dealer has report it to the sheriff and hold the firearm until they get an approval (again within 10 days). A lot of dealer's don't want the headache, and will tell you to fuck off and come back with a ptp.
>>
>>32926942
In Kentucky in takes longer to actually pick the rifle than it does to do the paperwork. The actual phonecall takes all of like 10 minutes.

I remember the first time I bought a handgun, it was over so quick I thought they had denied me. Girl behind the counter just laughed at me and said "don't worry hun, you'll get used to it."
>>
File: 2016-09-11 14.34.19.jpg (3MB, 2349x2972px) Image search: [Google]
2016-09-11 14.34.19.jpg
3MB, 2349x2972px
>>32926942
Another Eurofag here. What's your excuse?
>>
File: IMG_20160919_195954.jpg (1MB, 2660x3010px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160919_195954.jpg
1MB, 2660x3010px
>>32926942
Greetings from Czech Republic ;3
>>
>>32926942
I bought a stripped lower for an AR before Nov 8th...
>No barrel, no magazine, no trigger, or sights.
>Still had to spend half an hour doing paperwork
t. South Dakotan
>>
>>32926942

IL. I need a $10 FOID card issued by the state police. 24-hour waiting period for long guns, 72-hour waiting period for handguns. Does not apply when it comes to C&R guns. No feature or magazine restrictions, and I cannot into suppressors. Could be better but we're not a total cuck state like California, New York, Massachusetts, etc.
>>
>>32928975
Have you considered not being a shitty driver?
>>
>>32926942
>commiefornia
>go to gun store/turners
>point at gun I want
>pay $25, take fire arm safety test
>pay for dros and weapon
>wait 10 days
>go back to store
>show them I know how to use pistol
>take it home
>>
>>32931952
As an addendum on MN, the NFA rules are a bit off. We just got the ok for suppressors last year (the whole process of which was kind of amusing, went through stages of 'only cops and conservation officers', to 'no one, not even cops and conservation officers', to 'fuck it, everyone can have them'). SBS (short barreled shotguns) are absolute nope. Machineguns are also a bit fucked, only C&R in their original configuration.
>>
>>32927328
State? In pretty similar shape up here in the MItten
>>
Texas here.

I can walk into any store that sells guns and walk out with a gun as quickly as it takes me to say "That one." and pay.
>>
>>32935645
no paper work/ background checks?
>>
>>32927142
>there are no limits on how many guns you can have and if you don't buy a gun each month you will be forcefully given a G3, AK or Ar rifle

As a poorfag college student, I fucking wish.
>>
>>32928312
Alternatively, purchase rebuild kits online or drive an hour in any direction to get to a state with standard capacity mags and smuggle ~5-10 back.
>>
>>32935679
Nope. The only thing you need is your ID.

And if you buy online sometimes your FFL you transfer to will make you do a background check, but that is his choice, not a law. And if an FFL asks me to do a BGC...I just find a new FFL.
>>
>>32935679
if you have a Texas concealed weapons permit you have to fill out the usual form but there is no phone calls or background checks
>>
>>32927118
Same here in ohio.
>>
File: 20170121_165129.jpg (3MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20170121_165129.jpg
3MB, 5312x2988px
>>32926942
I have a weapon carry license in Georgia, walk in to whatever and walk out in around 15 minutes. Here's my carry gun
>>
File: CCW Jericho.jpg (1MB, 2629x1941px) Image search: [Google]
CCW Jericho.jpg
1MB, 2629x1941px
>>32926942
Texas here. I walk into a store, spend a few minutes doing a background check, pay the money, and walk out with the gun.
So… pretty much like every other exchange, but a little longer. As it should be.
Pic related is the only one I have access to atm.

>>32927055
Pretty much this. Except I only have 3 guns.
>>
>>32935886
I...I have never had to do a background check while buying a gun unless I'm going through an FFL.

What gives?
>>
File: true tactical reload.gif (4MB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
true tactical reload.gif
4MB, 400x400px
>>32935900

I'm this guy ->>32935886
Do you have your Texas CHL?
I’m not 100% sure, but since the background checks for the license are more stringent (fingerprints and all that), maybe that makes the 4473 unnecessary?

I should really find out. Got my CHL since my last purchase…
>>
File: IMG_1148.jpg (1MB, 1732x2883px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1148.jpg
1MB, 1732x2883px
>NV with CCW
>hey I want that one
>fill out form
>pay money
>leave

Can be done in probably less than 10 minutes if you're going for a speed run

Might post guns if I have pictures on my phone.

Have this one from yesterday though
>>
>>32936022
Is that a Rossi? How do you like it?
>>
File: suGlesvkmCw.jpg (124KB, 1079x708px) Image search: [Google]
suGlesvkmCw.jpg
124KB, 1079x708px
Privet from Russia!
Licence for buying shotguns requires like a month of efforts - background check at police office, medical checks, special training courses and exam, hunters id and lots of other papers. You can buy maximum 5 rifles. After 5 years of having a shotgun you can buy AK or AR. Pistols only for police and military.
>>
>>32936022
this. CCW is Nevada is basically a season pass to Disneyland.
>>
>>32926994
shieeeeeet, that's a long time for AZ. My first one took about 15 minutes to get the NICS check back and the rest I have done have all been approved instantly. I've bought lowers in less than 5 minutes.
>>
Florida:
(In store - pawn shop, LGS, Wal-Mart, whatever, and yes, this includes dealers at gun shows) -
Pick out gun
Show photo ID
Fill out 4473 form (3 minutes)
Background check (5 minutes)
Pay $
(IF handgun, you have to wait 3 days to pick it up, or if you have a CC permit, you can get it right then.)

Private party -
Like buying a used lawnmower. Find one, pay the guy, go home with it.

I've had dealers tell me their biggest problem is when someone refuses to give their social security number to help with ID in the system; background check may return bad results that don't belong to you. Or when you start the conversation with "I'm buying a gun for my wife..." which pretty much makes it a straw purchase so they're in a bad spot. I've also actually been present at stores when folks never get to the point of getting a background check, because they come in acting shady as fuck and the dealer just says fuck off, not worth it. You can see a few examples of that on YouTube where some libshit tries to buy a gun while implying he's a loon or has bad intent, so that he can make gun stores look like they'll sell to anybody. Rejection is usually swift and complete, and I'm proud of shops that will refuse a sale to some autist when they could put a few bucks in their pocket.
>>
>>32934468
Why are czech still in warsaw. git gud gunz
>>
>>32927071
>K11
My nigger.
>>
>>32936809
Negative.

Grandpappy's Winchester 94

Got it a few years back when he died. Took it to the gunsmith to get a once over and a little tinkering done on it. Can't wait to actually shoot it though. It put a lot of food on the table for my dad and his siblings back in the day
>>
>>32937206
You ain't kidding. Gotta love it
Thread posts: 78
Thread images: 23

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.